Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2021, 15:59   #31
BHPian

Re: White Alps to the Blue Mediterranean in a Range Rover Sport

Wow, too good travelogue. This is by far most scenic and detailed travelogue. Truly you do inspire a lot.
Mesmerizing pictures and details.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 16:22   #32
BHPian

Great travelogue. One question: how easy it is to find parking in the kind of small towns that you visited? This is my biggest worry that keeps me from renting a car while travelling in Europe. Once I rented a car from Munich to Luxembourg and while driving on auto-bahn was all fun, finding parking in Luxembourg was a total nightmare.
CosmicWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 16:49   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful photos and a lovely travelogue! My own plans for a European family vacation were scuttled by the mighty CoVid. Well perhaps, some day...

How easy is it to drive an RHD vehicle on the right?
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 17:32   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The place is so small that we are looking like giants! Also it is creaking under our weight.
This location is straight out of a fairy tale. Few pictures of RR are just top class.

Thanks for sharing the log with us BP .
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 18:25   #35
BHPian

I am just speechless! Read word by word and relished the entire TL picture by picture. It's a mesmerizing trip blended with all sorts of quandary, natural beauty, driving on superb and scenic roads, adventure on snow after all, and last but not the least - the sumptuous food. The food pictures were drooling in true sense, while I am running short of adjectives to describe the landscapes. I wish I can drive myself on those roads in my own car and be in those heavenly places if at all opportunity comes in my lifetime for once!
Blooming Flower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 18:44   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! What a fantastic travelogue! Straight out of dreams for someone like me who can just dream about these European drives while sitting here in India in these times :-)

The photos are really beautiful. Actually it is hard to decide whether the scenery is more beautiful or your Range Rover is more beautiful. Both are stunning!

I always loved Range Rovers. But a travelogue like this makes one love the car even more. These are the kind of drives that make the car even more special than it already is!

Thank you very much for taking time to share such a detailed travelogue and such stunning photos!
Dr.AD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 19:18   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BlackPearl's Log: Earth Date 19th Dec 2020: Time 12:30 PM
I knew it, the first travelogue in Team-Bhp on Mars will come from you & the Earth date will be replaced by Mars date.

Jokes apart, what a blockbuster travelogue! Each of the pics have been crafted beautifully. What many of us dream, both of you are living that life.

The pics of your Range Rover Sport on snow are just drool.

Wish both of you many more such brilliant trips in future.

Rated 5*

Last edited by Samba : 17th February 2021 at 19:24.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 19:50   #38
BHPian

Awesome.

Pure awesomeness.

This really added Europe on to my bucket list. Damn the pics are so beautiful that I feel as if I am right in the picture. Beautiful car that you had there and as some have already mentioned were there any problems driving a LHD car in RHD countries.

The quality of writing is perfect, like all TBHP travelogues should be. Not too much or not too little. Wish you had added a little more about the local food and culture.

5* rating.

Cheers
OctYFAN
OctYFAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 20:21   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Wow, another brilliant travelogue! Thank you for sharing
Thank you vb-san!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post
What a brilliant travelogue, wonderfully penned, and resplendent with such amazing pictures! Rated 5 stars.
Thank you GhostRider28!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Beautiful pics and the travelogue BlackPearl! This is in my bucket list!
Thank you sam264_2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisvellara View Post
What an amazing thread! Beautiful pictures, a great car and very thoroughly written. Really enjoyed reading it!
Thank you francisvellara!

Quote:
I was wondering, when you drive through so many European countries, how difficult is it to keep track of the traffic rules in each country? Of course there is a great degree of similarity across the EU, but I have read that there are subtle changes in rules in some countries. How big a problem is this?
It is not very difficult if you study beforehand. I find the RAC website quite useful for that and the rules are written down objectively, so that it is easy to remember. Sometimes I do have to refer to it again just to be on the safe side.

Quote:
Also, I'm sure this has been asked countless times before, but is it challenging to drive in an LHD market with an RHD car? If so, can you elaborate on what things become difficult?
No, it is not difficult. The first time I drove an RHD car in Europe, it took me a bit of time to get used to. But it has been easy after that. The only problem that I face for the initial few minutes after landing in Calais is the speed. In UK the speed limit on expressways is 112 Kmph, where it is 130 Kmph in France and the vehicle mostly travel at 140 or 150 kmph. On top of that, they are not as disciplined as the UK drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin2612 View Post
Excellent travelogue Black-pearl!
Looking forward to more travelogues after slackening of the covid-19 virus. . Maybe of Iceland ? The place is of high regards for people who are adventurers.
Thank you sachin2612! Iceland is on the cards. Not sure when though, will need a bit of planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Just Brilliant !!

The pictures are mesmerizing, all of them calendar material. Seeing them, it's giving me goosebumps. I can't imagine what it would feel actually being there.
Thank you Altocumulus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Hats off to you guys taking a decision to leave early. It certainly paid off. In your place, I would have cancelled the trip, not the knowing if I will be able to return in the next few days or not.
Ha ha, it was a big gamble and knowing you, I am sure you would have done the same in my place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Awesome travelogue man. You lived my dream of travelling cross-country through UK and Europe.
Thank you KkVaidya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Was your RR on rent or you own it? What are the powertrain specifications?
This is one of the best looking Range Rovers of all time.
The RRS has been with us for more than a year now. It is 3.0 SDV6 with an 8 speed semi-automatic gearbox. I too think that it is a very good looking vehicle! You can find more about my ownership details in this thread -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ver-sport.html (One Life, Live It - My Range Rover Sport)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
I would take liberty and say that this is by far the best travelogue that I have read on the forum.
Wow, that is quite a statement! I hope that knowing me in person has not clouded your judgement

Quote:
Your passion to document the travel is evident from the number of cameras that you use on trips from GoPro to Drones to DSLRs.
Yes, it is an overkill and I am sitting on terabytes of data, not knowing what to do with them! You forgot the iPhones

Quote:
PS: Like I told you on video call, Mont Blanc as a peak seems bland in front of Matterhorn.
Absolutely, I was heartbroken when I saw Mont Blanc for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
Hi BlackPearl,

Thank you buddy for the white-treat that you fed us with. This snow-clad land is what I crave to visit one day!

Wonderful travelogue I must say, so little to read, so much to gaze at! Well, a picture is worth 1000 words.
Thank you na_agrawal!

Quote:
I will point a couple of mesmerizing things (well, at least, for me) and quirks that I saw in those superb pics and read.
[list]
I loved the way how you wrote - Earth Date!
Thank you once again. I have never seen a more objective reply in any of my travelogues. You surely went through it meticulously and I am truly elated.

Quote:
I spotted a Grand Vitara (2-door) and an S-cross (Golden, well almost. Something like an Indian Celerio color). Are they sold in the EU under the same moniker?
Keen eye! yes they are sold under the same names.

Quote:
I stopped to look for a whole minute at your (-3 Degree) pic. I loved how clean and easy that LR RR driver console is!
Yes, I absolutely love the uncluttered yet functional look of the cluster.

Quote:
When you were close to Les Houches, the pic of the mountains! WOAH! How can I stress enough on my amazement? Neither do I have the correct words, nor the ability to express them in a language. You really need to see my face to believe. Can I use that as wallpaper? Thank you BlackPearl's wife!
I cannot thank you enough for the kind words. Ofcourse you can use it as a wallpaper. If you want I can send you the high quality image to your email if you PM me the ID.

Quote:
Which DSLR and lens do you use? I have a Canon 80D, and I can't click these good pics. Either you have a much superior camera or I'm an absolute noob. I guess it's the latter.
I have a Nikon D810 with 16-35, 24-120 and 80-300 (quite bad in image quality) lens. Many of the pictures are taken with iPhone 11 pro, Gopro 9 and Mavic Mini as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet0051 View Post
Brilliantly written down and beautifully captured with pics. Fantastic road tripl
Thank you Puneet0051!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer567 View Post
Amazing travelogue black pearl!
Chamonix is easily one of my favourite places in Europe. I hope more of us will be able to take trips again with the vaccines coming out.
Thank you dragracer567! Yes, hope to see things coming back to normal. It has been going on for too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
What a travelogue ! I will admit I had to rush through it as it was indeed extensive. I am going to take time and read it again. Your Range Rover looks aspirational, especially in the Snow.
Thank you TrackDay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
Truly a Masterpiece, brilliantly written and those photos are breathtaking.

Well, seems like my eco mode will turn to super-spend mode to do a round trip on my next trip to France. :-)
Thank you starke! Please do visit once the restaurants open up, otherwise without the food it does not feel like a proper trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Wow you got lucky again man! We all know how things changed after that new strain. The photos are epic and the ride looks so good that I want to give up my BMW obsession for it. Also driving around in snow is an experience in itself, it must have elevated to another level in the RR.
Thank you turbowhistle! You don't have to give up on BMW to love another brand. Please do drive a Land Rover/Range Rover. I find them lovely to drive and quite different from others. Driving on snow was a great experience. Though I have driven on ice/snow a lot in USA, driving the Range Rover with so many driver aids is a different kind of experience.

Quote:
I wish I could write as good as you to show some justice to this beautiful and mesmerising continent, especially south of France!
Thank you, but writing is not my forte, so I try to make up with lots of pictures!

Quote:
P.S. We Indians for sure love colorful coats/jackets, my wife also have few bright coats and it's very easy to find her in the sea of black/gray here.
Ha ha, will pass this on to Rajsri and see her response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesquaremile View Post
Fantastic travelogue Blackpearl! really like the attention-to-detail and the photography really brings out the wintery shades.
Thank you thesquaremile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesquaremile View Post
I have had a very similar route/iternary planned for ages (London-Calais-Grimsel pass Bern - La spezia-London) but unfortunately, the wrath of Covid has been relentless in disrupting plans. Hopefully soon!
We went to Grimsel last year, yet to complete that travelogue. I am sure you will be able to visit once the pandemic is over. Wish you a wonderful trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Wow, too good travelogue. This is by far most scenic and detailed travelogue. Truly you do inspire a lot.
Mesmerizing pictures and details.
Thank you SVK Rider!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Great travelogue. One question: how easy it is to find parking in the kind of small towns that you visited? This is my biggest worry that keeps me from renting a car while travelling in Europe.
Thank you CosmicWizard! It needs a bit of planning for the parking. We always try to find places to stay that come with parking. Also it. has become easy to find parking nowadays die to less people travelling. Not sure what will happen after everything goes back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Beautiful photos and a lovely travelogue! My own plans for a European family vacation were scuttled by the mighty CoVid. Well perhaps, some day...
How easy is it to drive an RHD vehicle on the right?
Thank you noopster! Wish you all the best with you travel plan, hope it becomes a reality soon. It is not difficult to drive an RHD vehicle on the right side of the road. It just takes a bit of time getting used to. After that you won't even realise and it becomes habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This location is straight out of a fairy tale. Few pictures of RR are just top class.

Thanks for sharing the log with us BP .
Thank you Sheel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooming Flower View Post
I am just speechless! Read word by word and relished the entire TL picture by picture. It's a mesmerizing trip blended with all sorts of quandary, natural beauty, driving on superb and scenic roads, adventure on snow after all, and last but not the least - the sumptuous food.
Thank you Blooming Flower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooming Flower View Post
The food pictures were drooling in true sense, while I am running short of adjectives to describe the landscapes. I wish I can drive myself on those roads in my own car and be in those heavenly places if at all opportunity comes in my lifetime for once!
I am sure it will happen soon Blooming Flower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Wow! What a fantastic travelogue! Straight out of dreams for someone like me who can just dream about these European drives while sitting here in India in these times :-)
Thank you very much for taking time to share such a detailed travelogue and such stunning photos!
Thank you Dr.AD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I knew it, the first travelogue in Team-Bhp on Mars will come from you & the Earth date will be replaced by Mars date.
Ha ha, thank you Samba! No travelogue on Team Bhp is complete without a comment from one of the most famous Bhpians! So thank you once again!

Last edited by Sheel : 18th February 2021 at 08:46. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
BlackPearl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 00:09   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant and mesmerising, I am falling short of words here to be frank Blackpearl. This log is pictorial gem which can very well work as a mood uplifter. The pictures of the chalet at Servoz and the dreamy pictures of Monaco can bring smile to a face which has forgotten to smile !!

Outstanding log just for the pictures, many thanks for sharing. Also, the RR looks right at home no matter what’s the surrounding. Super stuff
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 00:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful travelogue, BP. It is a rare RR owner who uses their machine as it should be - across mountains and continents, through rain and snow. You give us all hope.

Quote:
Since the days of Need for Speed V Porsche Unleashed, it has been my dream to drive along the Côte d'Azur popularly called the French Riviera.
And I thought I was the only one with those exact memories of NFS Porsche Unleashed!
v1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 02:43   #42
BHPian

Quote:
A last minute desperate attempt turned out to be an excellent decision!
Hi BlackPearl,

WOW! An amazing travelogue and penmanship. The pictures speak a 1000 words.

Couldn't have asked for a better car to do that trip as well

Loved the way, you documented the Date Stamp.
nikhilarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 11:31   #43
BHPian

What a great travelogue. It's like visiting places along with you.

Cheers!
ketan007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 11:47   #44
BHPian

Hello BlackPearl, absolutely fantastic travelogue. Beautiful pictures, especially the drone ones, really drool-worthy. The icing on the cake was the perfume factory ones. In the end, these are the memories which we live for!
ThatCarGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 12:48   #45
BHPian

"Resistance is futile" - all your senses will be assimilated as you read this !!

You would not happen to be one of those "temporal agents" in hiding - would you ? You just made time stand still - simply brilliant !

Your "holographic projectors" weaved pure magic

Now we eagerly wait to be "energized" and "transported" to your next destination

Last edited by DriveTrain : 18th February 2021 at 12:49.
DriveTrain is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks