Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 15:38   #46
BHPian

Re: How I walked 7500 km in a year and a half | A Real Bharat Yatra | Kanyakumari to Kashmir

Huge respect sir and hats off to your commitment.

The pictures are not rubbish at all, as you said in the introduction, in fact these are some of the most epic pictures i have ever seen. The innocence on children's face, the daily chores of diverse India and the accommodating smile of people, all have made my day.

Thanks again for penning down your experience and i must say this kind of endeavor is not cup of tea for regular guys.
UD17 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 16:09   #47
BHPian

Re: How I walked 7500 km in a year and a half | A Real Bharat Yatra | Kanyakumari to Kashmir

Oh I salute you.
It takes huge amount of determination and discipline to achieve what you did.we all are so locked up in our jobs/ professions , family commitments and other things that we can't even think to be a part of something like this. Hats off to you, you kicked out of those chains for almost more than an year. You'll never be the same person again. Such endeavours change a person. I salute you again. I wish someday I could do even 10 % of what you did.
sudanmohit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 16:14   #48
BHPian

Absolute respect to you and the people who were willing to take this. I am pretty sure you will be a changed man mentally and physically after this journey. I always wanted to ride this route in bike/cycle, but this is something too great.

Glad that it is documented here before those lovely memories fade. Kudos to you again!
joe angelo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 16:17   #49
BHPian

This travelogue is just mind numbing. The sheer resolve required to walk ~20kms a day for 18 months!!! and walking through the variety that you have so wonderfully described. Stuff of legends. why do you say that the pics are rubbish? most of them are just so charming.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 16:48   #50
BHPian

What a way to explore and experience this country! I do not know and I hardly think that I posses the physical wherewithal or the mental resolve to have undergone a journey such epic proportions. I thoroughly enjoyed reading every bit of it and looking at the pictures. I'm really grateful to you for sharing this with us. It was truly a wonderful and moving read. Thank you so much @Red Liner!
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 17:29   #51
BHPian

@REDLINER - Hats off to you Sir! I salute you! Most of us mere mortals, dream of driving through a portion of India and claim to have bragging rights. This is the stuff dreams are made off. You are the true hero. The sheer physical effort and mental strength required to even contemplate such a journey. Reading this brought tears to my eyes. The world definitely needs more heroes like you. God Bless
Ganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 17:34   #52
BHPian

An epic adventure! Reminds me of Dominique Lapierre's "Once upon a time in the Soviet Union", though he and his photographer buddy drove a car. I sincerely feel that this padyatra needs to be published in the form of a Coffee Table Book. My salutations to you & all the padyatris.
nda992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 19:36   #53
BHPian

Was struggling with a low energy day and trying to run through the to-do list before I could call it a day. And this thread landed right in front of me. Man, what an experience. Something I wouldn’t even dream of attempting. I have no words to appreciate or celebrate what you have accomplished. Walk of Hope. I’m sure it would have been a quite enlightening one at that.

Even from the regular road trips that we do, the chit chat with the locals during the pitstops are always beautiful. I often look forward to these to learn and understand about their way of life! It must have been a treasure of such anecdotes and life lessons through out your journey!

Please write more about those. We are all ears. Your travelogues and experiences from those have always been interesting and entertaining. And a pleasant read. But this one tops it all.

Once again, this looks like an experience of a lifetime not everyone dare to attempt. Take a bow my friend, if I may call you so!
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 19:40   #54

550 different days. 550 problems. Comfort seeking Mind screaming at you countless number of times during the trip. New view everyday. New you everyday. This trip would have introduced yourselves to you. That there are no limits.

Red liner, you are Free now. Enjoy.
Porsche306 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 20:30   #55
BHPian

Goosebumps. Felt as if I was travelling with you on this trip. What commitment and what beautiful pictures. Words cannot describe!
Such a beautiful country we live in and you have captured it so beautifully.
snaseer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 21:00   #56

It is unimaginable for me. Kudos to your resilience and perseverance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Walking through Kerala was fun and interesting. This was early Jan 2014, and the weather was already turning humid, hot, and unpleasant

[/center]
Red Liner, Would it not be Jan 2015?
Unstuck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 21:14   #57
BHPian

A personal question on this experience if you may, How did this journey affect your thinking/attitude/outlook towards everyday life? Did it change? If yes, was it short lived or permanent?
handsofsteel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 21:44   #58
BHPian

You have performed nothing short of a Mahayagna.

There is nothing more to say.

Please do take sometime, scatch up your memories and write other details about this. Anything that you remember, however insignificant it might seem.

Kind regards and best wishes
Capri89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 21:49   #59
BHPian

That's one hell of a journey and I just can't imagine the guts you showed to throw away the Job and go for such an industrious trip with no idea on what is the outcome at the end of it. This is somewhat like "Into the Wild" movie and for sure I feel your close ones would have felt similar feelings when you would have put forward your plan to go for this embarking journey.

Loved your pics and your minimalistic approach in narrating the events. It was like a fast forward timelapse of events.

There is only one thing that comes in my mind after going through this -

"Incredible India !! Incredible People !!"
susheel_kainat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 00:08   #60

Thank you for sharing your journey with us, @Red_Liner

Simply having walked along through your words and photographs, vicariously, brought up many emotions in me, and I cannot truly fathom the magnitude of what you and others on the journey must have felt.
swe.desi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks