Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 10:06   #46
BHPian

Re: Trip to Ganapatipule

Quote:
Originally Posted by askanal View Post
Hi BHPians, am travelling Mumbai to Ganpatipule, 17 March for 3 nights in my Innova. Which is the fastest route - NH17 or NH4 via Karad, Umbraj, Patan, Chiplun. Former is ~ 330 kms while the latter is ~ 470 kms. Am told NH17 is not in good shape and slow. I prefer faster, safer routes even though a bit longer. Example, I always drive Mumbai to Goa via NH4, Chorla and Belgaum. Thanks in advance.
In my view fastest route will be NH17, i.e. Mumbai - Panvel - Vadkhal - Mangaon - Khed - Chiplun - Nevali Phata - Ganpatipule. Even if you take NH4 (till Umbraj) last 180 kilometers will have to be driven on 2 lane undivided road. I would suggest you to stick to NH17. Make sure you leave Mumbai by 5 AM, so before 8.30 AM you are able to touch Mangaon. Road is not that bad. Also while returning back make sure you cross Vadkhal Naka before 4 PM, especially on weekends.
nndp87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 11:14   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nndp87 View Post
In my view fastest route will be NH17, i.e. Mumbai - Panvel - Vadkhal - Mangaon - Khed - Chiplun - Nevali Phata - Ganpatipule. Even if you take NH4 (till Umbraj) last 180 kilometers will have to be driven on 2 lane undivided road. I would suggest you to stick to NH17. Make sure you leave Mumbai by 5 AM, so before 8.30 AM you are able to touch Mangaon. Road is not that bad. Also while returning back make sure you cross Vadkhal Naka before 4 PM, especially on weekends.
Thanks a lot for your inputs. Did you travel on these routes of late?
Old 16th March 2016, 11:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't traveled recently, I was on this route in October 2015. However many of my colleagues and friends keep travelling on this route frequently.
nndp87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 13:16   #49
BHPian

I just did a bike ride, used the NH 66 to ride back from Malvan to Mumbai.
The road is as usual hoplees till Wadhkhal Naka and slighly better till Indapur.
After which it is wonderfull till Ratnagiri/Ganapatipule and beyond.

The timing of your departure from Mumbai will be the key.
Alternately, yo can go via Khopoli using the expressway and join near Kollad on NH 66.
Old 16th March 2016, 17:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Panvel-Pen-Vadkhal is horrible. AVOID that. Plus there will be traffic jams at Vadkhal.

Stick to Mumbai-Khopoli-Imagica-Pali route. It's a drivers paradise road. Just be careful of multiple speed breakers till and a bit further from Imagica.

Post that few diversions till Mangaon, but road is good. After that its a bliss. Went there recently last month. Left at 6 from Mumbai, by 10.30 we reached Chiplun. Had a blast ripping the bullets .
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks