Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2021, 10:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Rajasthan in a Jeep Compass

I have frequented most of the highway stretches that you traveled, those are really good numbers to cover within 12 hours each day, the jeep does seem to be a potent vehicle.
Would you mind sharing the financial implication of your expedition in rajasthan, Thanks
Dark water is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 11:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post

And another amazing log here - I am hoping your hubby will NOT be considering retirement from writing now

Wish you many more happy (s)miles on your grey goose!
Thanks AB for your kind words. I will ensure he continues writing, provided he gets access to the steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAndArk View Post
IIRC had already read about some of your road trips, courtesy posts from your husband here

Finally, welcome to the forum and looking forward to meet in person sometime at a Bangalore TBHP meet-up!
Thanks! Yes, many of them were posted from husband's account, until I decided to create my own login. Would love to catch up with all on some meet soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboOnTarmac View Post
I am now itching to go for another solo drive during Christmas to Newyear week (7-9 days to explore). Puri, Konark and Chilka are on the top of the list as of now but still thinking of many other options, keeping fingers crossed.

keep sharing your adventures!
Thanks for your kind words. Puri, konark, chilka is an awesome stretch, you are gonna love it this time of the year. I have covered it couple of times, last one was Dec 2020. Don't miss the drive along Puri-Konark marine drive and a sunset at Chandrabhaga beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Good travelogue , thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
I will probably use this as a guide, when we plan our own Rajasthan expedition soon.

Quick question about the highway manners of the Jeep compass, how did you find the overall drivability and the fatigue factor?

Asking because, we're planning this massive drive as well in a friend's Jeep compass.
Thanks. Am sure you gonna love it. Do reach out if you need further clarifications on route/places.

Jeep Compass on highway is a bliss, you get a planted drive and the car also glides through uneven roads and potholes easily.
All through my RJ trip, and even in our Spiti trip, we never felt fatigued except one day. If you have read the previous blog, the last stretch from kaza - Manali was non existent road for almost 8-9 hours. That's the only 1 day in past 1 year I can recollect

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtyagi View Post
Absolutely delightful. Hopefully this will encourage my wife as well.
Thank you and good luck. Incase, the blog doesn't help, would love to take her on a drive to give her a feel of how fun it can be. And I assure you, you will find your car missing from garage pretty often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Enjoyed reading your travelogue. Well written and to the point makes it interesting to go through the post in a single seating. Thank you. Hope this encourages more girls/women to drive and follow safe practice of reaching destination before sunset.
Thanks! Yes, safety is still the most important concern for single women on roads, considering we still have shortage of decent facilities on major stretch of highways throughout the country.
I follow a very disciplined schedule of starting early morning each day, and reach my destination hotel no later than 5pm. Also I try to maintain a low profile even on highways and hotels/localities where I check in for the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excommunicado View Post
P.S.: That abode in sugarcane field gives me 'The last house on the left' vibes. It look secluded and is scary to be honest.
Thanks! Haha, I agree the room looks scary in the picture taken late evening. However the resort is well fenced and very safe. The whole idea is to coexist with nature, away from the city noise.
shikha_roy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 11:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikha_roy View Post
The return from Udaipur to Bangalore

With this comes an end to my first trip to Rajasthan. While sorting content for this blog, I relived the moments of those 2 weeks. Shortlisting from the 100's of videos and pictures, sharing one after the other stories with hubby (knowing he isn't listening to half of it ), making him jealous with the videos of our drive in sand and the fun he missed, sharing the small, interesting facts I heard from locals, am loving it all.

The hangover of such trips stay much longer than the actual trip duration.

Until we meet again, Stay healthy. Drive safe. Khamma Ghanni

Shikha
https://Youtu.be/Hv0H1uonyLg
Great to see fellow BHPians are enjoying your travelogue. Though I missed this trip, I was virtually with you throughout the drive giving an ear (sometimes half ) when you were driving. Like others, I enjoyed every bit of it through the breathtaking captures and beautiful narrative. Rating this thread 5 stars and wish many more to come.

Cheers !!
livetodrive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 11:51   #34
BHPian

Excellent travelogue Shikha. Added this circuit to my bucket list after reading your blog
pd1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 13:15   #35
BHPian

I would like to go on a mammoth drive from Bengaluru soon. I have a JC (not a 4X4). I believe Beyond Xpedition trips would need one.

I would love to go in a group or with like minded folks. I have a family with a toddler. Let me know if there are any groups where I can find similar people.
abhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 17:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

I had read the Spiti log and that was epic, this one just goes one up. Excellent one.

Reminded me of my drive at Rajasthan in 2016. I see that there are so many more places to explore and I need to go soon.

Thanks for this. Cheers.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 12:36   #37
BHPian

Always a delight to read travel vlogs. Very nice writeup and great pictures.. keep travelling, keep writing
deepakdsz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 15:27   #38

Lovely post, i literally drove with you all the way from Bangalore to Rajasthan! Photographs and videos added to the fun. You sure had a blast with your JEEP and enjoyed using 4X4 too!!!
sunil thomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 15:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
I would like to go on a mammoth drive from Bengaluru soon. I have a JC (not a 4X4). I believe Beyond Xpedition trips would need one.

I would love to go in a group or with like minded folks. I have a family with a toddler. Let me know if there are any groups where I can find similar people.
Hi. Thanks. 4*4 is not a mandate for such trips, though it depends on the terrain. For the entire RJ trip, I used 4*4 mode only when driving on sand. I know couple of groups who organize such expeditions in various locations throughout the year. You can join other cars also driving from Blore/nearby, incase you don't wish to drive alone. Feel free to PM me

Shikha
shikha_roy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 15:39   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on completing this leg as well, it's been very well articulated and great pics to boot as well!!

Wishing you many more happy and safe trips in near future, keep them coming.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 17:31   #41
BHPian

Congratulations on completing such a long solo drive >=6000 kms. Rajasthan has been on my bucket list from pre COVID-19 times, but yet to materialize. Hope to do such a long leg soon.
RaviKBobba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 13:12   #42
BHPian

I am thrilled with this travelogue on so many counts. First, an exceptional travel story!

Secondly, this coming from a fellow woman driver is inspiring. With only 11 percent of drivers being women in India, these are inspiring stories for people. I am going to share this story outside of here as well.

Thirdly, the blog is so well crafted making it for a delightful read with pictures doing the storytelling.

Fourthly, where do they make husbands like yours in India? He needs to be cheered too!
DogNDamsel12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 21:45   #43

Wow Shikhaji what a detailed and lovely travelogue... You kept it really engaging by the amazing pics, videos, food pics and all the experiences... Almost felt like we are a part of the trip
Thanks for sharing 🙂🙂
kiran_borra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 00:00   #44

Having served in Rajasthan, while in the IAF, I have been to all these places multiple times. Reading your beautiful travelogue brought back some memories, thank you ! Your pictures and the video that was uploaded are as good as any professionally shot shows on TV ! The idea of a solo road trip and meeting up new people along is what I found enticing and inspiring.
shivaru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 21:19   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikha_roy View Post
Hello BHPians, Welcome to my first Blog!
Welcome to teambhp again .

Excellent travelogue with awesome pics and some nice video clippings. I loved reading it and it was like a virtual tour. It was nice that you shared the historical details of the places that you visited.

Good that you took a different route during the return. Drives like these helps us to taste different delicacies across different regions.

Looking forward for your next travelogue
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks