Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 12:52   #16
BHPian

That was a nice impromptu(?) trip! I guess your Innova had to refuel couple of times unlike you.

By the way, how did you manage to click a picture of yourself?
Old 12th May 2008, 13:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Good lord, what a trip! And imagine we were all sipping beer a couple of days before your trip, and we had no inkling of your impending trip!
Have fun, Basu. But as Avi said, driving non-stop may not be fun, as one seems to be more focussed on achievement, rather than on relaxation.
But great photos anyway. I wonder how you put the verbiage on the photos.
BTW, the place you passed is 'Berhampur' (Orissa), not 'Behrampur' which is in W.B.
Old 12th May 2008, 13:41   #18
BHPian

basu, fatafati...

bhaloi holo, kichu inspiration pelam to do a DEL-CCU trip non stop

I think it should take he same amount of time...

Kudos to you!!... so how surprised was your family? did you make it before the flight landed?
Old 12th May 2008, 13:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Guru, fatafati drive...Nice pictorial description as well.

You told that you didnt putoff the ignition for 22 hours. How did you take your food and fuel breaks? All on board?

Abhi
Never got to shut of ignition. I just had 4 bottles of water and 1 tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
basu, fatafati...

bhaloi holo, kichu inspiration pelam to do a DEL-CCU trip non stop

I think it should take he same amount of time...

Kudos to you!!... so how surprised was your family? did you make it before the flight landed?
Tumi Parbe. Go for it. But plan plan plan. Be very focussed. Add to the fun it is a serious responsibility.

Highways are war-zones. nobody cares.

Do some dry runs like Del-Jaipur nonstop before this. Build up some endurance before. And know ur car thoroughly.

The sorrow part was that her flight landed at 11 am and I reached much later.
My family was very surprised, they thought I had shifted so were searching for the luggage (household goods) etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
That was a nice impromptu(?) trip! I guess your Innova had to refuel couple of times unlike you.

By the way, how did you manage to click a picture of yourself?
As I said, I clicked all pictures travelling at 100-120 kmph. in 1/500 shutter speed. My picture... easy...point it towards urself and shoot.

Yes I wish Innova had 100 litres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good lord, what a trip! And imagine we were all sipping beer a couple of days before your trip, and we had no inkling of your impending trip!
Have fun, Basu. But as Avi said, driving non-stop may not be fun, as one seems to be more focussed on achievement, rather than on relaxation.
But great photos anyway. I wonder how you put the verbiage on the photos.
BTW, the place you passed is 'Berhampur' (Orissa), not 'Behrampur' which is in W.B.
Nothing happens without motivation. I was feeling so homesick, hence the motivation. So I didnot suffer anyfatigue.

My wife was not with me so less stops and less time and attention towards khartidari. (On the other hand when she is there, its like a cabin crew in my car.)

Day after, I will do CCU-HYD after I drop wifey at Kolkata Airport. (She directly joins her duty at Shamshabad once she lands)

Last edited by Zappo : 12th May 2008 at 14:13. Reason: Contiguous posts merged
btirthankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2008, 14:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Basu, how did innova behave over the journey..overtaking, braking, FE, ride comfort, seating posture etc etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezereo View Post
good work man. how did innova behave all the way.
anyways nice trip and waiting for part II.
The Innova was perrrrrrrrrrrrrfect. It moved like an airship. Power, acceleration, stability, braking, comfort, lights, cornering, overtaking. evvvvvvthin was gr8.

No complaints. Hats off to Toyota for tuning the suspension to such leve of endurance and handling. And the engine with so much torque...u fall in love with the car.

Everyone I know smirks at my decision of havin an Innova. But I know the pleasures.

Once I had a bit of thigh cramp.... and It got ok by slightly changing my posture. Earlier in my Astra, there needed to be someone to always shove a pillow behind my back to counter that cramp. But this car...so much ergonomical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
@btirthankar Great pictures buddy and wow you did 22hrs of driving!! Great dedication buddy. Enjoy the trip and am sure i dont need to tell you that but eat couple of rasagullas from our side that your in Kol
I am carrying back bunchloads of frozen food and pots of sweets.

Last edited by Zappo : 12th May 2008 at 14:25. Reason: Post at one go please. Use the multi-quote button to reply to different people at once. Use Edit in the 1st 20 mins of posting. Contiguous posts merged.
Old 12th May 2008, 15:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post

I am carrying back bunchloads of frozen food and pots of sweets.
Slurp, slurp. Bengali sweets are always my favourite!
But while dry sweets like Sandesh will last, I doubt if Malai Chaps, Kheer Kadam or Cham Cham's will withstand the 22 hour journey.
Old 12th May 2008, 15:31   #22
Team-BHP Support

dude get the petes box the moment you finish your first service. someone like you who drives so much will enjoy in immensely.
Old 12th May 2008, 16:31   #23
BHPian

Loved the pictorial way of showing us the entire trip, specially along with comments
Old 12th May 2008, 18:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
dude get the petes box the moment you finish your first service. someone like you who drives so much will enjoy in immensely.
On any next trip to Mumbai. I will meet u without fail. See the drive and will then decide.
Old 12th May 2008, 18:51   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
On any next trip to Mumbai. I will meet u without fail. See the drive and will then decide.
I am also waiting to feel the performance before deciding on it
Old 12th May 2008, 18:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Loved the pictorial way of showing us the entire trip, specially along with comments
I was in Cal last week only and I was dreaming of this trip even on the flight. The whole earth-trerra lay flat beneath the wings and the clouds. All of that Seemed invincible and challenged me.

Imagining If 700 kmph.... average this plane goes then how will things be when all our highways be completed like the Eisenhower Interstates in USA.

This trip was a mental exercise of some sorts. Here I was pointlessly looking at the white dashes on the road and thought and ideas came to my mind. I found solutions to some of my office issues, I got ideas of caption for the photos I took. Even got the idea of putting text on photos.

Zooming on a lonely concrete-way in the dead of night with only the roar of the engine, I was so detached from the hustle and bustle of life I got a clearer perspective of most things that I generally worry about.
Old 12th May 2008, 20:36   #27
BHPian

Dude! Great trip. But please be careful.... take a break, have something light and carry on.... Empty stomach with just water and tea isn't a good idea. I'm glad u enjoyed ur trip but do take care....!

You mentioned the shutter speed, but can you tell us which cam u have been using.... coz the photos look awesome!
Old 13th May 2008, 06:33   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Dude! Great trip. But please be careful.... take a break, have something light and carry on.... Empty stomach with just water and tea isn't a good idea. I'm glad u enjoyed ur trip but do take care....!

You mentioned the shutter speed, but can you tell us which cam u have been using.... coz the photos look awesome!
I used a Sony DSC H3... Mighty zoom but heavy on the hands.
Attached Thumbnails
[Part 1] HYD-CCU|22 Hours in TOYOTA Innova-h3.jpg  

Old 13th May 2008, 07:32   #29
BHPian

Some More Photoblogging

Some more Photoblogging.
Attached Thumbnails
[Part 1] HYD-CCU|22 Hours in TOYOTA Innova-picture1.jpg  

[Part 1] HYD-CCU|22 Hours in TOYOTA Innova-slide1.jpg  

[Part 1] HYD-CCU|22 Hours in TOYOTA Innova-slide2.jpg  

[Part 1] HYD-CCU|22 Hours in TOYOTA Innova-slide3.jpg  

[Part 1] HYD-CCU|22 Hours in TOYOTA Innova-slide4.jpg  

[Part 1] HYD-CCU|22 Hours in TOYOTA Innova-slide5.jpg  

[Part 1] HYD-CCU|22 Hours in TOYOTA Innova-slide6.jpg  

[Part 1] HYD-CCU|22 Hours in TOYOTA Innova-slide7.jpg  

[Part 1] HYD-CCU|22 Hours in TOYOTA Innova-slide8.jpg  

[Part 1] HYD-CCU|22 Hours in TOYOTA Innova-slide9.jpg  

Old 13th May 2008, 10:47   #30
BHPian

:(

The last couple of pics brought tears to my eyes, I miss cal.

Seriously Cal has a soft corner in my heart, felt good to see the toll bridge of vidyasagar setu, southern avenue...and if not mistaken the gariahat road..

Cal is cal... wonderful drive bro... way to go...what was the mileage you got? and how much did the petrol cost work out to you?

would be helpful for me to know, coz as i said, am planning tooo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks