Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 05:32   #1
BANNED

A wet DRIVE to the Monsoon Wedding! What can I say???

Date: 21, June, 2008.
Time: 08:30pm.
Venue: Take off Zone, Airport, Cochin.

As you all know this was happening the very next day.
A wet DRIVE to the Monsoon Wedding! What can I say???-hydra-invite.jpg
And he has made the post very clear and straightforward. No excuses to make up unless we hurt ourselves on the wet track where the karts were going haywire and drifting like mad.

We decide to sit around chowing and munching up some BDF and colas. First of all it's a wedding invite, so we decide not to discuss much about it on the forum like we do for our drives. We call up a few regular BHPians in our area and find out if anybody is going. We soon come to know that it's only 3 of us and everybody else had some sort of busy thingys to handle on that lazy sunday. One was even attending to a childbirth of some rabbits at his home (I am still wondering why was he soooo interested in that???)

We decide upon Nikkibike's Swift to be the vehicle to carry 3 of us to Coimbatore. Actually we were 4 if you count one person who happens to have some extra growth horizontally!
Wait!! I have a pic of him and his favourite ride few months ago! Let me use this moment to post it.

A wet DRIVE to the Monsoon Wedding! What can I say???-n701155660_310124_5919.jpg
This is what happens when you have a big intake without a proper engine ECU and power management.

Nikkibike is worried about a gift we have to take for this young couple. We get many suggestions like: K&N appollo, Audison amp, ID subwoofer, Hertz 3 way components etc.. Some even suggested a muffler tip. But as it is quiet difficult at that moment to get these things out from Hydra's house, we decide to keep it for a later occassion.
We plan to leave early morning around 6:30am, have breakfast on the way and go directly to the Mantap or call up Coimby BHPians to see if we can meet up at CCD and join together.
Everything decided about the next day's trip and we finish our karting and we reach our homes by 12:00am or so!

Date: 22, June, 2008.
Time: 12:30am.
Venue: Home.

I recieve a PM from JayD informing that he is also ready to come for the MONSOON WEDDING. Woaah!! Our persuasions have worked. We even threated him to keep away from the karts if he ain't coming! LOL!!!
I call him up and he is ready! Ok, See ya in the morning, GoodNight! Click!!

Time: 02:30am.
Venue: Home.

I see that our very own A S H V I N is still online and making some wierd posts on the forum. I send him an sms informing about JayD and ask him to hit the sack! He sms me back with some words which I don't remember now! I ask him to wake me up when he is up and moving and I go off to sleep.

Time: 04:30am.
Venue: BED!!

Alarm wakes me up! It's a SHOCKKER!!! It's been a while I have done that myself.
But before I even realise, I am again snoring away to glory. Somebody wakes me up near 6 am. I am yet to realise who it is! :sad smilie:

Time: 06:00am.
Venue: BED!!

I am woken up again by Nikki announcing that he is already on the road and he is going to pick up Ashvin (spaces are too tiring man) and JayD and then come to my place. I sense trouble and I get up!
A quick shower, get ready and I'm ready in 20 mins or so and I hear the doorbell too. WOW!! What a timing!
We have second thoughts after seeing our S M A L L man fit himself into the Swift. i suggest to take the qualis. And everybody agree and we make a sudden switch of cars!

Time: 07:30am.
Venue: Cochin byepass junction.

Ohh Finally, we are out and moving. I am on the wheel and Nikki is ahead in the SWIFT as he wants to drop it at his office parking on the way. We reach his office, make sure the car is safe and we hit the highway. Coimby!!! Here we come. We make sure that somebody in coimby should know about it and we take all the efforts to wake up Mr. Quicksilver (accidentally his child woke up first it seems, OMG) and announce our departure!

It wasn't soon before we find the groom's vehicle. But the fellas who decorated the car/truck/ship got the bride's name wrong it seems!
A wet DRIVE to the Monsoon Wedding! What can I say???-dscn5690-medium.jpg
We spot it from far and get our cameras ready!

A wet DRIVE to the Monsoon Wedding! What can I say???-dscn5691-medium.jpg
Why did they get the bride's name wrong???

To be continued.......

Last edited by speedzak : 24th June 2008 at 05:37.
Old 24th June 2008, 08:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice pix.
Waiting for rest of the story.
Old 24th June 2008, 09:40   #3
BHPian

hmm.... so the report started flowing!!
Lots and lots of interesting stuffs are to be expected here!! monsoon cops, monsoon-siruvani wash, monsoon drift, monsoon drink etc etc!!
continue zak.
Old 24th June 2008, 12:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

A wet DRIVE to the Monsoon Wedding! What can I say???-ashvin.jpg

What a picture! All that are missing is a fish basket in the back and a pom-pom horn on the handle.
Old 24th June 2008, 12:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

^^ Also a colorful lungi!
Old 24th June 2008, 12:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

LOL Zak made for a good read mate, continue writing. Ashvin please don't jeopardize the lifeline of TN by being bossy over that puny thingy my friend(pun intended) .
Old 24th June 2008, 12:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

three guys driving to attend friend's wedding that too in monsoon.
good script.
must have been lot of fun.
eager to read lot of funny and rainy stuff from you.
Old 24th June 2008, 13:13   #8
BHPian

ah well i shall try not to. truth be told this pic was taken im coimbatore itself must say it was a real fighter! hehe
Old 24th June 2008, 13:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

So why did they get the name wrong? Was it the wrong vehicle you guys were chasing?

Zaks, part 2 please! :-)

As for Ashvin on the TVS, we gave him a fish basked, a pom-pom, a colorful lungi - and what about a head towel? Lets add that too!
Old 24th June 2008, 14:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
What a picture! All that are missing is a fish basket in the back and a pom-pom horn on the handle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
^^ Also a colorful lungi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
As for Ashvin on the TVS, we gave him a fish basked, a pom-pom, a colorful lungi - and what about a head towel? Lets add that too!
I can almost imagine Ashvin wearing a Lungi & singing "I'm a Malyali, ahhh ahhh", "I wear a Pink Lungi"!!!!!!

P.S. He's even lived in the Gelf!

Last edited by iraghava : 24th June 2008 at 14:07.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
three guys driving to attend friend's wedding that too in monsoon.

Actually, there were 4 of us!But, If u count A S H V I N, as one person, then i would be considered as half! so i guess there were 3.5 people!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

I can almost imagine Ashvin wearing a Lungi & singing "I'm a Malyali, ahhh ahhh", "I wear a Pink Lungi"!!!!!!

P.S. He's even lived in the Gelf!
He he!!! Ishan recieved his share of mallu 101 on the monsoon drive eh??

Last edited by JayD : 24th June 2008 at 14:55.
Old 24th June 2008, 15:00   #12
BANNED

And then we got trapped!

Time: 09:00am.
Venue: Aryaas VEGETARIAN restaurant, Vadakkanchery.

We decide to stop for breakfast here ignoring all the mention of PATTIKKAADU restaurant by A S H V I N. He was repeatedly tried to persuade us to have breakfast there, I dunno what is the catch behind that.
We settle down on a corner table of this 'as always full to the limits' restaurant. Everybody orders for Ghee roast dosas and I add my favourite idlis too. Finga' Likkin', crispy smooth dosas arrive and everybody goes munchin' munchin'! No guesses for who finished the plates first. Some wonderful coffee accompanies this great breakfast and we wash up our hands and get out! (There was a big line in front of the wash too).

Time: 10:00am.
Venue: NH47, somewhere between walayar and palakkad.

It is a fairly dry drive till now and the only entertainment is in the form of laughing at different vehicles and funny characters on the road. Some verbal annoyances and noises are always accompanied when we crack a joke and there were lots of it, thanks to A S H V I N, JayD & Nikkibike. I am comfortably cruising on 3 digit speeds as the roads are very much empty, smooth and sunny. Then suddenly I am trapped!!
COPS!! One comes out almost near the middle of road and waves his hands hysterically. OMG!!!! Kerala BHPians and cops don't gel well these days it seems. I am asked to park the vehicle and come to their copwagen as they would like to show me something!!! I slowly get my mind prepared for the Q&A session and go across the road. One cop suddenly pulls out a GUN and aims at me!!! Blistering* *$#*& barnacles!!!
I almost turn around, run and duck for cover before I realise this gun doesn't have any holes in the front but it has some sort of digital display instead.
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS THIS??" A stern, cop voice on the other side.
I look at the display and see 106km/h per hour flashing on the display!!
"No sir!" I reply in a idiotic accent!
"This was the speed you were doing" Stern voice now gets more rough.
"When sir??" I am a big idiot!!
"Now!!! In that Qualis of yours!!" His voice gets into an annoyed tone now.

Me: "Oh????"
Khaaki: "You have to pay fine" Now, that comes out in a cruel tone!
Me: "FINE????" "For what sir??"
Khaaki: "Overspeeding!" "The limit is 70kmh in highways!"

Now, a senior police officer comes around. He looks to be more friendly as he greets me with a good morning!! (SHOCKKED, I am). I greet back too. He asks me where I am from, what do I do, where am I going etc.. I answer in whatever i felt like and returns the same questions to him too (other than what does he do!!). LOL!! Before we realise, we are pals. I refer some of my family friends near his hometown and he is a very happy man (happy cop, I mean). Ahem, ahem..

A wet DRIVE to the Monsoon Wedding! What can I say???-dscn5695-medium.jpg
That red house near the market?? Yeah!! I know that person!

Me: So, shall I go sir???
Khaaki: You have to pay fine.
Me: Puzzled and has a very pleading face now!!
Khaaki: It's 1000Rs for anything above 100 km/h and you were doing 106!
Me: 1000Rs??? Sorry sir!
Khaaki: That's according to the rule.
Me: Can't we come down a bit to something I can pay??? I don't have 1000Rs with me.
Khaaki: No ways! You'll have lots of money stacked somewhere.
Me: We are 4 jobless youngsters going for a friend's MONSOON wedding after pooling in cash from everybody's pocket for fuel etc... No way we can pay 1000 sir!

Khaaki: Ok, let me charge you for above 70km/h fine.
Me: How much is it sir???
Khaaki: 300!
Me: No dinner for us then!
Khaaki: call me on return and I will provide you free dinner! LOL!!!

I walk up to the car, get out 3 gandhijis and pay up the fine!
A wet DRIVE to the Monsoon Wedding! What can I say???-dscn5694-medium.jpg
Oh!! Is it spelled with an S or Z??? SpeedZak!

I get this in return!
A wet DRIVE to the Monsoon Wedding! What can I say???-220620081359-medium.jpg
They don't get my name right!

A wet DRIVE to the Monsoon Wedding! What can I say???-dscn5696-medium.jpg
It seems even the bikes can overspeed!

A wet DRIVE to the Monsoon Wedding! What can I say???-dscn5698-medium.jpg
While I am busy paying up, our friends are trying out different kinds of photography like these!

More coming up!!!
Old 24th June 2008, 15:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Zak, Nice & interesting travelogue! Keep them coming!

Kerala Cops means business!
No matter what, they cut the challan!

In KA, one green note would have done the trick!
Old 24th June 2008, 15:37   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Zak, Nice & interesting travelogue! Keep them coming!
Thanks finney. More action coming your way!
Quote:
Kerala Cops means business!
No matter what, they cut the challan!
Challan can save you in case you get caught again the same day. One day, one fine. That's the rule here.

These days, cops are paid back hefty amounts for the money they collect in fines. So, they really do some brisk business nowadays. Ask Steer for more info!
Old 24th June 2008, 15:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Zak, nice reading and interesting pictures to add up the attraction ! So highway patrol makes good money on a sunday ! May be they make only on sundays, since other days bring more traffic and less speed. Eagerly waiting to know the events that followed at comby ! I read somewhere that you were planning to be in 'Dufffaii' for few months, may be from steeroid's posts. So, you finished the work in record speed ? Where is our A S H W I N from ? His face is familiar to me, but not able to recall.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks