Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 00:44   #31
BHPian

Re: Safarnama | An unforgettable road-trip to Ladakh in a Tata Nexon

Congratulations Sujoy76 for accomplishing this amazing feat ! This seems like the adventure of a lifetime ! Kudos to you for sharing such a treasure trove of information on a place that is often referred to as the ‘dream destination’ for many. I travelled along a similar route in July and it felt really nice to relive all those memories. The pictures look stunning and I am sure you have plenty of ‘wallpaper’ content saved up for the immediate future (till your next trip!). The Nexon looks perfectly at home in such terrains. Thanks a ton for taking us on a superb drive to the land of the high passes ! Keep on revving!
turboNath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:41   #32

Great thread, contrary to what you think you have a natural flair for narration. Guess am still not there with the courage required to achieve something like this so happy to go through the expereinces like yours!

Can you please share the price you paid for the Farad cross bars and the box?

Thanks
mechadios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 11:58   #33
BHPian

Wow, what a lovely travelogue. It's like a dream trip for anyone who wants to visit Leh/Ladakh. And, kudos to your efforts to put it down in words with beautiful pictures.
Thanks for sharing.
ketan007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 12:14   #34
BHPian

Amazing trip Sujoy and equally excellent storytelling! I've spent close to 3 hours reading every word and seeing every picture. Ladakh will always be a special place for me. Your travelogue rekindled the love and memories.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 12:18   #35
BHPian

Lovely Travelogue and with lot of details useful for anyone planning this trip. Hats off to you for doing this and also writing it down with all details. Had a great time reading your travelogue in between work the entire day. The icing on the cake was the new route to Hanle from Chusul!
The nexon looked pretty much at ease in those terrains. Some of your photos are Walpaper material!
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 13:17   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Mammoth travel, astonishing pictures, superlative experience and a travelogue worth its weight in gold. Congratulations on the completion of a drive that still evokes the word- magic. You have articulated your views so wonderfully well Sujoy76, wishing you many such magical travels,

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 15:47   #37
BHPian

Lovely travelogue, and superbly narrated with equally awesome photographs!

For me this trip is waiting to happen since last 2 yrs in my Nexon AMT, but from Bangalore. Had to shun it last time due to covid, but your trip gave me a kick to do it again. Hope it happens soon!

One question related to the car - how much tankful range did your petrol Nexon give in such terrain? Any difficulty in getting fuel along the way while in remote areas?
asethi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 17:50   #38

Wonderful travelogue, well written with some amazing photos in the mix. Being a Nexon owner myself this would be a Dream trip to undertake. Wishes for many more entertaining miles with the Nexon.

It truly is a go-anywhere car.

Quick question, Were these the OEM tyres or did you get them upgraded recently?
vikispeaks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 17:58   #39
BHPian

I kept this as a good read for the weekend but could not resist ! Kudos to take the leap and fulfill your dream road trip. Wonderful travelogue with stunning photos! The enjoyment and content shows in all your smiles. The day by day chronicle gives fellow like me, who are still dreaming, details like route, road condition, stay option etc. Many many thanks.
Mile_Breaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 20:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post
Your TL reads like an adventure novel come to life except that no adventure novel has such amazing pics! I really commend you and your co-travellers on your courage and sense of adventure. You really took the road less travelled multiple times and I daresay this is a trip of a lifetime and it will be really hard to top this (after all what can top crossing Kaksang La?)

Thank you for inspiring us and showing us that this can be done in a 4x2 FWD car (albeit one with high ground clearance). What kind of mileage did you get in the mountains and how much does the Nexon petrol usually give in normal city and highway driving? Did you need to use the reserve stock of petrol that you were carrying?
Thank You for the beautiful words of appreciation. It is really an adventure. Perhaps a lifetime achievement for me. Kaksang La was really an icing on the cake. For the mileage part, i didn't keep track of that but after the total trip the MID displayed 17 KMPL. So practically it should be around 15-15.5 KMPL which I feel is not bad considering the load it was carrying and the terrain it encountered. Yeah I used the reserve stock of petrol at Hanle. I forgot to mention that in the TL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
I liked the ratings given at all places of stay. The beautiful photographs, will keep alive your trip in years to come. How did you plan such a long trip with good places of stay? Can you share rough estimates also?
Thank You. I included the rating part of the hotels so that it becomes helpful to other road trippers to plan their trip. Just wanted to give a rough idea about my experience. I had been planning for this for long time and collected in info about the routes by watching YouTube videos of many road trippers and bikers. Once the route was finalised then stay option was selected by some research work. Well about the rough estimate the trip costed me about 75K. That includes around 25K for petrol which was divided equally between us. My family and the other family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post
Congratulations Sujoy76 for accomplishing this amazing feat ! This seems like the adventure of a lifetime ! Kudos to you for sharing such a treasure trove of information on a place that is often referred to as the ‘dream destination’ for many. I travelled along a similar route in July and it felt really nice to relive all those memories. The pictures look stunning and I am sure you have plenty of ‘wallpaper’ content saved up for the immediate future (till your next trip!). The Nexon looks perfectly at home in such terrains. Thanks a ton for taking us on a superb drive to the land of the high passes ! Keep on revving!
Thank You and to be honest you are an inspiration for me when it comes to photography. I followed you TL and loved the photos we took. It feels
great when my photos are liked. Appreciation from you means a lot to me. may be someday we'll make a trip together and learn the tricks of photography from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechadios View Post
Can you please share the price you paid for the Farad cross bars and the box?

Thanks
Thank You for the appreciation. The cargo box, Cross bar and the cross bar kit costed me 36K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketan007 View Post
Wow, what a lovely travelogue. It's like a dream trip for anyone who wants to visit Leh/Ladakh. And, kudos to your efforts to put it down in words with beautiful pictures.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank You brother. The trip was in the planning stage for long time and who knows about this better than you. I must appreciate the support and encouragement that I receive from you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
Lovely Travelogue and with lot of details useful for anyone planning this trip. Hats off to you for doing this and also writing it down with all details. Had a great time reading your travelogue in between work the entire day. The icing on the cake was the new route to Hanle from Chusul!
The nexon looked pretty much at ease in those terrains. Some of your photos are Walpaper material!
The route from Chusul to Hanle was indeed the best amongst the best and this was the result of a misjudgment. It was never a part of my original plan and it turned out to be an excellent experience for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Mammoth travel, astonishing pictures, superlative experience and a travelogue worth its weight in gold. Congratulations on the completion of a drive that still evokes the word- magic. You have articulated your views so wonderfully well Sujoy76, wishing you many such magical travels,

Regards.
Thank You. Words of appreciation from you means I am successful in narrating my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Lovely travelogue, and superbly narrated with equally awesome photographs!

One question related to the car - how much tankful range did your petrol Nexon give in such terrain? Any difficulty in getting fuel along the way while in remote areas?
Thank You. Well the average ranges anywhere between 15-15.5 KMPL after the whole trip. Till Leh there is no shortage of Petrol Pumps, Nubra also has two petrol pumps operational now, A petrol pump is coming up at Tangste and that should be operational by late this year. Availability of petrol is not an issue till you travel to the remote places. Ladakh is a terribly beautiful place, just plan and get on the road. You'll love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikispeaks View Post
Wonderful travelogue, well written with some amazing photos in the mix. Being a Nexon owner myself this would be a Dream trip to undertake. Wishes for many more entertaining miles with the Nexon.

It truly is a go-anywhere car.

Quick question, Were these the OEM tyres or did you get them upgraded recently?
Nexon is really a go-anywhere car and the good GC gives you the confidence to negotiate bad roads easily. I changed my stock tyres and out in 215/65/R16 AT tyres for the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_Breaker View Post
I kept this as a good read for the weekend but could not resist ! Kudos to take the leap and fulfill your dream road trip. Wonderful travelogue with stunning photos! The enjoyment and content shows in all your smiles. The day by day chronicle gives fellow like me, who are still dreaming, details like route, road condition, stay option etc. Many many thanks.
Thank you for the lovely words of appreciation. I just wanted to share my experience in detail and that's why it took me almost two months to finish this TL. Still I couldn't include many things which I wanted to. I'm happy that you guys are liking it.
Sujoy76 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 00:04   #41
BHPian

Lovely journey full of beautiful sights and adventures on the road. I travelled through Ladakh in 2012. There were 10 of us and we had two local taxis - one Scorpio and one Xylo. One of the group comprising husband, wife and daughter drove via Srinagar so they had their own car. I have about a 1000 photos of the journey. Two of the team were photography buffs and also took around 3 to 4 thousand photographs. We flew into Leh, took two days acclimatisation and then travelled to Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso and Tso Moriri. As it was in mid Sept the weather was cold in these places but not unbearable.

Everywhere there is indescribably beautiful scenery. Your detailed account reminds me of our journey and I find many of the photographs are similar to the ones we took at those locations. I really admire you for going all the way from Kolkata to Leh-Ladakh and back. Thankfully there are still many places you would like to go to again so hope you have another trip.

Looks like your Nexon gave you no trouble at all. If it did then would love to have your experience of getting them attended in remote locations.
ashokabs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 05:21   #42
Team-BHP Support

An amazing travelogue with beautiful pictures that capture the grandness of the Himalayas. Kudos to you and family for undertaking such a grand tour.

I had this idea that you need a car with 4WD or AWD to be able to drive to these places. You have broken that idea. One of my dreams is to drive to the observatory at Hanle and do stargazing and astrophotography. After reading your travelogue, I have started getting some confidence in making such a trip.

Thank you once again for sharing your wonderful journey.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:59   #43
snr
BHPian

Very poetic indeed! I just re-lived our trip to Leh a few years ago but of course, we flew into Leh. Rent a car and had a wonderful time! Thank you for your travelogue!
snr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 17:33   #44
BHPian

What an amazing journey Sujoy. Fortune favors the brave and you were brave enough to undertake such an epic road trip with your family. Your reward...a lifetime of memories. Kudos to your family for being game enough for such an arduous trip.
UD2021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 23:50   #45
BHPian

What a stunner! This is an absolutely breathtaking travelogue, Sujoy! It took me 3 nights to read this epic travelogue of yours. I can literally feel the efforts that you have put up for two months to compose this log. As far as the journey is concerned, undoubtedly, it's a journey of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing the joy of this mega trip with all of us.

With best wishes,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks