Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2022, 06:22   #61
BHPian

Re: Bengaluru to Leh Travelogue | Leh Bhai (Bye) Ladakh | 31 days & 7964 km

Fantastic trip with awesome pics and brilliant write up Vittal, your travelogue has woken up my desire to complete a long pending European road trip this year. Thank you fo the share as it's one of the most detailed travelogue I have come across
vickzkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 10:35   #62
BHPian

Mesmerising. I'm halfway through the blog. After reading I went to drop my son to swimming class, and your car just turned out to be right ahead of me(Coming out of sjr apt). What are the chances !!

Bengaluru to Leh Travelogue | Leh Bhai (Bye) Ladakh | 31 days & 7964 km-img_7420.jpg

I myself have done several Bangalore ->up north. Last year I mistakenly took the Nagpur-Chhindwara->narsinghpur route. It was a big mistake, at least 100kms of the road was washed off in rain. I hope they repaired it now.
This was the state,
Bengaluru to Leh Travelogue | Leh Bhai (Bye) Ladakh | 31 days & 7964 km-img_20200821_113239.jpg
Bengaluru to Leh Travelogue | Leh Bhai (Bye) Ladakh | 31 days & 7964 km-img_20200821_125238.jpg
abtyagi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 13:49   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtyagi View Post
Mesmerising. I'm halfway through the blog. After reading I went to drop my son to swimming class, and your car just turned out to be right ahead of me(Coming out of sjr apt). What are the chances !!
So nice to hear from you and thanks for recognising my XUV! Hopefully we could meet sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post
Fantastic trip with awesome pics and brilliant write up Vittal, your travelogue has woken up my desire to complete a long pending European road trip this year. Thank you fo the share as it's one of the most detailed travelogue I have come across
Definitely do the trip. It will relax us from our monotonous activities and give us a new outlook. I would always encourage trips, be it any number of days you can get off from your work schedule.

I planned once from Birmingham (UK) till Italy, cutting across various countries. Though I had a car when I used to live in Birmingham (UK), I was not too comfortable switching between left hand to right-hand drive and vice-versa. So had to drop this long trip in Europe and was confined within the UK. Been to some good places like Isle-of-White etc.

All the Best for your road trip within Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excommunicado View Post
Very well written Mr. Vittal sir. I can only imagine the combined feeling of exhaustion and excitement throughout this arduous yet beautiful journey!
I am glad you completed it successfully with minor niggles. I'd like to quote Gen-Z here -"Mad respect for you!"
Thank you so much for your comments - specifically your quote on Gen-Z here -"Mad respect for you!"

Great to hear from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu.reddy92 View Post
Hi Sir,

Excellent travelogue, enjoyed going through every part of it.

Being your student in Alliance University, proud and happy to see you here.
Thanks Prabhu, that you enjoyed reading through my travelogue. So nice to hear from you. Hope you are doing good. Wish you all the best in your endeavours.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th April 2022 at 09:37. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts
Old 8th April 2022, 17:41   #64
BHPian

Great travel and greater travelogue; you have earned another PhD. Congratulations on this wonderful trip.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 05:48   #65
BHPian

One of the fellow travellers enquired about AMS as a private message. I am giving below my answer for the benefit of those who are part of Team-BHP.

If you are having a gradual increase in altitude, the effect of AMS will be less or negligible. So the route from Srinagar to Leh is a gradual increase and should be fine.

Knowing about AMS, one could get breathlessness (have difficulty in breathing), cannot walk for long-distance, have a head-spinning (dizziness), vomit, headache, tiredness, nausea, have difficulty sleeping on a bed etc. It depends upon the altitude and might vary from person to person. It is due to less oxygen in high altitude areas.

To avoid AMS, the precautions to take (though are detailed in my travelogue):
a) drink lots of water
b) use ORS (electoral etc) and mix it regularly with water
c) some use Diamox (better consult with your doctor)

- If someone gets AMS, better to take adequate rest and recoup.

- Stopping for 24 hours during the climb (ascent) to allow the body to adjust to the new height, and taking it easy the first 1 to 2 days.

- Do not stay for a longer period of time in the high-altitude areas like Khardung La.
Note: Army runs a first aid centre at Khardung La.

- We faced difficulty sleeping at Pang, so had to take chances as it was night. Better to avoid staying overnight at such places. (We had to take a long route via Manali to Leh rather than Srinagar to Leh and hence the sudden increase of high altitude rather than gradual increase)

- Take a break, take it cool and do not hurry in case of AMS. Enjoy nature. Give sufficient time to acclimatise.

All the best for you Leh, Ladakh trip.
vittal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 11:01   #66
BHPian

Great travelogue which proves that age is no barrier for the committed. Well, it requires a lot of hard work and motivation to travel so far. May the Josh be always be there with you. Thanks for sharing so many photographs with nice description of all the places in your trip.
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 01:21   #67
BHPian

Finally I finished reading this excellent travelogue. Loved all the pictures.
XUV 5OO is one of the perfect vehicles to take you to such terrains.
I must appreciate your preparations for this trip since I did not find anything missing which stuck you for this or that reason ( technical stuff for trip).

Hats off to your enthusiasm for such marathon road trips.

Cheers.
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 09:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

Very inspiring one. Beautiful pictures and right level of details too. I took the journey along with you this morning, while I was reading this.

I hope to drive there again soon.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 16:47   #69
BHPian

Gratifying travelogue. Especially at this age, along with your spouse, it's an achievement. It took me around two days to finish your complete travelogue. While reading every bit of it and looking at the pictures, I felt that I was at the location and feeling every emotion. Just out of curiosity, want to know the odometer reading when you started from Bangalore and how old the beast XUV 500 was?
X-Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 23:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post
At Rohtang, we met a fellow Team-BHPian who came in a nano from Himachal Pradesh. We clicked pictures together to post in the forum.

Attachment 2292902
Accidentally I just stumbled upon this Travelogue to find a mention of me, and my Nano! Thank you Vittal sir, it was fun meeting you there on Rohtang Top.

You guys have amazing memory to pen all this down even after so many months. Wishing you more and more miles and even better memories to share with us fellow BHP-ians.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks