Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 19:10   #136

Re: Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore - Pondicherry

Travelled to Pondicherry on 30th Aug.
Quick update on road condition.
As suggested somewhere by regulars on this route took deviation and Went thru Krishnagiri > Bargur > Tirupattur >Singarapettai > Thiruvannamalai > Pondicherry

Road condition on Bargur-Singarapettai route are much better than regular Krishnagiri > Thiruvannamalai route. Total time taken 6 hours with 20 mins break.

My friend travelled the regular route Krishnagiri > Thiruvannamalai next day and his was not at all a happy trip. As mentioned by many 30-40 KMs are really bad.
MSMM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 15:44   #137

@ Selfdrive: Talking about French Cuisines, you can try out in Le Club, Le Cafe, Rendezvous, The restaurant in auroville etc. I have tried in these places but I can't suggest you any particular dish as I do not know your taste. However various Steaks, Sizlers, Grilled stuffs are some of the main choices that one can go through. For your reference I am posting a website link, howvere pls do not consider the prices to be the same as reflecting in the website "http://www.pondichery.com/english/manger.htm"

And now talking about stay, then try out the Ashram guest houses, mainly Sea Side Guest house, The retreat, The Park, International Guest house are the ones that you can try. They just have the basics and not overly done to mesmerize you. And yes the beds and toilets are spanking clean, only thing is if you are going there peak season or during any festive times, then remember to book in advance else you will not get a room..

Please do not get carried away by the private guest houses which look amazingly delightful but once you check in, you realize you have done a mistake
Old 1st December 2011, 21:17   #138
BHPian

Hi Abhijit..its nice to have a clear view of your trip.Just reading through after you posted them 3 years back and it still holds its charm...referring to your route as i am also planning for Pondi trip this Christmas and hope it would be nice experience
Old 14th December 2011, 20:29   #139

Hi,

Seems like the stretch between Krishnagiri - Tiruvannamalai via Chengam has a bad reputation. I notice the last feedback to be from MSMM around end August 2011.

Any improvements off late ? Do we still need to avoid it ?

Hi MSMM,

On your recommended route - Krishnagiri > Bargur > Tirupattur >Singarapettai > Thiruvannamalai - are there all the regular signages so that we do not miss any turns ?

Thanks for the info,

Regards .... Namit
Old 14th December 2011, 21:37   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nampat View Post
Hi,

Seems like the stretch between Krishnagiri - Tiruvannamalai via Chengam has a bad reputation. I notice the last feedback to be from MSMM around end August 2011.

Hi MSMM,

On your recommended route - Krishnagiri > Bargur > Tirupattur >Singarapettai > Thiruvannamalai - are there all the regular signages so that we do not miss any turns ?

Thanks for the info,

Regards .... Namit
Hey Namit,

Just check out Pondicherry thread in "Travel and Queries" section for latest on road conditions to Pondy
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 23:49   #141
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nampat View Post
Hi,

Hi MSMM,

Thanks for the info,

Regards .... Namit
Based on current conditions of roads the following is recommended:
Bangalore->Krishnagiri->Vellore->Arcot->Cheyyar->Vandavasi>Tindivanam->Pondy

As @Fauji has mentioned you will find current updates on this thread (also lookup last few pages, all of them will recommend above mentioned route):
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...quired-28.html

Hope this helps.

Last edited by NPV : 14th December 2011 at 23:50.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 22:30   #142
Senior - BHPian

Re: GOA-PONDICHERRY-GOA = 1 driver + 2 days + 3 weathers + 4 languages + 5 states

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
GOA-PONDICHERRY-GOA = 1 driver + 2 days + 3 weathers + 4 languages + 5 states
Melvyn
I'm planning a similar trip shortly. Just 2 drivers and maybe 1 passenger. Is this the best route or is there any alternative. Of course since I'm from Margao, the initial leg will be Margao-Ponda-Hubli. My doubt is where to spend the night if I have to split the distance approx 50-50. I want to do my driving in the day and starting the day drive not before 7 AM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks