Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 12:37   #16
BHPian

Excellent travelogues , adc, both ones. Loved the pictures a lot. When do you zip up to North Bengal/Sikkim next?
Old 12th February 2008, 13:14   #17
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Excellent travelogues , adc, both ones. Loved the pictures a lot. When do you zip up to North Bengal/Sikkim next?
Thanks. Well I had West Sikkim [Varsey-Pelling] and the remaining part of North Bengal [Jaldapara and Buxa] planned up in the later half of this year. But then Namdapha Forest and Central Arunachal in December has me all fired up [though finances being the big, big hurdle as of now], will be passing through Siliguri and North bengal though.

Lets see what happens but anyways going up to Siliguri side at least by this year only.
Old 13th February 2008, 08:36   #18
BHPian

Cool adc, we can sure meet up when you are passing bye. Please don't forget.
Old 13th February 2008, 13:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Awesome experience you had.And it was a nice writeup.
Old 14th February 2008, 11:22   #20
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Cool adc, we can sure meet up when you are passing bye. Please don't forget.
Sure, it will be equally good for me to meet you up and looking forward to it as and when it happens. I do spend a day at my cousin sister's house in Pradhan Nagar, Siliguri.
adc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2008, 12:03   #21

Amazing writeup and awesome pictures. I heard about Satkoshia but didnt know that it was so beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 4th March 2008, 18:31   #22
BHPian

Excellent Pictures , Wow! what a dream driving holiday.
Old 7th March 2008, 21:12   #23
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captdey View Post
Excellent Pictures , Wow! what a dream driving holiday.
Thanks, definitely it was. At least Kuldiha is something that can be done over on a weekend from Kolkata, and on the plus side it is still totally so unknown.
Old 10th March 2008, 02:13   #24
BHPian

Great travelogue, I enjoyed reading it and the pics as well. I am a big fan of nature and wildlife. Your travelogue reminded me a lot of some of my own travels (though they were to other countries), but your pictures show me totally different areas than the ones I have seen. Overwhelming! I think I will have to go there myself one day, that's how much I was impressed.
Old 10th March 2008, 22:49   #25
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
Great travelogue, I enjoyed reading it and the pics as well. I am a big fan of nature and wildlife. Your travelogue reminded me a lot of some of my own travels (though they were to other countries), but your pictures show me totally different areas than the ones I have seen. Overwhelming! I think I will have to go there myself one day, that's how much I was impressed.

Thanks, and the best part is that these areas are very less travelled plus we took all the forest roads by the map that were possible, with noone to talk about any restrictions. This is an impossibility with the more known wildlife sanctuaries/parks. This trip will remain as one of my best trips so far.

Also, definitely all of us here would eagerly await some of your own journeys.
Old 11th March 2008, 00:12   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
... plus we took all the forest roads by the map that were possible, with noone to talk about any restrictions. This is an impossibility with the more known wildlife sanctuaries/parks.
And this is what makes this so attractive! To see the real wildlife not just some touristic place. Trust me, I have already added this place to my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Also, definitely all of us here would eagerly await some of your own journeys.
I was actually thinking about it I'll guess there is a good chance I will start writing a bit about them after my holiday to India!
Old 11th March 2008, 01:11   #27
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
And this is what makes this so attractive! To see the real wildlife not just some touristic place.
The interiors of State of Orissa has always been less travelled and will remain so because of its position. These two are best wildlife parks in Orissa:

1. Simlipal Tiger Reserve - totally wild but the big red flag being malaria and thats why still left for me to travel. The malaria is of an unique kind - a intense fever and the victim dies in 2 days, quite a few tourists have perished over here, one of my own relative. Definitely a course of anti-malarial drug before going, but their efficacy has been doubtful.

2. Bhitarkanika - It is a spectacular site of mass congregation of Olive Ridley sea turtles. Exactly right now is the month the turtles are coming up on the shore. Plus mega-sized salt water crocodiles, birds of all hues and colour, and washed up beaches as desolate it can be - with noone around.

Last edited by adc : 11th March 2008 at 01:27.
adc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2008, 12:03   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night, TheOne® asked me to read your travelogue and now I can see why. Thank you. That was lovely.

It seems she now wants to see Orissa's Forests.
Old 11th March 2008, 21:19   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Please don't mind, I took the liberty of slightly correcting this beautiful picture

Name:  picture315if1.jpg
Views: 3304
Size:  36.7 KB

to this.

I personally prefer a little less haze, slightly cooler/bluer picture and I cropped off a little of the sky and increased the contrast.

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-picture315if11.jpg
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2008, 10:10   #30
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Please don't mind, I took the liberty of slightly correcting this beautiful picture
Oh never, in fact it could not have come at a more opportune moment!!!

I am, after getting to know and trying all the functions of S3 IS, have just downloaded the Picasa software 3-4 days back in order to know about the different things that can be done through software - and then move on to learn about the more complex Elements or Photoshop. So I am myself trying out the different settings in Picasa and your editing has just been like a tutorial.

Thanks much

Last edited by adc : 12th March 2008 at 10:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks