Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 08:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Bundelkhand Chronicles - Chasing History and Wildlife from Calcutta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Fresh morning at Lucknow and the mood was upbeat ...
To repeat your words, fresh morning at home and the mood got upbeat... after reading this fantastic travelogue of yours. A long drive with buddies with similar wants is always something special. Besides, the experience of handling the situation resulting from a broken steed, gets etched in the memories that all of you would cherish in the days to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
The place had a snazzy vibe and food was good too, just that it was all vegetarian and we couldn’t stay there for long
I guess, it sums up really well. Your travelogues, this one & others, are not just about the roads or the places but also about the fabulous foods that would fire-up one's taste buds!

Keep traveling!

Best wishes,
gmhossain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 10:16   #17
BHPian

What a visual treat. Thank you for your effort in posting those images.
mihir_m13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 12:00   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

What a stunner! Rated a well deserved 5*.
Apart from the regular hit destinations like Ladakh/Spiti/Sikkim/NorthEast, these places are less visited. But when one visit these places, they never fail to surprise us with their enriched history, tranquil environment & the beautiful landscape.
Enjoyed the travelogue thoroughly. Awesome pics, backed-up by a detailed writeup.

By the way, thanks for opening the innings for Team-Bhp Kolkata chapter in this festive season! The way Bhpians went for road trips during this Puja vacation, we can except atleast 5 more mega travelogues from kolkata Bhpians?

Last edited by Samba : 28th October 2021 at 12:04.
Samba is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 13:10   #19
BHPian

Absolutely Amazing !! This travelogue does 100% justice to the MP Tourism tagline 'Hindustan Ka Dil Dekho'. Although I have visited all the places mentioned in the travelogue on work, I never realised it could be so much fun with the family. Early morning pictures of Lucknow brought back sweet memories. Truly refreshing TL deserving 5 stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
we can except atleast 5 more mega travelogues from kolkata Bhpians?
Still WIP. Hope to finish is soon.

Cheers,
Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 14:44   #20
BHPian

Very nicely written Tlog and even better pictures Abhi da. Your Tlog has opened my windows for a trip to Central India. Must say those places are mostly less explored compared to hill stations. Keep travelling.
LONG_TOURER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 19:49   #21

In 1995 - 96, I have stayed in Khajuraho Village ( opp to Western Group of Temples ) for nearing 9 months, on some project work. We have taken a house on rent. By then it is just a village. The only branded hotel is Hotel Chandela. All others are non-descript small time tourist hotels, having some four or five rooms. Though our worksite is faraway, we stayed here as we can get some good food, compared to other towns nearby. One more reason is easy accessibility of Khajuraho. There will be so many Maruti Omni Vans waiting outside Jhansi Railway Station to pick up people travelling to Khajuraho.
Now, it seems that Khajuraho has become full pledged town, with so many options to stay and eat.
Umash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 20:53   #22

It is absolutely delightful to see someone travelling all the way from WB to Bundelkhand, I never ever thought I would see my hometown here on Team BHP. I hope you're back super soon because there's a lot of great places that you absolutely need visit.
petrolfumes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 22:34   #23
BHPian

Absolute gem , orcha is on my bucket list for MP since long time now.

Since you traversed many states , were you stopped for any checks for vaccination certificates or RT-PCR reports ?

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 00:17   #24
BHPian

Great writeup Abhi ! Nothing less than "bhromon sangi". Haha. Was getting your trip updates through my better half. Thought about Orchha but couldn't fit it in this time as focus was more on spending time at Lucknow and Agra but your travelog made sure I get a virtual visit. Went to Gwalior for a day trip from Agra. Visited Gwalior fort and Jai vilas palace and then returned back to Agra. How did you like Biriyani at Dastarkhwan? While in Lucknow one meal I had at Tunday Kababi, one at Idrish Biriyani and one at Dastarkhwan ! And in between snacks at Shukla Chat and Prakash Ki Mashroor Kulfi But i must say I missed the aloo and egg in the famed Lucknow biriyani !
Mile_Breaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 08:29   #25
BHPian

Mr. Abhi_1512, you have taken some sincere efforts in sharing your journey with us in great detail along with quality photographs at par with a professional. I appreciate your dedication. Impressive!
I don't get such opportunities to travel but posts like yours keep the fire inside me burning. Someday, perhaps, with god willing. Thanks for sharing.
Excommunicado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 15:26   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
To repeat your words, fresh morning at home and the mood got upbeat... after reading this fantastic travelogue of yours. A long drive with buddies with similar wants is always something special.
Many thanks for your good words Golam Da, a travel with like minded friends is indeed pleasurable and enjoyable. As for the food part, still many a places to explore in Varanasi and Lucknow

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
What a visual treat. Thank you for your effort in posting those images.
Thanks mihir_m13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
What a stunner! Rated a well deserved 5*.
Apart from the regular hit destinations like Ladakh/Spiti/Sikkim/NorthEast, these places are less visited. But when one visit these places, they never fail to surprise us with their enriched history, tranquil environment & the beautiful landscape.
Thanks Samba, yes, this part of MP is little less explored. But I am glad, I got see some seriously good places this side.

As for opening the innings, the real cameos are well underway to sweep everything in the coming days. I am surely waiting for those mega blockbusters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Absolutely Amazing !! Early morning pictures of Lucknow brought back sweet memories. Truly refreshing TL deserving 5 stars.
Thanks for the good words Pawan, Lucknow is pure love no matter how many times one pays a visit. I am glad I could evoke some memories for you. I missed staying in Lucknow for some more days, will be doing it soon. Galoutis and Niharis shouldn’t wait for too much. Meanwhile, will look forward to reading your adventure log.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER View Post
Very nicely written Tlog and even better pictures Abhi da. Your Tlog has opened my windows for a trip to Central India. Must say those places are mostly less explored compared to hill stations. Keep travelling.
Thanks, you must visit the Central India LONG_TOURER, it’s beautiful and equally enchanting. Going by two of the beauties that you own, it would be a pleasurable drive for sure.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umash View Post
In 1995 - 96, I have stayed in Khajuraho Village ( opp to Western Group of Temples ) for nearing 9 months, on some project work. We have taken a house on rent. By then it is just a village. The only branded hotel is Hotel Chandela. All others are non-descript small time tourist hotels, having some four or five rooms. Though our worksite is faraway, we stayed here as we can get some good food, compared to other towns nearby. One more reason is easy accessibility of Khajuraho. There will be so many Maruti Omni Vans waiting outside Jhansi Railway Station to pick up people travelling to Khajuraho.
Now, it seems that Khajuraho has become full pledged town, with so many options to stay and eat.
Nice to know of your experience back in those days Umash. Khajuraho is now a bustling town, although it still retains some of the charm for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolfumes View Post
It is absolutely delightful to see someone travelling all the way from WB to Bundelkhand, I never ever thought I would see my hometown here on Team BHP. I hope you're back super soon because there's a lot of great places that you absolutely need visit.
Many thanks petrolfumes, it’s wonderful to find someone from the same land here. And surely I will be back soon, loved the entire Chatarpur district. Too much left to explore yet !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Absolute gem , orcha is on my bucket list for MP since long time now.

Since you traversed many states , were you stopped for any checks for vaccination certificates or RT-PCR reports ?
Thanks Dieseltuned, Orchaa is beautiful. I wonder why this place is not on every traveller’s list ? Regarding the checks, no I was not stopped anywhere at all. Even the hotels didn’t ask for vaccine certificates at all, although we all were carrying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_Breaker View Post
How did you like Biriyani at Dastarkhwan? While in Lucknow one meal I had at Tunday Kababi, one at Idrish Biriyani and one at Dastarkhwan ! And in between snacks at Shukla Chat and Prakash Ki Mashroor Kulfi But i must say I missed the aloo and egg in the famed Lucknow biriyani !
Thanks Mile_Breaker, you were almost on the same journey and I too, was getting the updates from the common source. I hope we get to see your travelogue in this forum too.

As far the Biryani, I skipped having Biryani this time. But, I have always liked Lucknow biryani as they are light and fluffy. Of course, one does miss the Kolkata one but then that’s the beauty of having biryani at different places.

You have visited almost every must visit shop in Lucknow, next time try Rahim’s Nihari. Let’s meet some day and we can discuss over some biryani.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excommunicado View Post
Mr. Abhi_1512, you have taken some sincere efforts in sharing your journey with us in great detail along with quality photographs at par with a professional. I appreciate your dedication. Impressive!
I don't get such opportunities to travel but posts like yours keep the fire inside me burning. Someday, perhaps, with god willing. Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate your good words Excommunicado, glad that you have kept your fire burning. I hope, someday that fire takes you to places you always want to go and that happens sooner for you,

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 17:20   #27
BHPian

An incredible TL indeed in terms of the level of detail, information, narration and pics. For a history buff and foodie like me, this TL was like manna from heaven as this is one part of India I am yet to explore thoroughly (Gwalior and Orchha have been on my bucket list for ages).

Now I know exactly where to stay, what to see and do, and what and where to eat! Rated 5 stars.

On another note, your travelogue tells a lot about the stamina and endurance of your group - I have a reputation among my friends for planning hectic trips, but you are way ahead of me. Glad that everything worked out in the end despite the issue with the engine mount on your friend's Ecosport.
Neversaygbye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 12:15   #28
BHPian

For a person who considers Madhya Pradesh as the tiger heartland of India, this enchanting travelogue was a window to the vast treasure trove of the less explored side of MP. It’s wonderful to think about all of these ancient temples and establishments which have been a silent witness to so many highs and lows of our entire civilisation as a whole. The Sidhachal Jain Rock cuts look stunning! Amongst all the beautiful places that you managed to touch upon in this trip, I think Orchaa takes the top spot for me. Loved the landscape shot of the Betwa river and the B/W series of the sadhu singing Ramcharit manas. Raneh Falls simply looks spectacular ! Although I have never been to Panna, I have heard many tales about its pristine forest, beautiful landscapes and the famous big cats. Your pictures might just push me to go ahead and visit it real soon! It was great to see so many nests of the baya weavers and the flock of painted sandgrouse deserves a special mention ! Last but not the least, T-151 further confirms my belief that MP still remains the tiger heartland of India! Kudos to you for bringing this enticing narrative to life with such an array of captivating shots! Rated a very well deserved 5 stars !
turboNath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 13:20   #29
BHPian

Dear Abhishek,

Knowingly or unknowingly, each of your travelogues, IMHO, comes up with a personality. The Kalimpong one reflected the Monsoon mood so well that it made me feel "Yes, I want to be there, right then." And this one, typical of what a Pujo vacation should be has that crisp, freshness in every line and photograph - with you team of co-travellers , the ladies dressing up for Ashtami, in the blue skies, along with some kash phools thrown in between.

Even though multi-faceted, but let me highlight two more aspects which appealed to me:
Firstly food: Dastarkhawn's Biryani, and next comes up the Champaran Meat that looks to be delicacy to feast upon on a lazy Sunday.
Secondly, the highway drives - The ALE is a delight (though lacks Indian Highway character) so much so that YEW pales in comparison to it. My opinion!

MP is a treasure trove of history and culture, one which we visited during my my school days. We were on an almost month long tour, visiting the forts, temples, train journeys, staying in Railway retiring rooms - for me those days are painted in sepia.

I also feel that the the food of MP deserves a special mention especially the unique fish curries which we had at multiple places - its a taste that still lingers .

Best Regards,
Sayak

Last edited by sayakc : 30th October 2021 at 13:23.
sayakc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 14:57   #30
BHPian

Lovely travelogue. Like your simple but engaging style of writing, touching every aspect of the trip...the journey, the food, accommodation etc. Thanks for sharing.
UD2021 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks