Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 05:13   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Road Trip to Assam, Arunachal and Meghalaya in a BMW 330i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
This is an excellent travelogue coach. Enjoyed the short lines and pictures along. When are you travelling next?
Thank you so much for the kind words kraft.wagen! The next long drive would be towards the end of the year. Will stick to shorter drives till then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
I started reading this travelogue with very high expectations (post Dr AD’s prelude) and I must say they have been surpassed.
Am also impressed with how you and Megazoid managed to stick together all the way from Assam through Meghalaya, Siliguri and back to Bangalore in separate cars...

I must say I had never heard of Mirzapur before the Amazon Prime show - and I must admire your courage to take a 3GT there (assuming you have seen that serial)...
Thank you so much for the kind words Hayek. I and Megazoid stuck to constant cruising speeds between 90 and 110 on the highways and between 60 and 80 depending on traffic in 2 lane roads. With this it was easy to keep the other in view. There were times when we would lose each other due to heavy traffic. At those times we usually regrouped at a tea stop or fuel stop. It was a great experience driving together for this long a distance.

Many of my friends had made this comment about Mirzapur. Thankfully, I had not not seen this serial. Had I seen it, I may have planned some other halt. But the town was like any other town that I passed through during this travel. I think serials and films do over-dramatize and for someone who has not experienced a place in reality, it may create a very bad impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarLover View Post
Reading your post was like a part 2 of a film that was directed and well crafted by 2 directors of a film

Your drive with the beemer has given me the confidence that I can take up this trip with my Octavia and a visit to Northeast India will definitely be a bucket list.
Thank you for the kind words TheCarLover. I am sure you will be able to do long drives with the Octavia too. And maybe someday we get to meet and drive together.
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 10:29   #47

Wow, just wow! I usually say what a beautifully written travelogue but this time I am going to say what a beautiful illustration (with pictures, though) of your journey. Not that it is not beautifully written

I am totally in love with your car and all the places you have been to, on this trip. I hope I can do this circuit in an equally beautiful car.

Thank you for sharing this, feels like I have been to all the places you have visited.
Karthik R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:57   #48
snr
BHPian

Kudos to you and your friends! Looks like a fun trip especially in a BMW! The car looks so good. Noob question, did the car have any issues with bad roads? Car looks quite low on ground clearance!
snr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 15:45   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik R View Post
Wow, just wow! I usually say what a beautifully written travelogue but this time I am going to say what a beautiful illustration (with pictures, though) of your journey. Not that it is not beautifully written
Thank you so much for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snr View Post
Kudos to you and your friends! Looks like a fun trip especially in a BMW! The car looks so good. Noob question, did the car have any issues with bad roads? Car looks quite low on ground clearance!
Thank you so much for the kind words. The car did very well on bad roads. I did not have any issues with ground clearance. Had to be a little more careful in negotiating big craters and potholes.
graaja is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 15:59   #50
snr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

Thank you so much for the kind words. The car did very well on bad roads. I did not have any issues with ground clearance. Had to be a little more careful in negotiating big craters and potholes.
That sounds good! Glad you guys had fun!
snr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 17:54   #51
SDO

Beautiful trip with some good pals and a lifetime of memories for you all. So refreshing to see the happy faces, destinations, food, sceneries and the steeds. Wonderful travelogue. Thanks for sharing with us.
SDO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 18:07   #52
BHPian

What an amazing travelogue!! @Graaja @Megazoid @Dr.AD, you guys have created one more memorable experience, not just for yourselves, but to we readers too. In addition to the vast information that you have/ are given/ing to travellers , you are instilling in many of us "travel mania". Many, like me, would be feeling envious of the experience that you all must have created & enjoyed.
May you all keep the fire for travel in you burning always!
Cheers
Krish
emmenhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 19:49   #53
BHPian

Lovely write up sir. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I enjoyed reading it and even shared the link with my family; added a note stating that this is not a normal travelogue that is filled with pictures but brings out the real reason behind people undertaking road trips.

The best part of such trips is the in-numerable memories they create which serve as great conversations many years down the road.

Wish you many more such trips,
stay safe.
Cheers!
jomson13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 20:49   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDO View Post
Beautiful trip with some good pals and a lifetime of memories for you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmenhr View Post
What an amazing travelogue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
Lovely write up sir. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I enjoyed reading it and even shared the link with my family; added a note stating that this is not a normal travelogue that is filled with pictures but brings out the real reason behind people undertaking road trips.
Thank you so much for the kind words. Hope your family likes it too
Old 21st January 2022, 12:30   #55
BHPian

That is one road trip to rememeber for a lifetime and a half! Excellent pics and short decriptions made the read enjoyable, Coach. Hope to do one such memorable trip someday in my future too. And your thread will be the go to for my check list. Thank you for taking us along this wonderful cross country Drivealogue!
Doc_nikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 20:49   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
That is one road trip to rememeber for a lifetime and a half! Excellent pics and short decriptions made the read enjoyable, Coach. Hope to do one such memorable trip someday in my future too. And your thread will be the go to for my check list. Thank you for taking us along this wonderful cross country Drivealogue!
Thank you so much for the kind words Doc

I am sure you will do many such trips soon. If possible I will also join you.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 23:45   #57
BHPian

Quote:
The easier part is writing about the destinations which can be done with facts and pictures. The difficult part is expressing the experience of the journey. I will try to cover both in this travelogue.
That's very well said, graaja! Thank you very much for penning down such a wonderful travelogue. Your journey from one-end to another-end of our country is beautifully captured through your pictures and your words both. Keep traveling and keep posting.

With best wishes,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 05:47   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
That's very well said, graaja! Thank you very much for penning down such a wonderful travelogue. Your journey from one-end to another-end of our country is beautifully captured through your pictures and your words both. Keep traveling and keep posting.

With best wishes,
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 13:53   #59
BHPian

Re: The People

Quote:

A pleasant meet with a fellow TBHPian:
When we were having our dinner in the Sohra resort (this was the only resort we stayed of the 8 days in Meghalaya), a gentleman came and asked if I was graaja. ...
Graaja, It was a pleasure meeting you and Megazoid at Sohra. Beautiful Travelogue and how well written. And what a chance encounter. Never thought I would be meeting a Tbhpian at such a far off location. Made the trip more memorable. Hope to see you again sometime soon!!!

Last edited by frewper : 25th January 2022 at 13:54.
frewper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 14:54   #60
Team-BHP Support

Re: The People

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewper View Post
Graaja, It was a pleasure meeting you and Megazoid at Sohra. Beautiful Travelogue and how well written. And what a chance encounter. Never thought I would be meeting a Tbhpian at such a far off location. Made the trip more memorable. Hope to see you again sometime soon!!!

And thank you so much for responding here. It was indeed a pleasant encounter meeting you in Sohra and I will remember this for life. Hope we get to meet each other some other day in the future in another road trip
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks