Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 11:24   #61
BHPian

Small correction chiku. We didnot put the reservoir as that would mean hacking off the original brass overflow pipe.
Old 5th January 2009, 13:07   #62
BHPian

...contd

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Small correction chiku. We didnot put the reservoir as that would mean hacking off the original brass overflow pipe.
oops! Yeah you are right Vijay! But still there was possibilities if we had enough time that day.

Anyways... We left the car there and headed to Vijay's appartment. Had breakfast on the way and at this point JayD left to meet his sister in trucko. Vijay and me went to the appartment and had a looong chit chat with his family members. Few minutes past, Vijay pointed me a room and told to get freshup fast. By the time I finished the exercise, JayD reached back and we all decided to check and tryout these beauties Vijay own!
We both did took few spins inside the appatment too! Maaaan.. the acceleration and exhaust note of Honda CB900 is intoxicating!! ugh!!
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-cbr5.jpg  

Two Men and a very old Baby-bullet500.jpg  

Two Men and a very old Baby-cbr3.jpg  

Two Men and a very old Baby-jaydcbr.jpg  

Old 5th January 2009, 15:59   #63
BHPian

Where is the rest of the story, jay D??? To be continued and when???
Old 5th January 2009, 20:06   #64
BHPian

...contd

Well... we decided to kickoff to get the baby which is waiting for us after final checkup! Initially, we planned to go in the trucko and immediately changed the plans to the two wheeler beasts! Vijay charged the Honda and I took over the bullet. JayD hoped into the rear seat of honda.
We hit the road and started blasting off to the glory... I tried my level best with bullet 500 to keepup with the roaring Honda.. Prabhu was on high spirits and revved it hard to disappear in seconds... Loved the ride... never rode a bullet with this much of raw power... g8 bike dude.. and many many thanks for letting me blast it on the road!

We reached the garage and there lies the beauty! Checked all the areas once again and told JayD to drive it back to appartment. heh.. then only we came to the reality... JayD wants to know the gear layout.. and asks us to train him properly.. It was funny seeing him putting column shift gears in air... learning the shifts! hmm... somehow.. trained him to shift the gears properly, and we hit the road again back to the appartment.
Stopped for food and 'feeding the baby' on the way. After feeding, Vijay took the babe to park it aside while I was paying the bills.. He came out of the car shouting how the brake pedal lowered so much!! Got perplexed and so called Mr.Gopal to see whether he has tried anything to do with the brake... Said he just topped up the fluid and done nothing with the system... Well.. at that moment things seemed like bad! Checked the fluid level and wheels.. therez no drop of fluid in the reservoir nor no spillage of fluid on the wheel discs... concluded that air must have trapped-in while topping the fluid... We decided to ignore it and proceed as planned.
Reached back in the appartment... had another chit-chat with family members... we decided to start the journey....
Loaded complete tool kit into the trucko and made it ready for supports.
Old 5th January 2009, 20:14   #65
BHPian

JayD recieving the toys and 'birth certificate' of baby...

Two Men and a very old Baby-recving.jpg

Vijay flagged us off immediately after the 'ceremony'!!! Me on the wheels, JayD and Kumar in the Trucko!

Two Men and a very old Baby-deteam.jpg

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th January 2009 at 17:29. Reason: pleas euse edit post if posting within 15 minutes of first post
Old 6th January 2009, 11:01   #66
BHPian

Bidding farewell to Home State!

We hit the road and the Trucko man's geographical knowledge led us thru a bit of unexpected off-roading to hit the highway directly.... this way we saved a lot of time that wud've lost in the city traffic.
I was driving it vigilantly and with full concentration to study the health status of baby! We reached the karnataka-tamilnadu border and crossed the infamous arch. Stopped past the arch for a recheck to buildup the confidence to hit Hosur-Krishnagiri highway!

WOW! wata road to drive!

Herez a pic showing the 'BABY" bidding farewell to home state.
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-levin-bangy.jpg  

Old 6th January 2009, 11:16   #67
Senior - BHPian

Nice pix nikki and nice writeup

" It was funny seeing him putting column shift gears in air... learning the shifts"

That was good
Old 6th January 2009, 11:17   #68
BHPian

Journey starts!

Well paved roads, comparitively less traffic and good evening sunlight welcomed the baby well and there the baby starts cruising comfortably at good speeds... At some streches, the tailgating trucko's speedo showed this...
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-120kms.jpg  

Two Men and a very old Baby-crusin-steady.jpg  

Old 6th January 2009, 11:43   #69
BHPian

Steady and non-stop cruising... we reached 'Thoppur' by 7.30pm and immediately after entering into the thoppur-bhavani road, the H/L's started acting up and we decided to stop and check whatz wrong! The headlight started acting as a sensor for road unevenness... the highway was well paved and the surface was even.. Light started going off and on depending on the road irregularities... checked thoroughly and found out the culprit.. the combination switch! Looked like the contacts inside are loose. Things are fine if the lever is held properly with fingers... clicked a simple idea... bought two small rubber bands from the next shop and put it over the levers so that there wont be any slackness there! Hiyyyaaaah... it worked!!

We started from there after another round of checks and this time JayD is behind the wheel of baby and me behind the wheel of Trucko! Maaan... I have driven the first gen scorpio and that completely spoiled my interest on scorpios! But this (II gen) one is damn stable as any other trucko's available in the market now! Started blasting it off... few minutes past got a call from JayD threatening me to go slow or else he will leave the baby and go by bus! ugh... i was enjoying the trucko drive till then...
hmm... We reached bhavani and kumar started shouting that the trucko needs to be fed to move further! We drove into a fuel pump and fed both!

At this point of time I decided to send back the support car back to bangy as I was pretty confident about the health status of baby! Talked to JayD and he also agreed the same! Well... we decided send back the trucko from the place where coimbatore L&T highway starts! Gave the trucko keys to Kumar and told him to stop at the nearest good hotel. I took a quick nap in the trucko while JayD was driving the baby behind the trucko!
Kumar stopped the trucko infront of a hotel in Avinashi. We all had food from there and started doing another round of checks to ensure the running condition. Nothing looked wrong and so we decided to send back the Trucko to bangy.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-check.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th January 2009 at 17:27. Reason: see note in post
Old 6th January 2009, 12:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

@nikkibike- man, why are you giving meal piece by piece to hungry people on bhp?
hurry up , waiting for more.
@jayd---where are you? still that train tc has not freed you?
Old 6th January 2009, 12:28   #71
BHPian

Herez a booster dose!!!

See the baby in full glory!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-fiat-03a.jpg  

Old 6th January 2009, 12:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@nikkibike--Herez a booster dose!!!
booster dose?
polio booster dose is bigger than this one.

the car looks really hot/cool.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 6th January 2009 at 12:40.
Old 6th January 2009, 12:54   #73
BHPian

...the final bit!

Trucko went back and me took over the wheels of baby. A steady and comfortable cruise... we entered the new home station of baby! Stopped next to the walayar checkpost cleaned the windscreen properly.
From here JayD took the baby as he know better about the road conditions and routes! Past Vadakkanchery, we were approaching the 'kuthiran' mala, JayD started searching for a 'left turn' that will lead to ernakulam! I was like stunned and told him to stop at the temple in kuthiran mala! Its one of my routine stopover for offerings to the almighty! Thanked God for troubleless drive and took over the wheels of baby! 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear and top... am hearing a strange sound inside the cabin... what i sensed was right.... JayD snoring to the glory in such a short time... no wonder he was searching for that 'left turn'!!

Anyways... I drove the baby to our final destination and reached home safe and intact!

Well... thatz a drive of 650 kms in 11 hrs flat!
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-kuthiran.jpg  

Old 6th January 2009, 13:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
See the baby in full glory!!!
*WHISTLE* What a babe!!!!

Great pic and post-processing there, nikki.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:42   #75
BHPian

herez another plain shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
*WHISTLE* What a babe!!!!

Great pic and post-processing there, nikki.
aaah.. I was waiting for your response....
see anotherone...
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-.jpg  

Most Viewed