Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2020, 13:47   #16
BHPian

Re: Yet another solo ride this weekend - Ooty trip on my Yamaha RX100

Hi,
Beautiful steed and well maintained too. The pictures are wonderful and reminds me of my trip with my spouse many years ago. Wish I had the gall to take a RX100 on a 300KM trip. One of our members had a doubt whether to keep or sell his RX135cc, hope he is seeing this thread. One ride once in a while would suffice to have made the effort to maintain an engine of another era.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 14:02   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Great travelogue, @Mr. Boss!! Thanks for the beautiful pictures of the places and the ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash.D View Post
I really liked how you captured each moment in your camera and let the pictures do the talking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Excellent trip it looks like. You are super lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Great to see back to back travelogues from Mr. Boss. Awesome log as usual. Pics of the RX100 is super. Keep going!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Lovely lovely lovely! Beautiful pictures and a great looking bike! Thank you for sharing.
Thank you all for the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
It's always a pleasure to read Rx100 stories, especially when mine is going to be 27 in couple of months
Wow, congrats. Wish you many more happy miles ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash.D View Post
I also have a 20 yr old Suzuki Samurai but I am too paranoid to take it on long rides.
Samurai was my childhood crush for it's look (especially the rear cowl, well integrated than other bikes from 90's, like the explorer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
The sort of travelogue that makes me want to hit the road.
One such inspiration was the reason behind my recent rides

Quote:
I also appreciated you stopping at your aunt’s place. I too try to touch base with my extended family members when I am near their homes.
Nothing like making a surprise visit, especially to the elderly people. For the entire 2 hours they were with me, chatting a lot about family, present, past everything. I doubt if our generation could spend such time with the relatives.

Quote:
The last time I was there, a song sequence for the Telugu movie, ‘Vicky Dada’, was being shot :-) In any case, my fondest memory of Ooty is that I saw Juhi Chawla in person before she became a star
During my 1st visit, uncle took us to Shooting spot and said "this is a sacred place, where almost every heroin right from Bollywood to Kollywood rolled over this grass land, either take blessings or you roll a couple of times"
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 14:10   #18
BHPian

Lovely write up. The next ride you plan, do let me know. I will join you. It would be nice to see the new kid on the block with the old lady
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 16:21   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Beautiful steed and well maintained too. The pictures are wonderful and reminds me of my trip with my spouse many years ago. Wish I had the gall to take a RX100 on a 300KM trip.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
One of our members had a doubt whether to keep or sell his RX135cc, hope he is seeing this thread. One ride once in a while would suffice to have made the effort to maintain an engine of another era.
I hope he won't be selling it

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Lovely write up. The next ride you plan, do let me know. I will join you. It would be nice to see the new kid on the block with the old lady
Sure, I hope that must be a trip for you to remember
Max speed I'm doing on this poor old machine is what your bike could do in 1st or 2nd gear.
Old 22nd December 2020, 21:52   #20
BHPian

Re: What are the most rarely used features in your car?

Brilliant writing as always.

RX100 + Ooty, what a combination. Made me nostalgic of 80s movies.

How is the Mulli-Manjoor stretch now, thinking of attempting it this weekend as I am traveling to Coimbatore.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 22:48   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Brilliant writing as always.

RX100 + Ooty, what a combination. Made me nostalgic of 80s movies
Thanks for the compliments.

Quote:
How is the Mulli-Manjoor stretch now, thinking of attempting it this weekend as I am traveling to Coimbatore.
I'm yet to explore this route, been planning for a while but never able to make it happen.
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 23:23   #22
BHPian

Wow awesome travelogue with great pictures and Coonoor is my ever favourite destination too, so loved it all the more. I too prefer the Kotagiri route than the regular mettupalyam route and again the Kotagiri Doddabetta route to Ooty the less travelled route in anyday better. Bike looks great even after riding so much shows what a clean ride you had. Keep munching miles mate. The Lovedale side of Ooty has a even more refreshing views , oh I miss all that. Thanks for bringing back great memories.
majumon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 00:20   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Mr Boss,

Firstly, wonderful pictures and to see that pristine RX 100 is indeed wonderful. The bike brings back many nostalgic memories and only the ones who have rode it will know it’s real worth. As Mohanrides said, the bike surely brings back memories of elemental riding. I hope this beauty remains hale and hearty to give you many more rides like this one featured.

Also, the pictures of the Kotagiri road brings back memories of my drive to Ooty and Coonoor some year’s back. Thanks much for sharing,

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 08:40   #24
BHPian

Mr Boss, few years back I had been to Ooty during Christmas holidays with lots of expectations that have grown since childhood watching scenaries in several Bollywood films. Alas, didn't find it as beautiful as I thought it would be. But looking at the photos in your post I have started doubting my own eyes. Absolutely gorgeous photos and the bike is an eye candy. Any teens from the 90s decade would know the appeal and craze of Yamaha RX100 and yours is such well maintained. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Mile_Breaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 09:00   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

A treat to the eyes @Mr.Boss; the roads are much much better than when I travelled last on this section in 1983-84.

The Yamaha stays ahead - this was the punchline for the RX100 in the 80s. I remember riding pillion on an RX100 in the same colour in 1990 and my college mate was speeding at 95kmph - quite an experience that was.

Those days, the IND-SUZUKI AX-100, the Kawasaki Bajaj KB100 and the Yamaha RX100 were the three 100cc bikes that broke the mental barrier of 50kmph, and the Yamaha broke that barrier by a mile !!

Last edited by vigsom : 23rd December 2020 at 09:04.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:09   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Wow awesome travelogue with great pictures and Coonoor is my ever favourite destination too, so loved it all the more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
wonderful pictures and to see that pristine RX 100 is indeed wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_Breaker View Post
Absolutely gorgeous photos and the bike is an eye candy. Any teens from the 90s decade would know the appeal and craze of Yamaha RX100 and yours is such well maintained. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
A treat to the eyes @Mr.Boss; the roads are much much better than when I travelled last on this section in 1983-84.
Thanks for the kind words and compliments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_Breaker View Post
few years back I had been to Ooty during Christmas holidays with lots of expectations that have grown since childhood watching scenaries in several Bollywood films. Alas, didn't find it as beautiful as I thought it would be.
My snaps as well as the bollywood / kollywood / a~zwood everything showed only what is eye candy, the other side of coin is always hidden
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:34   #27
BHPian

A nice travelogue with some great pictures. Couldn't refrain myself from reading this the moment I saw 'Yamaha RX100' in the title. It truly is an emotion to drive around these roads on a 2-stroke engine and I envy you for it.

Everytime I see one, it reminds me of my uncle's Yamaha RX100 which he sold around 10 years back. He sold it since he works abroad and there was nobody to take care of it back in hometown. He regrets that a lot now since the motorcycle had a lot of soul and memories embedded in it.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 19:48   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
A nice travelogue with some great pictures.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
He regrets that a lot now since the motorcycle had a lot of soul and memories embedded in it.
We made similar mistake in past, sold the old splendor (1997) and Max100R.
Old 25th December 2020, 11:15   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yet another solo ride this weekend - Ooty trip in Yamaha RX100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
This place is quite famous in FB & insta recent days
Attachment 2095408
Few from Instagram

Yet another solo ride this weekend - Ooty trip on my Yamaha RX100-20201224234140.png

Yet another solo ride this weekend - Ooty trip on my Yamaha RX100-20201225105009.png

and one from our member dual disc 200

Yet another solo ride this weekend - Ooty trip on my Yamaha RX100-psx_20190608_214121.jpg
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4603418 (PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India)
Old 31st January 2021, 23:07   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Covered a half of this route last week, roads are pretty good I must say.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...hin-month.html (Coimbatore to Ooty in my Nissan Sunny - 3rd visit within a month)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks