Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 09:59   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Hi Mclaren, have owned this lens since 1997, had to part with it since its not tropicalised, i.e. there is condensation & fungal dispersion due to the condensation, Canon uses awesome quality lenses thereby reducing chances of condensation.

How it proceeds is as follows rapid humidity change > condensation> sustained condensation> fungus > failure of lense to comply with built AF standards.

Finally had to junk the lens, bought a Canon AF lens very cheap at Miami, be careful of condensation with the lens.

Cheers
M M
Manish, the lens belongs to a fellow bhpian Karthik. He was kind enough to let me use it, as he is busy with work. I shall be picking up a Canon 50-250mm IS very soon.
Old 20th November 2008, 10:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Nice video. Excellent speeds and to top it all Judas Priest playing in the background.
Don't talk about speed! Man, it is getting really blurred!!!

180+kmph or did you guys touch 190kmph???

And the video quality is excellent!
Old 20th November 2008, 10:30   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Don't talk about speed! Man, it is getting really blurred!!!

180+kmph or did you guys touch 190kmph???

And the video quality is excellent!
202kmph as clocked on the GPS unit. There is a pic of that in my report. Speedo reading 205kmph.
Old 20th November 2008, 11:07   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
202kmph as clocked on the GPS unit. There is a pic of that in my report. Speedo reading 205kmph.
@mclaren, i heard someone saying you guys clocked 220kmph on the expressway???
Old 20th November 2008, 11:17   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
@mclaren, i heard someone saying you guys clocked 220kmph on the expressway???
Dont think we did 220. As the GPS says, only a little over a *true* 200. I have +size tires, hence the speedo is probably under reporting a bit, and maybe just enough to negate the inherent speedo optimism.

And the reason the expressway was gobbled up quickly is not really the top end, just a higher average speed, through "corners" etc. And we were no where near the limits of the tires, a small tribute to the PP2s on the car.
Old 20th November 2008, 11:29   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Dont think we did 220. As the GPS says, only a little over a *true* 200. I have +size tires, hence the speedo is probably under reporting a bit, and maybe just enough to negate the inherent speedo optimism.

And the reason the expressway was gobbled up quickly is not really the top end, just a higher average speed, through "corners" etc. And we were no where near the limits of the tires, a small tribute to the PP2s on the car.
till pretty good average speeds.

i have traveled every single weekend (back home to bombay and monday to pune for work )for almost 2 years now . the expressway is a brilliant road to cut travel distance . inspite of luggage and 5 onboard and breaks at foodmall for a tankful of petrol i used to have an average speed of 70kmph.

the pp2's are a brilliant set of footwear. next change for my lancer.

I am glad that you guys enjoyed the drive. and did it at the best time in broad daylight.
Old 20th November 2008, 14:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Tadu !! Nice video but still not as insane as the Nandi hill video..
Old 20th November 2008, 14:20   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Or the Yelagiri drive .

@leadfoot: I think the 220kmph must have been from the Yelagiri drive.

The car had 5 people on board, handling that kind of weight is quite tricky in corners compared to say with 2 people on board. Tadu was being quite conservative actually. I have seen far more spirited driving from him during the Yelagiri trip. Or maybe thats because he didn't have quick company .
Old 20th November 2008, 21:23   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Quote:
Or the Yelagiri drive .
I think I am getting old?
Old 21st November 2008, 07:50   #70
BANNED

Quote:
I think I am getting old?
You can find that out at the next Yelagiri drive .
Old 21st November 2008, 09:53   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Soon we get frantic calls from some members asking us to arrive at MMRDA grounds before 5pm. We left the hotel only by 4pm.

Quote:
By now we have no clue where Amey and Shrivz are. We are off the expressway, into what looks like some part of the city. We can see hordes of buildings everywhere. Suddenly, in all this mad rush we realize we are low on fuel. So we decide to tank up at a BP petrol pump and catch up on some coffee at CCD right next to the pump. Half an hour later Amey & Shrivz arrive in the swift.

But there seems to be a problem. We are lost again. They can't figure out if we are ahead of them or they went past us. Some calls later, the lady says "please proceed on the designated route". We decide, if we wait here trying to figure out where each of us are it will only cause more delay. So we decide to move on, and there we find the peted white swift parked on the road side. We have no clue how they missed us.

We make a quick dash through all the crowd in the city and reach the grounds around 6:10 pm. Finally we made it. We get out of the car, to spot this.
you left your hotel at 4:00 in pune and in 2 hours 10 minutes you did the entire expressway with ghats then came off the expressway where you start getting mild traffic as u enter the city; crossed kalamboli, kharghar, nerul, vashi, then all the way to chembur, sion (one of the busiest junctions)and then through dharavi you came in to bandra MMRDA for the show at 6:10(which is a peak time for traffic) after stopping once for fuel and once for coffee. Phew, you guys should collectively go for WRC.
Just a little unbelieveable since i do this route very often. Very nice travelogue though, im sure unplanned trips like these are fun. Hope to see you guys in mumbai soon.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:10   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Bangalore - after reading these pages, I think I will drive down to Bangalore "just like that". It was nice to meet some of you at the JBL stall.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 21st November 2008, 10:15   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali G View Post
Just a little unbelieveable since i do this route very often.
Thats ok Ali, we get that quite often .
Old 21st November 2008, 10:38   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali G View Post
you left your hotel at 4:00 in pune and in 2 hours 10 minutes you did the entire expressway with ghats then came off the expressway where you start getting mild traffic as u enter the city; crossed kalamboli, kharghar, nerul, vashi, then all the way to chembur, sion (one of the busiest junctions)and then through dharavi you came in to bandra MMRDA for the show at 6:10(which is a peak time for traffic) after stopping once for fuel and once for coffee.
No idea about the exact route. All I remember is we taking a shortcut, a right turn from under a flyover. The GPS shows shortcuts as dotted lines. Shrivz will know how we got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Hello Bangalore - after reading these pages, I think I will drive down to Bangalore "just like that". It was nice to meet some of you at the JBL stall.
Please do come down, it would be so nice to have you over!

Quote:
You can find that out at the next Yelagiri drive .
I am old, and old people should be driving slow.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:44   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am old, and old people should be driving slow.
So should young people atleast on public roads (which absolves Nascar, WRC, F1 drivers and their peers).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks