Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 11:46   #31
BHPian

Excellent travelogue adc, i would like to share with you one more intresting travelogue i came across one Mr. Jayanth Sharma of wildlifetimes.com.

Wildlife Times - glimpses of our natural world

Wildlife lovers do visit this website, its most of the nature parks / santuaries covered in India!
Old 12th March 2008, 16:12   #32

Awesome ..... We had been to Kanha last April and that was my first encounter with a wildlife sanctuary and we had to take the rickety Gypsy with a forest guard always with you and could not explore on your own and this seems fantastic.

I am waiting to get my Safari (once the change the position of the a/c vent on the roof) so that I can fix a sunroof on it for such trips and I am convinced that I need to go for a 4WD and learn 4WD driving !
Old 13th March 2008, 09:01   #33
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
came across one Mr. Jayanth Sharma of wildlifetimes.com.

Wildlife lovers do visit this website, its most of the nature parks / santuaries covered in India!
Thanks a lot for the website link, really a great wildlife site. Kudos to Mr Sharma.
Old 13th March 2008, 19:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:

Super recommendation! Thanks for the tip.
Old 30th March 2008, 12:54   #35
BHPian

Thank you, If you are really intrested in wildlife in Karnatak you should visit Jungle Lodges in Nagarhole, Bandipur, Kabini, Bhadra etc for an amazing weekend experience.

Pls check the link for details & accomodation
Jungle Lodges & Resorts Eco Holidays

Some more sites on wild life,
Land of Trumpet, Roar, and Song: Wanderings in Wild India
Old 31st March 2008, 21:51   #36
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Good blog this one.

You do seem to be one heck of a wildlife lover, do share some of your stories. Thinking of going to Nagzira, Navegaon, and Tadoba later some time.
Old 27th April 2008, 17:15   #37
BHPian

Great Pictures. Being a man from Orissa I must say that there is a lot of scope for improving tourism in the State;what is lacking is the political will. We only have Puri which has some infrastucture for tourism. Otherwise the other areas are completely ignored.
Old 30th April 2008, 01:20   #38
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
Great Pictures. Being a man from Orissa I must say that there is a lot of scope for improving tourism in the State;what is lacking is the political will. We only have Puri which has some infrastucture for tourism. Otherwise the other areas are completely ignored.
Someone who loves offbeat places will definitely like to travel across Orissa. Like the trip of Daringbadi and Baliguda, we never crossed a single passenger vehicle across the now lost highway of NH217. One of the best places Simlipal will be missed by me because of malaria menace and having seen two of my friends/relatives die within 2 days because of this pecuilarly deadly strain of malaria only found there.

This Sunday-Monday went to Panchalingeshwar. Again went off asking the people over there to a tribal village of Khumkote. Found a sparkling blue lake in the middle of nowhere where I took an impromptu bath.

And it is to be noted that whenever I asked for directions, people have stopped and answered and never felt unsafe to travel to remote areas with wife and a small child.
Attached Thumbnails
Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-nh60.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-nh60-2.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-panchalingeshwar-hills.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-panchalingeshwar.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-panchanlingeshwar-entrace.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-road-panchalingeshwar.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-road-khumkote.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-bush-roading-scars.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-safari-vtttmt.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-terrific-cool-water-khumkote-tank.jpg  

Last edited by adc : 30th April 2008 at 01:26.
Old 30th April 2008, 08:05   #39
adc
Senior - BHPian

Some more pictures of the 1-day tour.
Attached Thumbnails
Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-picture-319.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-picture-365i.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-picture-374.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-picture-398.jpg  

Old 1st May 2008, 13:05   #40
BHPian

Your Daringbadi and Baliguda photos are excellent,
I have been to another Destination " Ushakothi"
near sambalpur, Orissa. it was a night safary , drive
through the jungle with a Forest Guide .I loved it.

Most of Orissa jungle destinations are superb
because they are not over publicised nor
commercialized like other forest destinations
in India.

BTW one of your travelogue I read about Kuldiha,
do you still have the Directions of Forest office
in Balasore where you had booked your FRH,
Can you please pass to me ?

One Suggestion- Could you please title these photographs,
so we will be able to know the names of these exotic
places / Roads.

Cheers
Old 3rd May 2008, 00:52   #41
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captdey View Post
Your Daringbadi and Baliguda photos are excellent

These are the photos of Panchalingeshwar and Khumkote tank. Daringbadi and Baliguda I went in April 2007 and liked it every bit. The forest there is the same continuous one as that of the Ushakothi.

Two videos, going up to the embankment of the Khumkote tank [tied up the S3 IS camera on the bonnet hook] and another one while going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captdey View Post
BTW one of your travelogue I read about Kuldiha,
do you still have the Directions of Forest office
in Balasore where you had booked your FRH,
Can you please pass to me ?

For Kuldiha - 06782-256142/94375 73756 and speak to the head clerk Bhramananda Thatoi. The main forest office is at Balasore at Kuruda on NH6 itself.

Or can go directly to the forest office at Nilagiri [20 km from Balasore from Shergarh Chawk] and make a booking. However in season time, like in winter it is better to book and go. Now it is empty due to summer.

Do let me know if you need the Satkosia details.

And of course wish you best of journey for your Bhutan trip. Have a rough plan on going there this Durga Puja holidays in October.

Last edited by adc : 3rd May 2008 at 01:04.
Old 4th May 2008, 04:55   #42
BHPian

Thanks for Kuldiha Info, Definitely I will ask more in details
before I go to orissa forests. Yeah ! Bhutan Trip is still on,
planned to Start 15th Early Morning from CCU , planned to
take NH 34 / NH31 for upward Journey and NH31/Moregram-
Panagarh/NH2 for Downward,

Cheers
Old 27th January 2010, 20:24   #43
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Two videos, going up to the embankment of the Khumkote tank [tied up the S3 IS camera on the bonnet hook] and another one while going down.

YouTube - Panchalingeshwar Khumkote tank YouTube - Rock Roading Khumkote tank

Since on a updating spree of my past travelogues - Khumkote tank [long long before a zamindar built this tower for hunting when they came down for water] and Panchaligeshwar we visited again for a 2 day short trip last year, but this time around summer time. Heard last time that the elephants come down from the forest on the other side to drink water from the tank - so this summer time trip was done along with a friend of mine. Last time there was enough water in the tank for myself to have impromptu swim!

No elephants came down that day but then it was still a fabulous place to be in around - zero people and great wilderness.
Attached Thumbnails
Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-img_2451.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-img_2453.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-img_2461.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-img_2469.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-img_2487.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-img_2494.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-img_2499.jpg  

Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2-img_2544.jpg  

Last edited by adc : 27th January 2010 at 20:33.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:23   #44
BHPian

hey adc

beautiful writeup and photos!
its fortunate that you updated your log as i am ready to head to orissa on monday.
would you say that it would be a nice ride to go through the same areas on a bullet? would those roads in the park be accessible and allowable by park rules to ride on?
i really have no clue about orissa and want to see its beauty from the bike.
what about any 'bad guys' along the route?
any advice is helpfulthanx
mitch
Old 29th January 2010, 12:01   #45
BHPian

Hey ADC .. you just refresh my memory.
"PANCHALINGESWAR"
Its near my native.
There are many spot to travel in BALASORE.

--Candipur sea (You must know that)
--Remuna "KHIRCHORA GOPINATH" Mandir
--Panchalingeswar
--BaulaGadia Stone Factory(For Stone utensils)
--Nilgiri King Fort
--Nilgiri RADAR Station. (It up in a hill. From there u can view chandipur sea.)
-- Sajana Garha Maa chandi Mandir.
-- Kuldiha Forest.
And many more........

i think you must covered most of them. Great.........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks