Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:31   #31
BANNED

Beauuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttiful! WWAH WAH!!!!
Even though it's in my bro in law's backyard, I've never been able to explore this place to it's nook and corner as you've did man! Really good attention to detail.

Waiting for more.
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Even though it's in my bro in law's backyard, I've never been able to explore this place to it's nook and corner as you've did man!
I wouldnt be surprised if its family property, mullah man.
Old 3rd June 2008, 06:41   #33
rippergeo

@kutlee- great pics. brings back fond memories. used to study in mlore
so we used to drive down once a month to bekal in my 2nd and 3rd years

now that the rains have started, the place will look gorgeous.

Old 6th June 2008, 08:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Day 5-> This day had a big journey from Kozhikkode to Kochin to meet my sister and family. The route was via Guruvayoor. We had initially planned for a stop at Guruvayoor for darshan. But rule off since i had to reach Cochin by lunch time. So left Kozhikkode at 9.30 am. Roads were ok kind. Saw a modded padmini on the way. Kepts speeds of about 100-110. No mistakes this time and was band on the correct route. Reached Kunnamkulam and turned to Guruvayoor route instead of taking the Trissur highway. Since i was warned that the trissur route might be bit congested. I had done this particular route, throuhg gvr direct to Cochin) earlier. Road surface is known to be good but roads get really narrow at some places. Anyway took the route and the fuel was running low after last nights top up. I didn't do a full tank since i was not happy with the places i filled . Saw a sign saying fuel station in 500 meters. Slowed a bit and saw an Essar pump. They had some sort of 'Punch Petrol'. Some sort of fruit punch mixed petrol. Phone up a couple of t-bhpians and no one has heard about it. Asked the lady whether it is a high octane prtrol. The lady told yes. I didn't beleive that. Still asked to do full tank. but they didn't accept card. I had only 2000 bucks left with me. So filled up for 1500rs. STarted off. The petrol turned to be (shell) smooth. Damn it. Moved on reached Kakkanad civil station by 12.30 which is a very good time. There wasn't much traffic en route. Waited for half an hour for my sister to come and pick me up. I followed their car reached a hotel. They had written duck and crab as today's specialities. They had normal buffet lunch also. Asked the steward whether they had duck. He said no. But they had karimmen pollicahthu. Ordered that and he came back to say that they give crab also. Then i ordred one crab masala too. This took time. So i didn't start my lunch whilst other had their lunch. Finally my stuff came and i started the lunch. This hotel is one of the few in reachable distance for a decent lunch for the techies in infopark. Cost is just 100 bucks for a buffet. All the mallu lady techies started hopping in for a stomach full of icecreams for the price of a buffet lunch and the hotel removed the icecream from the buffet lunch and have to pay extra for that now. 'kulippichu kochine illathakki'. Mallu style.
Well fininshed the lunch and went to my sisters house for a nap. Follwed their car for some time and did some smoking. Then pulled over so that they could reach us. By this time i had messaged ASHVIN of cochin chapter to arrange for a mini meet.
Thanks to him, he had informed many and as it turned out to be a meet on a working day, i didn't expect many to arrive for the meet.

Some more bakel fort pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0323.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0331.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0334.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0336.jpg  

Last edited by kutlee : 6th June 2008 at 08:36.
Old 6th June 2008, 08:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

A modded padmini somewhere in Kozhikkode.

The hotel in Cochin. It is an old theatre coverted to hotel. So back portion is still having the remains of the theatre..
Attached Thumbnails
Summer blast to Kerala...-0514_092850.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-0514_140716.jpg  

Old 6th June 2008, 09:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
A modded padmini somewhere in Kozhikkode.

The hotel in Cochin. It is an old theatre coverted to hotel. So back portion is still having the remains of the theatre..
Which is this hotel? and where in Cochin?
Old 6th June 2008, 10:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

This hotel is near kakkanad civil station (on the way to Vega land). Royal Residency or something. I don't remember the name exactly. This is the only decent hotel in that area.
Old 6th June 2008, 15:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pictures And Story

Hai Kutlee,

Great pictures and continuing story...... keep them rolling.

I've heard so much about the Bekal fort, but could never make it. After seeing your lovely pictures, I saw the Bekal Fort signages on my way from Mangalore to Calicut, but was hard pressed to reach Calicut by 5 pm so couldn't stop. Will try next time.

Looking forward to your saga....
Old 16th June 2008, 22:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

I left Cochin early morning to my native place in Kayamkulam the next day. Covered the distance in around 1hr 30 mins (about 130kms or so). It is not that fast. But i it used to take more than 2.5 hrs in my Santro. So it is just fabulous feeling to be moving fast always rather than dragging along. I know people who can drive Santro much faster. But somehow i am loving the boost. And the costal factor on the boost added up to the pleasure. The ealy morning chill was adding to the big intercooler. The torque is amazing. I had hard time controlling the speed. (i think i never exceeded 130). The time taken from my house to wifey's house in TVM is reduced by 45 mins (total distance of 100 kms) in the honda.
The next two weeks were usual roaming around in my Village and trip to Trivandrum. I spent a whole week off in an ayurvedic spa. Eventhoug this place is close to my house, i opted to stay in the hospital itself. Just did nothing other than eating, and sleeping and the usual treatement. The place is newly built and we(wifey and i) were the only 'patients'. Very pleasant way of spending a week and a bit of money also. The doctor was very kind and stayed close by.

The last pics are lilly in my pond and yellow chemparathi (i don't know the english name). All the pictures are mobile phone pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Summer blast to Kerala...-0515_094825.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-0515_095059.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-0515_164417.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-0515_164614.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-0517_172950.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-0517_173030.jpg  

Old 18th June 2008, 00:22   #40
Team-BHP Support

nice travelogue and pics... you surely had a blast.
Old 27th June 2008, 09:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

I took the PUC just before i started my travel. This was the first PUC after boosting. Thankfully i am polluting less contrary to my beleif that sligh rich mix might be more polluing. I kept the idling revs at 1k while taking the puc. The first one is after boosting and second one is before boosting.
Attached Thumbnails
Summer blast to Kerala...-0627_080535.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-0627_080544.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks