Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Short Trip-Ahmedabad-Shirdi-Ahmedabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION View Post
I got your instructions - they are clear - however unfortunately unable to open the link - server prompt says 'problem opening the page'

Surprising! I am able to open the link - please check if the link is disjointed.

In any case, here is the link pasted here - copy and paste on your browser:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gs1ejhIRlB1blE
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:08   #32
BHPian

Surat-Dhule: 220 kms time 4hrs 30 min as four laning in progress plus lots of railway crossings on gujarat side.
Dhule-malegoan-Shridi :145kms: 2hr 30 min or 3 hrs

Last edited by dave7377 : 23rd December 2011 at 10:10.
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got your instructions -...................

unfortunately unable to open the link - server prompt says 'problem opening the page'

- maybe I can add my two cents to enhance the HVK genius!
Opened OK for me, was very informational to know exact distance and timings.

--Ramky
=====
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Opened OK for me, was very informational to know exact distance and timings.

--Ramky
=====

Hi

Subsequently even I could open the log - maybe having a server problem earlier on!

Old 27th December 2011, 16:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7377 View Post
Surat-Dhule: 220 kms time 4hrs 30 min as four laning in progress plus lots of railway crossings on gujarat side.
Dhule-malegoan-Shridi :145kms: 2hr 30 min or 3 hrs
Hi Dave

In case I do this route crossing Surat Bypass near Hotel Pacific Inn at 10 AM what would be a good stop for food around lunch time on this route - also BPCL pump location on this route for a Normal Petrol Refuel on this route

Cheers

Old 29th December 2011, 10:11   #36
BHPian

the point where you leave Nh-08 and take Nh-06 for Dhule is called Katodara crossing. Take katodara exit under the flyover and turn left and you join Nh-06.
There are a number of petrol pumps, some being of BP. Though i have never filled in any of these as i normally tank up in surat and then only after dhule. So if you tank up in ahmedabad, you dont require to tank before dhule as ahmedabad dhule would be roughly 500kms.
Good stop for lunch would be in Dhule itself as on highway between SUrat and Dhule, there are normal highway restaurants, nothing in paritcual to rave about. A good one in dhule is hotel krishnai on Nh-06. but you have to go a little further after dhule bypass on Nh06 and this hotel is next to civil hospital.Though you'll find lots of hotel in Dhule.

Quote:
Hi Dave

In case I do this route crossing Surat Bypass near Hotel Pacific Inn at 10 AM what would be a good stop for food around lunch time on this route - also BPCL pump location on this route for a Normal Petrol Refuel on this route

Cheers

Old 3rd May 2012, 12:43   #37
BHPian

I am planning to undertake a trip to Shirdi-Shani Shinghnapur from Udaipur. Please suggest the best route, trusted petrol pumps for refuelling and good places for staying & eating as well.
Old 13th June 2013, 15:47   #38
BHPian

I will be doing Ahmedabad to Shirdi this weekend. Please update me on the road condition from ahmedabad to shridi via dhule and good eating places enroute.
Old 26th May 2019, 11:15   #39
BHPian

Ahmedabad to Nashik - Route update

I had planned a family trip from Ahmedabad to Nashik and heard some horror stories about the state of roads from Saputara to Nashik. Apparently a family who traveled recently took around 5 hours to complete to 100+ KM journey.

So a search for a new route began.

Finally decided on the below route.

Ahmedabad to Nashik 553 Kms
Date 20-05-2019 to 24-05-2019
Time taken 9 hours with breaks for breakfast.

Ahmedabad - NE1 - Vadodara bypass (NH 48) - Bharuch bypass (NH 48) - continue on NH 48 past Surat - Turn Left at Palasna Cross Roads onto NH 53 - Stay on NH 53 and continue past Vyara and Songadh - Near Navapur turn right onto the Navapur - Pimpalner Road - From Pimpalner take the road towards Satana - Deola - Ojar and then Nashik.

Note: there are a couple of other routes between Vyara and Nashik, but i thought it was better to stay on NH53 rather than take a route through the villages and ghats.

The roads till the Gujarat border are great and as expected there are a few bad patches the moment you enter Maharashtra, but nothing too serious.

There are a lot of petrol pumps along the route but on the return journey (Nashik to Ahmedabad) most of them were closed early in the morning (till around 7:00 am), so its better to fill up our tank before leaving Nashik on the way back.

Hope this help anyone planning a similar trip. Do let me know if you have any queries and i would be glad to help out if i can.
umang dutt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 11:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Short experience of this route .

Had traveled from Jaisalmer to Shirdi via Ahmedabad.
I was not a member of TBhp that time.

Traveled upto Valsad at Killa Pardi took the turn to Nana Pondha - Peint - Nashik.

The roads upto Kaprada was good.It started deteriorating from here upto Peint.
This was a ghat section and almost took 3.30mins to traverse this small stretch.

Nostalgic just shared.
Old 2nd August 2019, 10:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Travelled from Ankleshwar to Nasik via Chikhali - Khergram - Dharampur - Peinth on 27th July 2019.

Total time from Ankleshwar GIDC to Peth Phata in Panchavati in Nasik: 5 hours 30 minutes including 30 minutes tea break.

Time from Chikhali (after leaving NH8) to Panchavati: 3 hours 50 minutes including the 30 minute tea break.

Road conditions: Good in Gujarat, with occasional potholes or bad patches. Not good in Maharashtra till Peinth. But good news is that new concrete roads are being constructed throughout on MH side. The work is in progeess and in a year or so, the road shall be good.

The tea break was taken at Kaprada.

The route was scenic, full of greenery. Enjoyed the beauty of the nature in the rainy season. It was clean and green with minimal traffic and crowd.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 2nd August 2019 at 10:33.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 17:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Any recent update on Dhule-Navapur-Surat bypass route off late? The last update I could find is a year and half old.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks