Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Uday, couple of pics are a little dull. Have you cleaned the lens properly? Was it due to mist present there (?) What was the camera make?
Old 22nd September 2008, 13:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Uday, couple of pics are a little dull. Have you cleaned the lens properly? Was it due to mist present there (?) What was the camera make?
No these pic are taken on canon SLR and according to me pic are just fine, may be you computer resolusion is not good.
Old 22nd September 2008, 13:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Thats very true.
I was at karde, dapoli on 29/30 aug8 although not stayed at aryvart, but stayed at hotel kinara on karde beach. This harnai area is very beutiful.
After traveling so much in konkan, i find that,
Raigad district is bit dry in terms of flora and fauna,
Ratnagiri district has some good beaches with good hotels and resorts but has monotonic mango trees all over,
Sindhudurga distict has best beaches but very less resorts and hotels, it has versatile flora. I did not find any good restaurant to dine at vengurla but still love this place to visit again and again.
Even I was at Dapoli on 09-Aug-08 and I stayed at aryawartha, do read my review on Dapoli on this forum. It was very good and my total expenditure was 3000/rs that include food and travel ( petrol ). I still want to visit dapoli, may be on 9-oct-08 and may be head towards ganapatipule on 10-oct.
Old 22nd September 2008, 16:45   #19
BHPian

Try the hotel Bamboo at Malvan for seafood. Its really fantastic.
Old 22nd September 2008, 16:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
Try the hotel Bamboo at Malvan for seafood. Its really fantastic.
Yes Hotel Bamboo at Malvan is really good. did had my dinner there when i visited Tarkali.
Old 19th December 2008, 21:52   #21
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good(decent) place to stay in Devgad or near Kunkeshwar? I will be visiting the place next week.
Old 20th December 2008, 09:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatoR View Post
Can anyone suggest a good(decent) place to stay in Devgad or near Kunkeshwar? I will be visiting the place next week.
sadly, there are very few options for stay at devgad or kunkeshwar.
those hotels are very basic. but for one night, it will be ok. if you wish, i will pm you the hotels and phone numbers.
Old 20th December 2008, 13:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
sadly, there are very few options for stay at devgad or kunkeshwar.
those hotels are very basic. but for one night, it will be ok. if you wish, i will pm you the hotels and phone numbers.
That will really be of great help Ashish, Thanks! Once again you have come to my rescue!

My cousin also told me the same thing and suggested that i would find better accommodation in Kankavli. But i was afraid this would be out of the way. I will be staying there for 2 nights only.
Old 23rd December 2008, 09:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatoR View Post
That will really be of great help Ashish, Thanks! Once again you have come to my rescue!

My cousin also told me the same thing and suggested that i would find better accommodation in Kankavli. But i was afraid this would be out of the way. I will be staying there for 2 nights only.
you will find better and good place at kankavli, and kunkeshwar is 1 hour drive from kankavli. or you can stay at malven.

uday
Old 24th December 2008, 00:05   #25
BHPian

Thanks for that Uday!
I have decided to try my luck at the resort at Kunkeshwar that Ashish has told me about. My only fear is that it doesn't get filled up before I get there due to the holiday rush.
If i run out of options, I will drive to Kankavli to look for decent accommodation.
Old 24th November 2018, 11:22   #26
BHPian

Re: Exploring Konkan - Trip to Malvan

Hi All,
I am planning a road trip around Christmas, i would be travelling from Pune early morning start at 5 AM for Dapoli. Plan is to cover Dapoli - Ganpatipule - Devagad - Malvan- South Goa and back on 1st Jan to Pune. I would be stating 1 day at each location for the first 3 days and then 3 days in Malvan and rest in Colva, South Goa. As i have never driven on the Konkan side, wanted to check which route is good for travelling to Dapoli, one option is through Mulshi - Tamhini Ghat and second route is though Bhor - Amshet - Mahad. Wanted to know which route is good and better to go for. I know from my last trip to Mulshi couple of months back that the road was in bad shape and we literally had huge craters on the road filled with water.

Please advise what route would be best to travel to Dapoli and beyond that to Ganpatipule , Devgad and Malvan. Secondly from Malvan to Colva South Goa, what route should i take and would be the best. Any inputs would be helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks