Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 13:04   #46
BHPian

Re: White Alps to the Blue Mediterranean in a Range Rover Sport

Wow! Another stellar travelogue from you.
The photos of the landscapes and food standout as usual and loved the detailed story telling. And its great that you are utilizing the RRS to the max.

Btw, I was reading some of Papabravo's comments - whereas Matterhorn seems to be a more striking peak than Mont Blanc - yet Mont Blanc too is a very difficult mountain to climb. More like the Everest vs. K2 debate

Cheers!
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 15:25   #47
BHPian

Amazing post! Mesmerized by the beautiful pictures as well as the style of writing.
BTW, is this style inspired from Professor Shonku's diaries? Even if it is not, it surely reminded me of Satyajit Ray's immortal creation. Thank you for taking me back to my childhood days.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 17:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I am going to narrate the sequence of events as a log imitating the way it was shown in Star Trek.
I’ve never read any of the Captain’s log nor expressed interest in doing so even though my business partner is the original star cast on board the Enterprise! (sure you haven’t had a sneak preview of my profile?)

I forewent my walk in the park while the elusive sun was out this morning so I too could venture into the metaphor akin to Tom’s Midnight Garden or indeed the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe being transported to a picturesque fairytale. Sure, you’d have expected a few bumps in the road, what narrative doesn’t...but you and Rajsri overcame them in your quest to defeat the shackles of a pandemic to enjoy what must have been a remarkable experience.
Arbind Ray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 17:52   #49
BHPian

An instant 5 star TL is all I can say. The pictures are jaw dropping and simply to gaze at for hours. Very well narrated (stardate style?). The scenes in the picture are like to from the 90s Yash Johar movies that we used to flock at the cinemas only to get a glimpse of the ever beautiful Europe. Thank you for taking us along with you in this journey, the picture in the moonlight of the white peak is probably one of the best. Keep travelling and sharing.
haisaikat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 17:56   #50

Amazing pictures and a lovely travelogue. Reading it felt as if I am experiencing it first hand.

I must add that this is very similar to the trip I had planned and was to fly out to London on December 22 but the lockdown was imposed and had to cancel my trip. I am curious to know how you managed to get away without quarantine upon entering France and Switzerland?

This trip shall be done by me once the pandemic eases out and things get back to being normal.
SukhamritR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 16:00   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctYFAN View Post
Awesome.
Thank you OctYFAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctYFAN View Post
Wish you had added a little more about the local food and culture.
Yes, even we wish the shops and restaurants were open and we could engage a little with the local people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Brilliant and mesmerising, I am falling short of words here to be frank Blackpearl. This log is pictorial gem which can very well work as a mood uplifter.
Thank you ABHI_1512!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Beautiful travelogue, BP. It is a rare RR owner who uses their machine as it should be - across mountains and continents, through rain and snow. You give us all hope.
Thank you v1p3r!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
And I thought I was the only one with those exact memories of NFS Porsche Unleashed!
I am sure there are a lot of people of our age who will fondly remember those days! I wish I could drive in all the places shown in NFS 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilarni View Post
Hi BlackPearl,

WOW! An amazing travelogue and penmanship. The pictures speak a 1000 words.
Thank you nikhilarni!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketan007 View Post
What a great travelogue. It's like visiting places along with you.
Thank you ketan007!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
Hello BlackPearl, absolutely fantastic travelogue. Beautiful pictures, especially the drone ones, really drool-worthy. The icing on the cake was the perfume factory ones. In the end, these are the memories which we live for!
Thank you ThatCarGuy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
"Resistance is futile" - all your senses will be assimilated as you read this !!

You would not happen to be one of those "temporal agents" in hiding - would you ? You just made time stand still - simply brilliant !

Your "holographic projectors" weaved pure magic

Now we eagerly wait to be "energized" and "transported" to your next destination
Fantastic response Angshuman Da and thank you! Sometimes on the boring. highways we really feel it would be great to travel the Star Trek way. Just key in the coordinates and reach in a few seconds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Wow! Another stellar travelogue from you.
The photos of the landscapes and food standout as usual and loved the detailed story telling. And its great that you are utilizing the RRS to the max.
Thank you Sayak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Btw, I was reading some of Papabravo's comments - whereas Matterhorn seems to be a more striking peak than Mont Blanc - yet Mont Blanc too is a very difficult mountain to climb. More like the Everest vs. K2 debate
Thanks for the information Sayak, I had no idea that Mont Blanc is difficult for climbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Amazing post! Mesmerized by the beautiful pictures as well as the style of writing.
BTW, is this style inspired from Professor Shonku's diaries? Even if it is not, it surely reminded me of Satyajit Ray's immortal creation. Thank you for taking me back to my childhood days.
Thank you SansGT! The style was inspired by the Star Trek series where the captain of the starship Enterprise would log everything. Professor Shonku is at a different level and being a Bengali I would never dare to imitate Satyajjit Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbind Ray View Post
I’ve never read any of the Captain’s log nor expressed interest in doing so even though my business partner is the original star cast on board the Enterprise! (sure you haven’t had a sneak preview of my profile?)
Are you serious? That is fantastic! Please shed some more light, I beg of you.

Quote:
I forewent my walk in the park while the elusive sun was out this morning so I too could venture into the metaphor akin to Tom’s Midnight Garden or indeed the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe being transported to a picturesque fairytale. Sure, you’d have expected a few bumps in the road, what narrative doesn’t...but you and Rajsri overcame them in your quest to defeat the shackles of a pandemic to enjoy what must have been a remarkable experience.
Thanks a lot sir. I have been an ardent follower of your thread on bringing the Endeavour to UK and hope that we can meet someday when the situations improve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Thank you for taking us along with you in this journey, the picture in the moonlight of the white peak is probably one of the best. Keep travelling and sharing.
Thank you haisaikat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukhamritR View Post
Amazing pictures and a lovely travelogue. Reading it felt as if I am experiencing it first hand.
Thank you SukhamritR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukhamritR View Post
I am curious to know how you managed to get away without quarantine upon entering France and Switzerland?
We were just lucky that France had not imposed any quarantine at that time and we ran away from Switzerland just in time before quarantine could start.
BlackPearl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 03:23   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Are you a travel Vlogger on Youtube?

The pictures with snow were outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

Borderless (relatively speaking) EU, snow and a Range Rover. Love the continent of Europe for the diversity and freedom it offers.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 15:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Are you serious? That is fantastic! Please shed some more light, I beg of you.

Thanks a lot sir. I have been an ardent follower of your thread on bringing the Endeavour to UK and hope that we can meet someday when the situations improve!
Sure...a mini road trip where our Range Rover meets the Ford Endeavour somewhere in England

Regarding the ‘Enterprise’ connection: http://firstimpactpictures.com/john_carrigan.htm
Arbind Ray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 16:14   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Are you a travel Vlogger on Youtube?
No I am not a travel blogger. I do have a Youtube channel and have posted mostly offroading videos there. There are other videos as well but I can hardly qualify as a blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
The pictures with snow were outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

Borderless (relatively speaking) EU, snow and a Range Rover. Love the continent of Europe for the diversity and freedom it offers.
Thank you kiku007! Yes traveling in EU is a breeze. There are more checks and traffic jams at our inter-state borders in India, while the inter-country borders in EU are seamless.

Quote:
Sure...a mini road trip where our Range Rover meets the Ford Endeavour somewhere in England
Absolutely! I think there are quite a few Bhpians in UK. We can plan for a UK Team-bhp meet as well.

Quote:
Regarding the ‘Enterprise’ connection: http://firstimpactpictures.com/john_carrigan.htm
Wow, this is fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
Old 5th March 2021, 22:19   #55
BHPian

This is not a write-up BPda, this is a piece of art. Beautifully articulated with mesmerizing pictures.
As I mentioned in the previous thread all these trips of yours are giving us a virtual trip of land so beautiful.
Look forward to the adventures of BPda with RR.
ARAY is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks