Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2023, 10:33   #31
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Hyderabad and back on a Single Tank of Diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
On an average, I usually do a 380 + 380 ( 760) + 2 work days (40*2) = 840 kms on a full tank with still some tank range left.
I do not hyper mile or think of FE while driving.
Its a 2018 Figo Aspire TDCI with 40 litre fuel tank, with speeds at 90-110.
I also have a 2018 Aspire TDCi and I've also never really tried to hypermile this car despite it actually being really efficient. But I've noticed that I could easily manage my usual trips to Trivandrum and back to Calicut (380~ kms one way and around 35-40 kms city driving in Trivandrum) and still not see the fuel warning.

After seeing all of these posts about people posting their tank ranges and stuff, I am wondering how much efficiency I can extract out of this 1.5 if I actually try to hypermile it.

It's interesting to see the sheer difference in efficiency when I compare it to my other car which is a Tiago petrol. Not that I have complaints about it's efficiency, it's pretty efficient for how well built that car is, but 400-500 kms of range vs 800-850 on the Aspire. Compared to a friend's Swift petrol too, which at it's best day maybe gives about 50 odd kms more the Tiago. That's crazy.

And that's not taking into account the performance on offer with the Aspire. This is something we'll sorely miss in the coming years when the anti-diesel sentiment hits full flow. Until proper long range EVs that are also affordable are introduced, there will be a gap that will be filled either with inefficient turbo petrols or boring hybrids.

Last edited by SaiSW : 12th April 2023 at 10:41.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks