Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 09:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alind View Post
Hi,

What do you suggest the preferred car should be to travel from Jaipur to Kausani, Tata Safari 2.2 VTT (done 28000 KM) or Hyundai i10 Automatic (done only 3000 KM)?

Thanks,
Alind
That' a no brainer. Safari.
Old 15th June 2010, 23:43   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil on Wheels View Post
That' a no brainer. Safari.

hey buddy I went to kausani in 2007, I kept my base at Ranikhet,I stayed at army cottages at Ranikhet along with my col. friend the cottages came dirt cheap around Rs.350/- a night (that also paid by my pally) and had a sit out with a beautifully maintained lawn, verrandah, bedroom, sitting room, diningroom and a kitchen. As for track to kausani it was not too treachourous and i dont think u need a 4*4 for tha, if I cld do it in my esteem I am dead sure it is fairly manageable in i10 happy journey,
go in i10 at times safari might b tiring b' cause of hairpin bends. Btw I am also frm jaipur and did jaipur to Ranikhet in 11 hrs thru ramnagar and bhowali
Old 17th June 2010, 16:16   #33

Thanks for the info, looking at the long journey and more space in Safari specially with two boys I think I will take Safar, personally I would have preferred i10 as its more manageable and with Automatic its more easy for driving. We are planning to take the route from Agra (new wonderful highway), Bharatpur, Aligarh, Chandausi, Muradabad, Kathgodam and then to Kausani, what do you suggest about this route? How are roads in Uttarankhand are they better then UP?

Also I head that there is no electricity after 9 in Kausani, is it true?

11 Hours is definitely a impressive time...

Looking forward to your comments, planning to leave this saturday.

Thanks,
Alind

p.s. its great to know that your too are from Jaipur
Old 12th June 2014, 14:00   #34
BHPian

Re: Ranikhet and Kausani, 1000kms 3 days!

I am planning a 2N/3D trip to ranikhet & muketshwar.

Which route should I take from Delhi to Ranikhet? I will be leaving at 5 in the morning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks