Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2021, 11:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Rajasthan in a Jeep Compass

You have awesome writing skills equivalent to your driving skills. Enjoyed every word of your travelogue and those nice pics.. You have guts to do it solo and you enjoyed it more is what it matters!

I recently did nearly the same Rajasthan trip and your travelogue made it live again.
All the best for your future endeavours.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 11:46   #17
BHPian

Awesome Travelogue and a wonderful read. Some of the pics are breath-taking. It didn't appear anywhere as it is your first blog. Kudos!

The itinerary with a mix of solo drives and then group exploration is probably the a good balanced combination. Its a good idea for me to explore joining such groups one trip sometime in future.

I did a Rajasthan trip, around similar time as yours, from 20th Nov (landing in Jaipur before noon) to 29th Nov (reaching Bangalore from Udaipur close to midnight). Spent 2 days in Jaipur and 2 days in Udaipur and in between is a family time for my sisters wedding. It included close to 1000km drives as well so can concur your statement about good road network. Exploring the rest of the Rajasthan is still an entry in bucket list for future. Your itinerary and the stays is a good reference for future. Thanks for sharing.

I am now itching to go for another solo drive during Christmas to Newyear week (7-9 days to explore). Puri, Konark and Chilka are on the top of the list as of now but still thinking of many other options, keeping fingers crossed.

keep sharing your adventures!
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 12:10   #18
BHPian

Amazing and inspiring travelogue! It's my dream to drive from KA to RJ also. May be one day.
The pictures are amazing and you have highlighted seemingly small things very well, they actually make a trip memorable and a pleasure (like road side stalls, connecting with locals etc.)
Though I have been to Jaisalmer once, I think I need to go there again as I have missed many attractions there it seems. And of course, southern RJ is highlighted very well via pictures, where I have never been but hope to cover one day.
Again, a great travelogue!
OffRoadFun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 13:57   #19
BHPian

Good travelogue , thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
I will probably use this as a guide, when we plan our own Rajasthan expedition soon.

Quick question about the highway manners of the Jeep compass, how did you find the overall drivability and the fatigue factor?

Asking because, we're planning this massive drive as well in a friend's Jeep compass.

Last edited by 1985Darkkid85 : 18th December 2021 at 13:58.
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 14:10   #20
BHPian

Absolutely delightful. Hopefully this will encourage my wife as well.
abtyagi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 14:44   #21
BHPian

Excellent read on a weekend morning. And pictures are lovely as well. You've a wonderful car and i like how you include the car in the pics.

It is travelogues like this from fellow BHPians that motivate to get moving whenever there is an opportunity.
vijaykr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 15:40   #22

Fantastic,well narrated and documented journey. Thanks for sharing this travelogue. This has kindled my interest to visit Rajasthan and see all the beautiful places. Special thanks for sharing the Longewala photos
sivasiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 17:31   #23
BHPian

Enjoyed reading your travelogue. Well written and to the point makes it interesting to go through the post in a single seating. Thank you. Hope this encourages more girls/women to drive and follow safe practice of reaching destination before sunset.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 17:56   #24
BHPian

Lovely write up with the pictures. This reminds me of the drive I did with my wife and son in our Scorpio from Coimbatore until Sikkim and back. It was an eventful 7500 kms round trip. Unfortunately, I did not take enough pictures during the trip - was busy driving then

Hope to restart touring real soon - this time with a new steed.
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 18:35   #25
BHPian

WOW! ... Lovely pictures and travelogue. In fact, the pictures do a lot of talking
Enjoyed the last 5 min video which sums up everything you enjoyed in this trip. Waiting for more such blogs...
kiran_aithal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 21:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Awesome travelogue, Ms. Roy

Not many a people out there who do such cross-country solo trips, certainly not for the faint-hearted!

Keep them great adventures coming over yonder, inspiring stuff.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 21:25   #27
BHPian

Another legendary trip which sets new benchmark in driving solo and seeing places full of history and valour. A big thank you for the photos and details. Makes planning drives easier and memorable .
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 00:18   #28
BHPian

For those of us who love 9gag, there's a saying 'There are no ladies on 9gag'. I thought it applied to our forum too.

Glad to know someone out there is breaking the stereotype and how! Congrats Shikha on your journey and happy to know that my city was part of your route, makes me feel like I was part of the travelling too.

Uploading quality pictures of your journey makes it easy to skim through the written data and it is in fact becoming the standard now-a-days in our forum.

Great pics, great journey! Wish you many more safe miles. Thumbs up.

P.S.: That abode in sugarcane field gives me 'The last house on the left' vibes. It look secluded and is scary to be honest.
Excommunicado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 04:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Must admit that this felt like a unique one of a kind travelogue especially the solo cross country part.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 08:14   #30
BHPian

Read the entire blog in one go. Not just the story you have added lot of details on distance, route information etc which will be helpful for anyone else. Liked your writing style. Wishing you more smiles while you continue to explore newer territories.
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks