Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2023, 18:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Cochin-Bhutan-Cochin | My wife and me on a BMW GSA 1200 | A 6700 km ride to Dragon Country

:-) lovely to read this, and see the photos. We just got back from a trip to Bhutan a few days back. Would have been glorious to ride through Bhutan on a bike. Hats off to your planning and execution.
vinodrkn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 07:36   #17
BHPian

Re: Cochin-Bhutan-Cochin | My wife and me on a BMW GSA 1200 | A 6700 km ride to Dragon Country

Awesome ride!! Congratulations to you and your wife on achieving this feat. Your bike is gorgeous. I am curious though, are the rules of tourism the same as earlier like having the guide with you or its Bhutan's new policy? May be I am forgetting it but I really don't remember other BHPians talking about having a guide while they were on ride to Bhutan.
Old 15th April 2023, 10:25   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangwan View Post
Awesome ride!! Congratulations to you and your wife on achieving this feat. Your bike is gorgeous. I am curious though, are the rules of tourism the same as earlier like having the guide with you or its Bhutan's new policy? May be I am forgetting it but I really don't remember other BHPians talking about having a guide while they were on ride to Bhutan.
Thank you Sangwan. The new entry requirements to Bhutan is in place since September 2022.
Old 16th April 2023, 14:18   #19
BHPian

Excellent writeup !! Kudos for you not to ship the bike to kolkata and then do the ride it's always a pleasure to read about an end to end drive/ride there is a sense of continuity if I have to be more clear about it (at least reaching the target).
masterChief007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 15:17   #20
BHPian

Absolutely amazing. You both must be quite fit to do such a long haul without a bother. Gawking at the distances covered and the planning. Enjoyed reading!
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 17:56   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Absolutely amazing. You both must be quite fit to do such a long haul without a bother. Gawking at the distances covered and the planning. Enjoyed reading!
Yes' Fitness is a major requirement during these long hauls. Especially during summer. Caffeinated drinks and fizzy soft drinks are a big no during the ride. Hydration is by normal water and tender coconut.
genesmotorides is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 20:18   #22
BHPian

What an epic ride! Lucky that your better half is your partner in crime. Loved the pics and the entire travelog, very detailed. Kudos, 2 wheels do move the soul
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 18:41   #23
BHPian

Amazing travelogue and an epic ride! Do the RTO, shops, restaurants accept only cash or card as well? 4500 / night is a large amount of cash to carry around
Old 20th April 2023, 07:50   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAuto1985 View Post
Amazing travelogue and an epic ride! Do the RTO, shops, restaurants accept only cash or card as well? 4500 / night is a large amount of cash to carry around
RTO accepts cash only. The 4500/day for the entire duration has to be paid on the day of entry. High end hotels accept card however an international credit card transcation fee is charged. ( I am not sure on the percentage). Local eateries and souvenir shops accepts cash only.
genesmotorides is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 12:04   #25

Kudos to you both in completing the trip. Bhutan indeed is a beautiful place to visit and your narration and photos did justice to the trip. Any chance the trip to Bhutan from South India be completed in a sedan?
Old 30th April 2023, 08:41   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk45 View Post
Kudos to you both in completing the trip. Bhutan indeed is a beautiful place to visit and your narration and photos did justice to the trip. Any chance the trip to Bhutan from South India be completed in a sedan?
Thankyou. Absolutely, you can do the trip to Bhutan in a sedan too. The roads are well paved except some stretches between calcutta and silliguri where highway expansion works were in progress.
Old 4th May 2023, 13:46   #27
BHPian

What a journey you had and an excellent travelogue. Thanks for sharing the same and it felt as if we travelled with you. I only missed the food you had during this trip and some pics of the same like the dry beef and soup you mentioned having while entering Bhutan, but a pic would have done it more justice.
Old 4th May 2023, 20:45   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhugs View Post
What a journey you had and an excellent travelogue. Thanks for sharing the same and it felt as if we travelled with you. I only missed the food you had during this trip and some pics of the same like the dry beef and soup you mentioned having while entering Bhutan, but a pic would have done it more justice.
Thankyou. Yes' food photos where very less. Shall make it a point to include in the next travelogue
genesmotorides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 13:23   #29
BHPian

Nice travelogue, buddy! Is an Indian passport or voter ID still compulsory for the visa application, or can we use an Aadhar card or driver's license instead?
Old 14th January 2024, 22:16   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Nice travelogue, buddy! Is an Indian passport or voter ID still compulsory for the visa application, or can we use an Aadhar card or driver's license instead?
Hi Raptor_Diwan- sorry for the late reply- As of January 2024 you may enter Bhutan with either a Passport or Voter's ID. Aadhar Car or Driving License will not work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks