Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2009, 05:23   #46
BHPian

Hey JayD thanks for the info, but damn i missed it. I was in Bangalore and just drove down before you guys. I could have accompanied you. lucky guys nikki and jayd.
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:00   #47
BHPian

I feel like a dad who just married his daughter off.. Sniff
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:04   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
I feel like a dad who just married his daughter off.. Sniff
That makes the two of them wedding brokers???? Or is it, in the words of the Yeti, "Dilwale Braut Le Jaayenge?"

Back to the point - Nikki and JayD thank you for what you did!

I hope you were able to put the Bazooka to some use during the trip?

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd January 2009 at 11:10.
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the natural delivery,Chetaa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steer
Teri muh mein ghee shakkar,
What does this mean?
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

What is going on this thread?
From yesterday, i came to know that " two men delivered old baby'' thats all.
Sudev was talking about labor pain but Nitrous congratulated to two men for natural delivery.
Steer offered ghee shakkar also to Pavan Kadam.
Congratulations from my side.
Hope, delivery reports will be posted here soon.
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
That makes the two of them wedding brokers???? Or is it, in the words of the Yeti, "Dilwale Braut Le Jaayenge?"

Back to the point - Nikki and JayD thank you for what you did!

I hope you were able to put the Bazooka to some use during the trip?
Thanks for everything STEER! hmm... We took few snaps with the new bazooooka.. but our priority was to get out of bangy and cover most of the distance before natural light falls off... so....don't expect much stuffs with the NEW one!! We are in the process of putting a detailed pictorial report now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
What is going on this thread?
From yesterday, i came to know that " two men delivered old baby'' thats all.
Sudev was talking about labor pain but Nitrous congratulated to two men for natural delivery.
Steer offered ghee shakkar also to Pavan Kadam.
Congratulations from my side.
Hope, delivery reports will be posted here soon.
aaaaaaah.... slow down a bit mate.... It as a very difficult but NORMAL delivery!!! We cud finish the labour room exercise only by 4 in the morning!
wait a bit more for the pics....
cheers!
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:00   #52
Senior - BHPian

Presenting The Star of the show: The 1955 Fiat Millecento! A.K.A 'The Old Baby'!

Two Men and a very old Baby-dscn42681.jpg

Here are some more pix!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-dscn42721.jpg  

Two Men and a very old Baby-dscn42701.jpg  

Two Men and a very old Baby-dscn42851.jpg  

Two Men and a very old Baby-dscn4280.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th January 2009 at 16:20. Reason: see note in post
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

She looks too good! Can not believe that this is such an old car! Hats off to the previous owner for maintaining it like this.
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:09   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
She looks too good! Can not believe that this is such an old car! Hats off to the previous owner for maintaining it like this.
this is one very good fiat , but but wasnt this car restored from scratch?
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:19   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
... but but wasnt this car restored from scratch?
I do not think so.

This car was spotted by Rudhra ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ternoon-2.html).

And when he had mentioned that this one was up for sale, Steer jumped at it (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...-steeroid.html ) all the way from Dubai!!!

It was all a hushed up deal, Bhai style!
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to the Beer Baron, Nikki & the support trucker!!

So Santhosh, how does it feel to have a working car in your garage?? Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
What does this mean?
May you have Clarified Butter & Jaggery in your mouth! Basically it's to thank a person who's said something good to another person.

Last edited by iraghava : 3rd January 2009 at 14:36.
Old 3rd January 2009, 15:25   #57
BHPian

a speciality DEAL! YES... 'bhai' ishtyle!!

Can't find such a deal anywhere else in this world that happened & finished in seconds... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ml#post1064295
I truely appreciate Steeroid's love towards cars. But this deal was above all.. a clean team effort of real automobile enthusiasts! Jai Jai TEAMBHP!

Few days passed away... kochi tbhp-ians started talking each other to layout plans to bring this doll home... but everytime the plans were juz skidding away due to many reasons. Thatz when JayD told me that Vijay(prabhuav) is getting this babe till coimby to handover the same to him and then he is going to bring it home. We started making plans for a coimby trip and once in a chat session, I discussed our plans with Steer and took permission to take the Safari to coimby as a support vechicle! But then Safari didn't turnup in time.. its doing someother duty and is on its job!
So he made alternative plans and told us to go bangalore and get the babe as soon as possible.. Talked to Vijay and he said everything is ready including his scorpio as support car! huh!! Immediately got into the web and booked W/L 3A train tickets for three of us.. me, JayD & A S V I N. Learned that getting the tickets confirmed is doubtfull! Zakko came to rescue at this point of time and passed on his friend's number to me for any and all helps with Indian Railways! Spoke to him, the next day he rang me back saying the tickets are confirmed!! Now... another issue.. A S H V I N is backing out as he has some important isssues to sort out at home...
Anyways... me and jayD set off to catch the train and the rest is what you have already seen/read!!

Bit by bit report follows... stay tuned!!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 3rd January 2009 at 15:27.
Old 3rd January 2009, 15:50   #58
Senior - BHPian

01/01/09 7:55PM, I was sitting in my house, casually watching TV, thinking i've got one more hour for the train, when suddenly my mom asks, don't u have a train to catch at 9:15??, That's when i realize, that the time is actually 9, and not 8!! My watch was wrong!!

Somehow make it to the station in ten minutes, and jump into the train. That's when i realized that i did not have a ticket with me, and nikki had booked a Ticket only from Alwaye!!. Anyways, left with no option but pray that the TTE comes after alwaye, But as luck would haave it, my compartment was the first one which he started to check!!

To be continued.....
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:48   #59
BHPian

An eventfull day in Bangalore!

Train reached Cantonment station sharp at 10am and as directed by Vijay, we got down and settled down in a place waiting for the TRUCKO to come! JayD's cell phone battery was about to drain off due to the extensive usage inside the train for updates and GPS to find the location!
Indian Railways have been advanced so much that we got a power point soon to charge the battery of his cell.

Meantime Vijay called me to say that the day is no so good for him. He managed to break one of the ORVM of his neibhour's car as he wanted to remove that car to takeout the 'baby'. Anyways.. he proceeded to the garage with baby for a full checkup!
Had plans to fixup a reservoir for cooling system and change the H/L assemblies to another powerfull set. Mr.Gopal of rejected the request saying the job cannot be completed before the end of the day! ugh..!!!! hmm... things seemed tough at this moment...
still we were optimistic and trucko man Kumar gave a ring saying he has reached the station!! Now straight to the garage were the 'baby' is.!
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-cell-charge.jpg  

Last edited by nikkibike : 3rd January 2009 at 20:59.
Old 4th January 2009, 21:56   #60
BHPian

Bangy saga continues..

The TRUCKO man took us to the GYM where Vijay goes for 'service'!! heh.. but by the time we reached the place, the guy was waiting for us revving the fiat!!! JayD got excited seeing the babe and hoped into it to give company for Vijay till garage.
We all drove straight to the garage to leave the babe for complete checkup!
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-arving.jpg  

Last edited by nikkibike : 4th January 2009 at 21:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks