Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:36   #16
BHPian

Great images, I am not able to get the desired shot from the video frame, I know it can be donew and each frame can be extracted and then corrected for quality, but I an too lazy to do, will do it some time and upload more here..
till that time enjoy gd1418 peacock images
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Parmod

Nice pics,and how does it feel to see the tiger/lion from so close.

usually they have these open gypsies for safari,is it safe ?

it surely is a different experience,i can think of.
Old 2nd February 2009, 14:31   #18
BHPian

From literal safety point, its not safe to be in jungle so close to wild animals, but there are official guide with you, which make sure that we are not in wronf place and wrong time.
Sighting wild animal in there natural habitat is what you want to see in Jungle, I am getting hooked to it, have been to Kanha 3 times and been to Pench numerous times, Pench being nearest to Nagpur is the easiest spot.

-Pramod
PS: Lucky to have almost 5 Jungles near by
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:15   #19
BHPian

Which gate did you go to? I am going to Baghira Log huts, the MP tourism place at Kisli. I guess there are 2 gates, 1 at Mukhi and another at Kisli. This is important, since the particular place is inside the forest, I was told the last entry is at 8PM. I need to reach the gate much before that, knowing the terrain and road inside the jungle would be difficult to track post dark. Any further info would be good.

I am familiar from Nagpur to Pench, since I took a taxi from Nagpur airport last year july when I visited Pench. The roads were fine last year.

Last edited by downsouth : 23rd March 2009 at 11:18.
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:30   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I wish I could just pick up my car keys, my cam and just rush out to spot some wildlife right away. Wish there were some decent jungles out here we could go to.
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:44   #21
BHPian

Are you serious man , Bandipur and Nagarhole are really good...and they can both be reached from 5-7 hours from Bangalore. The MP ones are definately better but you have greater access to jungle and safari's from Bangalore as well. It used to be a weekend thing for Wife and me, to go to bandipur.

P.S. I am originally from B'lore and i have had great sighting in K Gudi, run by JLR(they are expensive but worth every rupee) and Nagarhole as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I wish I could just pick up my car keys, my cam and just rush out to spot some wildlife right away. Wish there were some decent jungles out here we could go to.

Last edited by downsouth : 23rd March 2009 at 11:47.
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Hey McLaren,
If you are damn serious about visiting any forest areas from Bangalore, then you have plenty of them with good places to stay around. Here is a list of some of the best places from Bangalore within 100-250Km distance. The Jungle Lodges & Resorts run by Karnataka Forest and Tourism Dept. offers some of the best VFM accomodation and safari across Karnataka. The individual species which are easily sighted in these parks based on my experience in last 10 yrs are also mentioned.
  1. Bandipur National Park (220Km) - Wild Dogs (Dhole) & Elephants
  2. Nagarahole National Park (230Km) - Elephants, Kabini back waters offers huge congregation of elephants anywhere btw 300-400 at a time during march/april period.
  3. Cauvery Wildlife Sanctuary (110Km) - Not for big games, but good for birdwatching and fishing (Masheer)
  4. Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary (225Km) - River Terns nests in thousands on one of the island during summer. The animals in this park are quite shy as they are not that used to safaris. A rare sighting of shoals of Fresh Water Jelly fish was reported during Dec 08 for couple of weeks.
  5. Biligiri Ranga Temple (BRT) Sanctuary (240Km) - great place to see Sloth Bear and leapords
  6. Mudhumalai Wildlfie Sancturay (240Km) (part to Tamilnadu and adjascent to Bandipur) - Gaur and elephants
  7. Waynad Wildlfie Sancturay (220-230Km) (part to Kerala and adjascent to Bandipur & Nagarahole) - Gaur and elephants
Ever since I moved to HYD my Gypsy has seen only rocks and is dying for some forest stretchs to hunt animal tracks. Oh! and my camera has gone for Hybernation. I used to spend every alternate week in Bandipur or Nagarahole when I was in Bangalore.
Old 24th March 2009, 03:04   #23
BHPian

Kisli gate is good and, you have better chances via kisli, yes the MP tourism hut in buffer zone, very near to the actual gate, last to last time when I was there I saw Wild dogs near these huts, wild dogs are rear site, they move in group, you will really enjoy the stay there. The road till seoni is quite good, it get worst when you detour for Khana from Seoni on Mandla road, work on this road is going on at fast pace, but still will quite a few months to get it done.

The Hut is basically in the middle of 2 gates, so that's why the restriction, you need to be early to reach the huts, I am sure you will enjoy your stay there.

-Pramod

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Which gate did you go to? I am going to Baghira Log huts, the MP tourism place at Kisli. I guess there are 2 gates, 1 at Mukhi and another at Kisli. This is important, since the particular place is inside the forest, I was told the last entry is at 8PM. I need to reach the gate much before that, knowing the terrain and road inside the jungle would be difficult to track post dark. Any further info would be good.

I am familiar from Nagpur to Pench, since I took a taxi from Nagpur airport last year july when I visited Pench. The roads were fine last year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks