Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2022, 19:59   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: How I walked 7500 km in a year and a half | A Real Bharat Yatra | Kanyakumari to Kashmir

This is the stuff of which epics are made. I can only salute you and your resolve and discipline.
Wish I receive the privilege of meeting you one day. What a phenomenal journey you have shared.
Thank you for opening my eyes in a different way.
Someone will certainly step up and make a film of this epic journey like they did with Bill Bryson’s a Walk in the Woods. Only this is far more serious and you have traversed far more diverse and difficult terrain and circumstances along with a riot of cultures.
With best regards.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 28th November 2022 at 20:00.
shankar.balan is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 20:17   #17
BHPian

re: How I walked 7500 km in a year and a half | A Real Bharat Yatra | Kanyakumari to Kashmir

A good and strong back up is one thing and strong will power & determination, another. First one is provided, second one is self built.
Great efforts and equally great results.
Amrik Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 20:46   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, what a read and I can only imagine the experience you would have had living through it. Would you have changed in the time you walked, you definitely would have, and for better.

Hats off to you, to pull this off, I can only imagine doing this on a bike, and that too I would probably take the shortest route!

Thanks for sharing.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 03:52   #19
BHPian

A rock solid resolution narrated crisply over some best in class street photography, the resulting combination is a nothing short of a salute to your determination. I admire your resolution to undertake and complete this. Thank You for making us vitually part of this not so long ago epic journey. Rated 5 stars.
haisaikat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 06:32   #20
BHPian

Wow what did I just read? Awesome to read this as the first thing in the morning from bed.

Would be interesting to know how many from the original start group managed to complete?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th November 2022 at 11:24.
pandabear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 09:58   #21
BHPian

Re: How I walked 7500 km in a year and a half | A Real Bharat Yatra | Kanyakumari to Kashmir

In this day when travelling by car with access to all modern amenities, people complain. The epic journey you have accomplished and the way it was done, is simply phenomenal. Hats off to you.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 10:21   #22
BHPian

Re: How I walked 7500 km in a year and a half | A Real Bharat Yatra | Kanyakumari to Kashmir

Salute. Respect. Did you say - you did not have good pictures!!!

Road trip just got a whole new meaning.
Naetik30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 10:36   #23
BHPian

Respect. This is one thing only most of us can dream off! Its been couple of years I have been planning a pan india drive, forget even walk. Hats off to your determination, will power and perseverance.
VNair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 10:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
This yatra was conceived as a walk through India to spread harmony amongst the different people and religions we have in this country. Called the "Walk of Hope", the walk envisioned meeting, communing, and living with people across the vast length and breadth of this country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I sacrificed my time. 18 months - a year and a half.

I sacrificed a regular every day income. I quit my job.

I sacrificed most of my material possessions. Since I didn't have a job, I had to sell everything I owned and clear out of my pad.

I sacrificed my comfort. I could only carry what i could fit into a 30 litre backpack.

Sometimes I had to sacrifice my mental well being. Sharing a hole in the ground with 60 other guys in the morning is not my idea of fun.

Many a times, I had to sacrifice my sleep. Sharing a dorm with 60 other guys, most of whom snore is also not my idea of fun.

Most of the time, I had to sacrifice 2 meals a day and only survive on 1.

It took me close to 4 pairs of brand new Nike Shoes to cover this journey.
When you are young, you dream of changing the world. In that quest, some throw stones, some write, some talk, you walked. At the end of such an endeavor, whether the purpose is achieved is debatable but I am sure it changes the person doing it.

I can see that your wanderlust remains the same. Only that your stead has changed from Nike shoes to a KTM. Wishing you all the very best.
srini1785 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 11:18   #25
BHPian

What an amazing experience by just reading it through. Those who have experienced it in real are the firm believer in themselves through and after completing the journey. I have gone through threads where you talked about cars and other stuff but this thread is an awakening one for me as it has enabled you to understand yourself in a totally different dimension with actual joy of life. A big heartfelt congratulations to everyone who participated in this way of life. I did had chance to explore rural and urban culture of India through Armed forces experience but this is the kind of experience one can dream for.
aeroamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 11:39   #26
BHPian

Of all the travelogue I have reviewed, this one is the best one. This is not an easy one, I can see it requires huge amount of efforts & planning. I bow down to the team and those behind the screen who made this great journey happened. This is Bharat! Jai Hind!
Velmurugan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 11:46   #27
BHPian

The Idea of India.

As our forefathers rightly envisioned. Multi cultural. Multi religious. All together under one flag. A fact that many of my foreign friends/colleagues find utterly unbelievable that so many cultures, so many languages and so many religions, all staying together under one nation. A fabric woven so charismatically and so delicately that it must be preserved at all costs.

You sir, have walked the Idea of India.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 11:54   #28
BHPian

Just incredible! Hats off for even thinking about such a journey! Most of us would give up in the conception stage only! Take a bow!
Chinmay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 11:54   #29
BHPian

What an amazing journey and thanks for sharing a glimpse into an adventure that few of us can hope to experience in their lifetime. To do this on foot is probably impossible for most, i really envy you had the opportunity and the guts to undertake it.

The photos are also lovely, and is there any online photo gallery where more photos are available?
PGNarain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 12:08   #30
BHPian

Incredible and Amazing Journey!!! Walking it across requires dedication and determination. Admiration, Respect and Salute.
Slowjet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks