Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:16   #46

Varanasi-Coimbatore

Hi all.
A Newbie to the forum.
A little bit of introduction first. I am a final year undergraduate student at IIT (BHU), hailing from the cotton city, Coimbatore.
Recently I found a Yamaha RX135 4speed for sale on OLX. A 2005 model, right before yamaha pulled the plug on the RX series. A well-maintained bike with papers intact at a mouth-watering price. I took the plunge and bought it.
It was Love at first sight! The previous owner had maintained it really well. Even painted it in the RD350 paint scheme!

Since its my first bike, I am have grown really attached to it and have planned to take it home and have it with me forever! (My dad still has his first bike, a 1956 Royal Enfield 350) One day, I stumbled upon this. The NH7 (old numbering) starts from right outside my college's rear gate and goes all the way to Kanyakumari, passing through MP,MH,TS,AP,KA and finally TN!
I got this crazy idea, Why not drive my bike all the way back home once my college ends?

I have did my fair share of kms on two wheels, but usually in my dad's RE. Recently I have started testing my yamaha's endurance by doing 200km-a-day trips and the bike is fantastic. I am planning to slowly start trying 400kms-a-day trips.

I have more than 8 months to plan this cross-country trip from Varanasi to Coimbatore. I am happy with doing some 400kms a day, exploring local cuisine on my way home, taking small detours to see some good places. Kind of a soul-searching journey before I join the corporate world and become one of its cogs.

Any inputs on the routes are welcome.
Has anyone at team-bhp did such a journey on a 2 stroke? Any inputs for improving the bike for the trip?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore – Coimbatore - Bangalore. The road less traveled.-163356419_2_1000x700_yamaharx135new_rev006_1.jpg  

Bangalore – Coimbatore - Bangalore. The road less traveled.-20160810_114027.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks