Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2021, 21:18   #31
BHPian

Re: Bundelkhand Chronicles - Chasing History and Wildlife from Calcutta

Excellent thread with great photos. Really liked the hidden gems of Mitaoli, Padavali and the Bateshwar group of temples. Have seen the well-preserved chausath yogini temple at hirapur but was not aware of this one. Thanks for the information and detailed trip.
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 08:24   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post
An incredible TL indeed in terms of the level of detail, information, narration and pics. For a history buff and foodie like me, this TL was like manna from heaven as this is one part of India I am yet to explore thoroughly (Gwalior and Orchha have been on my bucket list for ages).
Many thanks for the good words Neversaygbye, Gwalior and Orchaa are indeed special. Although, I missed the food aspect of MP and couldn’t explore much primarily due to paucity of time but then there is always a next time. Regarding the stamina and endurance part of my co-traveller’s , even I was surprised this time

I hope your trip to MP materialises soon, will be glad if my log helps you one bit in planning something. By the way, the broken down Ecosport is on its way to recovery, by next week, it should be back in the road.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post
For a person who considers Madhya Pradesh as the tiger heartland of India, this enchanting travelogue was a window to the vast treasure trove of the less explored side of MP. It’s wonderful to think about all of these ancient temples and establishments which have been a silent witness to so many highs and lows of our entire civilisation as a whole. The Sidhachal Jain Rock cuts look stunning! Amongst all the beautiful places that you managed to touch upon in this trip, I think Orchaa takes the top spot for me. Loved the landscape shot of the Betwa river and the B/W series of the sadhu singing Ramcharit manas. Raneh Falls simply looks spectacular ! Although I have never been to Panna, I have heard many tales about its pristine forest, beautiful landscapes and the famous big cats. Your pictures might just push me to go ahead and visit it real soon! It was great to see so many nests of the baya weavers and the flock of painted sandgrouse deserves a special mention !
As always, you with your magic words and vivid descriptions, painted something that I always miss to depict turboNath. Orchaa, as you rightly said, will be in my memories forever. The very essence of taking lord Ram as a person who looks over the whole town is overwhelming.

As for Panna, a person of your caliber will simply shoot your way to glory. Such is the topographical beauty of the forest, that one can only see and admire. I am sure, your keen eyes will unearth the hidden gems of Panna. I wish you soon land up in Panna, I for one, will be waiting with bated breath for that to happen.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post

Knowingly or unknowingly, each of your travelogues, IMHO, comes up with a personality. The Kalimpong one reflected the Monsoon mood so well that it made me feel "Yes, I want to be there, right then." And this one, typical of what a Pujo vacation should be has that crisp, freshness in every line and photograph - with you team of co-travellers , the ladies dressing up for Ashtami, in the blue skies, along with some kash phools thrown in between.
Such a poignant description of the trip Sayak, that only you could come up with. Some experiences are hard to describe and the Ashtami pujo description is something that is inherent part of many of us.

Regarding the food part, having by now bred on Calcutta Biryani, the Lucknow counterpart somehow paled in comparison as per the compatriots, you would probably guess the bias anyways.

I can well imagine the memories you have of the school days excursions. Those experiences are hard to replicate and stay for the life. Will try the fish curry next time, since I couldn’t find any on this trip.

Thanks again for the good words, you are always so magnanimous.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD2021 View Post
Lovely travelogue. Like your simple but engaging style of writing, touching every aspect of the trip...the journey, the food, accommodation etc. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the acknowledgment UD20121 !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
Excellent thread with great photos. Really liked the hidden gems of Mitaoli, Padavali and the Bateshwar group of temples. Have seen the well-preserved chausath yogini temple at hirapur but was not aware of this one. Thanks for the information and detailed trip.
Thanks sukhbirST, yes, Mitaoli and Bateshwar group of temples are beautiful. It’s a pity that not many people know about it. Regardless, I hope it changes and people see what our history looks like.

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 22:26   #33
BHPian

Was dipped in ancient history because of your in-depth narration. It will surely help to visit the destinations with this travelogue as a guide. Stunning photographs, especially the architectures. Though not visited this place but will keep it on my checklist. Your suggestion on accommodations is brilliant.
Travelmania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 23:26   #34
BHPian

That is one extensive TL! fantastic pictures and massive areas covered. Love your Ecosport, and sorry that I never admired your tyres before.
This one will be a good reference when visiting this part of the country.
Thanks alot for sharing this.
shourya_lahiri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:12   #35
BHPian

Wow. That was truly an amazing travelogue, complete with some amazing pictures and succinct narration. Thank you for sharing and detailing all the places you stayed in.
Only on reading these, we realise that we have so many architectural and cultural treasures in Bharat and it is good to see people like yourself and your friends making an effort to visit these places. The downside is that some of these places are not maintained or restored as they ought to be.
I guess we better travel and experience these before they disappear and fall victim to the ravages of time.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 11:04   #36
BHPian

Wonderful ABHI, what a way to narrate. Apart from enticing the wider audience of TBHP this TL will act as a ready trip down the memory lane for the families which went along. I took 2 days to thoroughly complete the entire account.

Forts can be so boring, but if clubbed with the right historical pretext they can be such thrilling and engaging to behold, which is exactly what you have shown on your account and shows your research.

The photographs were also excellent. On a related note this time we had stayed for one night at Satkar hotel of Varanasi. Food was actually quite good.

The Prayagraj-Raebareli strech did have the nasty potholes during our onward journey, but while returning around end of October they were all patched up properly, hence it is as new again and safe to cruise along without worrying.

Once again thank you for the wonderful visual narration and taking us to MP alongwith you. Rated 5 stars.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 15:37   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelmania View Post
Was dipped in ancient history because of your in-depth narration. It will surely help to visit the destinations with this travelogue as a guide. Stunning photographs, especially the architectures. Though not visited this place but will keep it on my checklist. Your suggestion on accommodations is brilliant.
Thanks for the good words Travelmania, I am pretty sure you will like the places very much. Will be waiting for your next sojourn and to hear from you,

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shourya_lahiri View Post
That is one extensive TL! fantastic pictures and massive areas covered. Love your Ecosport, and sorry that I never admired your tyres before.
This one will be a good reference when visiting this part of the country.
Thanks alot for sharing this.
Thanks Shourya, you are probably the only one I know who could take a good look at the spare wheel of a vehicle that seriously. It was indeed nice to visit that part of MP, would love to go again. Hope you are doing on good, your Newton (Ford Figo 1.5) waits for your return from the seas,

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Only on reading these, we realise that we have so many architectural and cultural treasures in Bharat and it is good to see people like yourself and your friends making an effort to visit these places. The downside is that some of these places are not maintained or restored as they ought to be.
I guess we better travel and experience these before they disappear and fall victim to the ravages of time.
Thanks alphadog, the architectural treasure that India holds as a country is simply astounding. We must act and preserve the treasure before it all goes awry.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Wonderful ABHI, what a way to narrate. Apart from enticing the wider audience of TBHP this TL will act as a ready trip down the memory lane for the families which went along. I took 2 days to thoroughly complete the entire account.

The photographs were also excellent. On a related note this time we had stayed for one night at Satkar hotel of Varanasi. Food was actually quite good.
Appreciate your good words Saikat as always. That you took time out to read this after coming back from a humongous travel makes me happy. I will now wait for your log of the fantastic travel that you had.

Regarding, Satkar experience, it’s good to know that you stayed there. Opens up one more option on that road for travellers. And thanks for the road update of Raibareli- Allahabad stretch, great that it has been patched up.

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 17:40   #38
BHPian

Abhi-bhai,
Recently visited north Bundelkhand. This was our 3rd attempt, we had to cancel the booking twice.

Visited Orchha-Jhansi-Gwalior-Mitaoli & Padavli-Agra-Fatehpur Sikri-Chanderi via NAG from BLR.

Many thanks for your blog, it was inspiring and informative.
God speed!
scorched_earth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 19:49   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorched_earth View Post
Abhi-bhai,
Recently visited north Bundelkhand. This was our 3rd attempt, we had to cancel the booking twice.

Visited Orchha-Jhansi-Gwalior-Mitaoli & Padavli-Agra-Fatehpur Sikri-Chanderi via NAG from BLR.
Dear Sir, glad that my log could be of some help to you. Do write about your experiences, it's always wonderful to see and read things from a different perspective. Keep travelling,

Regards,
Abhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks