Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 14:16   #1
BHPian

Bangalore >Yelagiri>Bangalore...DRIVE

Yelagiri trip (DRIVE)

It was friday and off at work cause of maintainence , So 6 of us (Office colleagues)planned fr a trip , we wanted a destination
between 150 to 200 kms from bangalore.one of my friend(SAM) suggested Yelagiri, its in Tamil nadu and 180kms from CV RAMAN NAGAR.

Friday morning we (One Palio 1.2 and my BAleno 3 members in each car) planned to leave by 6:30 but as always we left the place at 8:15,
i was a little upset with this as we had to cross Electronic city and when we actually reached the Electronic city..
oh its completely packed.. I was upset with everyone fr leaving late.Anyhow we somehow crossed that traffic, and now we were hungry.Time fr Breakfast... we stoped at a local dhaba on hosur road and had our breakfast.
After spending nearly 45 minutes here we started fr our destination, The road was totally traffic free (little bumpy thogh)
And now i started pushing my car.. Man this was the best part of the trip RIVE, its fun. i was doing constantly 140 and some times 160kmh,then we reached to the toll gate wherte we paid 35 bugs fr 24hours ticket,from here on i passed the car to my Friend Gurneet,who was getting bored of sitting,the road after this toll gate was amazing from here at the second flyover we took left (dont get on flyover) this road leads to chennai. The road is ...wide , nice curves ,and smooth (very Good Condition)gurneet was driving on between 140 and 180kmh.The car was very very stable on this speed , SAM was constantly with us ,he pushed that PAlio 1.2 to 170kmh,I was surprised that a 1.2 engine doing so much and completely in control..(FIAT PALIO IS A GREAT CAR) this is exactly what i thought then.

Now we finally reached anothet Toll GAte and after crossing this gate we took left, this is the road towards ELAGIRI ,its a village side road but decent one .
From this left the hill was around 5 to 8 kms we stopped here for some tea,after this we were doing uphills ,this is the first time i was driving uphill,it was fun.
Totally its around 10 to 15 kms of uphill drive. there was a spot inbitween where we stopped our cars and took some snaps,u get a beautiful view from here.
After spending around 1 hour here we reached the top ,there is nothing much here ,its more of a village drive ,we stopped at lake here fr an hour then it was 2pm already.
Time for lunch, there is hotel called Hill view or Hill point, normal meals here we all had our lunch and started back at 3:30.

By the time we reached Electronic city it was 5:30 and from here we reached indira nagar 1:30 hours (7pm),this was the most irritating part of our journey

PICS:Picasa Web Albums - karan - elagiri P01
Picasa Web Albums - karan - elagiri P02

Thats it...

Route:From Bangalore, get on to Hosur Road (NH7) and head towards Krishnagiri. The 4-lane National Highway is excellent and you should make it in less than 2 hours (crazy driving will get you elsewhere). At Krishnagiri, there's a toll-gate manned by the National Highways Authority. Pay your toll and at the second flyover (don't go over the flyover), take the service road towards the left. This road goes to Chennai. Take the left and for the next hour or so (approx. 50 kilometers), drive on NH46. You'll come to another toll-station. Pay and drive for a few minutes till you see Vanni Matriculation Higher Secondary School. Further up you'll see a sign 'Elagiri' (36 kms) indicated by a 'U' turn arrow (careful not to miss this sign) and that you need to keep left, take the 'U' turn, go under the bridge and on to the road towards Thirupathur. That's the road you need to get on to. Drive for about 7 kilometers (you'll see the winding road that leads up to the hills to your left). On the left, you'll see a big sign board 'Tamilnadu Tourism Department Welcomes You'. Turn left at this junction, there's a sign board pointing towards Yelagiri.

Last edited by spider77 : 7th August 2007 at 14:17.
Old 7th August 2007, 14:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice trip and pics there spider.

I realized one thing after travelling to Yelagiri for the t-bhp meet.

BANGALORE is cooler than YELAGIRI .

On a lighter note
Quote:
hen we reached to the toll gate wherte we paid 35 bugs fr 24hours ticket,
We paid in cash .Lucky you .
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2007, 14:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Cool trip dude and nice pics
Old 7th August 2007, 14:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now we finally reached anothet Toll GAte and after crossing this gate we took left, this is the road towards ELAGIRI ,its a village side road but decent one .
I am sure you meant right not left. left would have taken you far away from yelagiri.
Old 7th August 2007, 14:43   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Nice trip and pics there spider.

I realized one thing after travelling to Yelagiri for the t-bhp meet.

BANGALORE is cooler than YELAGIRI .

On a lighter note

We paid in cash .Lucky you .
HAHA
Thanx rjstyle69, for that lighter note i'll go and edit it and pay in cash like you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I am sure you meant right not left. left would have taken you far away from yelagiri.
Ya man you're right. We have to take left first to get out of the highway then we take the immediate right, it's more like a u-turn. I'm getting confused here..

Last edited by aah78 : 8th August 2007 at 02:05. Reason: posts merged and edited for readability
Old 7th August 2007, 15:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider77 View Post
ya man u r right we have to taken leftfirst to get out of the highway then we took the immediate right, its more like a u turn ,Im getting confused here,Thanx
Cant blame you for that. It was confusing for us too and it seemed like after we took the U-turn we were heading back to Bangy .
Old 7th August 2007, 15:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Spider the color of your baleno is uncommon, i mean uncommon in Baleno's. have hardly seen any in this color.
Old 7th August 2007, 15:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Cant blame you for that. It was confusing for us too and it seemed like after we took the U-turn we were heading back to Bangy .
yeah that turn created major confusion.... left from highway & take the U turn.

my question to all bangalorean's ...when is the right time to drive across hellectronic city? is thr always this much of chaos, i ave done yalagery twice both the time we got stuck in major jams entering back
Old 7th August 2007, 15:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Its better on sunday's.
Old 7th August 2007, 16:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild View Post
my question to all bangalorean's ...when is the right time to drive across hellectronic city? is thr always this much of chaos, i ave done yalagery twice both the time we got stuck in major jams entering back
You must be kidding,its like the weather warchild. I have been lucky enough to face traffic jams as early as 4am while driving to Kerala. This was in the Madiwala market area.

I work in e-city and we dont have any right time as such.

Weekdays, ideal time to dodge traffic is before 7am if you driving enroute e-city. I always make it a point to cross bommanahalli and e-city before 7am no matter what.

Evenings on weekdays its chaos all the while.

Weekends are generally ok to drive thru beyond 7am also. But dont take your chances.

spidey sorry to have hijacked your thread.
Old 7th August 2007, 17:08   #11
BHPian

Karan good report and pictures dude. The 170kmh on Sam's Palio is quite an impressive figure. Sam; K&N effect?

Hellcat
Old 7th August 2007, 17:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics dude, I think you paid Rs 38 fo 24 hours at Krishnagiri Tollgate ...

Abhi
Old 7th August 2007, 17:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice trip there, good pics too Spider77,
Quote:
Route:From Bangalore, get on to Hosur Road (NH7) and head towards Krishnagiri. The 4-lane National Highway is excellent and you should make it in less than 2 hours (crazy driving will get you elsewhere).
2 hrs from where to where? Did you reach Yelagiri in two hrs from CV Raman nagar or did you mean 2 hrs from the toll gate?
Old 7th August 2007, 18:34   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Nice trip there, good pics too Spider77,

2 hrs from where to where? Did you reach Yelagiri in two hrs from CV Raman nagar or did you mean 2 hrs from the toll gate?
2 hours, once you hit the highway.
We reached Yelagiri in 2-1/2 hours from CV RAMAN NAGAR, which includes our breakfast and tea stop, say 45 minutes, but we were driving constantly at 140 to 160 and even 180Kmh some times.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th August 2007 at 02:06. Reason: edited for readbility
Old 8th August 2007, 00:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild View Post
is thr always this much of chaos, i ave done yalagery twice both the time we got stuck in major jams entering back
Man, you make it sound as if it is jaggery, i hope you read the road signs on your way.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks