Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 15:32   #16
BHPian

I wanted some clarification on history of tirupati - I've heard that tirupati was initially a part of the madras presidency before it was moved to on to the andhra jurisdication thats why you see most of the inscriptions in tamil more than telugu. Is this correct ?
Old 21st March 2009, 03:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Hey Romeo..these TPT pics are so good that i feel i hav made this trip and come back..very realistic to the eye frame by frame....it gave me a quick recap of all the places from my last year trip.
But Tirupati for me a huge flood of people,lot of unhygenity,uncontrolled and unrestricted law of forces.
I went last year to get my little son's head tonsured and what a nightmare it was to sit in the barber site,with hair strewn everywhere and unhygenity unlimited.
Some action should be taken here.
Totally agree and worst thing the guys who tonsure expect huge amount of money. to top it all any shop you go - they charge you more than MRP and excuse saaaar we have to get it from Tirupati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@ Romeo: Man you do have a flair for the camera. Awesome pictures and as the saying goes" Picture speaks a thousand words" over here they definitely do
Thank you MC, still learning the ABC of photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
I wanted some clarification on history of tirupati - I've heard that tirupati was initially a part of the madras presidency before it was moved to on to the andhra jurisdication thats why you see most of the inscriptions in tamil more than telugu. Is this correct ?
you are right, when the states formed on the basis of linguistics, Tirupati came under AP and I think some parts of AP got merged under TN state.
Old 21st March 2009, 06:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
so,romeo was on pilgrimage in search of ........

i was also in tirupati on 21 and 22 jan.

i hope, the train in pic is royalsima express.

i hope,pic no5, turning train pic is taken immediately after leaving renigunta station.

pics of tirupati and tirumala are always refreshing.
ashishpallod, its raayalaseema-express, not royalsima, for a second there i was reading it as royyala-sima where royyala = shrimps/prawns got totally confused.

yes thats the Famous Renigunta Junction station's turning the long one. One of the big railway houses in India. It is still a major junction connecting up north tracks to Chennai till kanyakumari.

Renigunta Junction/RU Railway Station Satellite Map - India Rail Info - Database of Indian Railways Trains & Stations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
well before the partition AndhraPradesh was a part of Madras presidency, and after partition TamilNadu border is as Close as 20kms and the line goes zigzag across the map, Even when we travel by road to Chennai from Tirupathi we enter TN then AP again and TN finally, the highway is that zigzag through the national highway naidupeta road itself!

Nice pictorial Romeo, well forget juliet, you found the The Lord Himself.

your journey was at the right time of the year too when the Sun is mercyful too, nice write up mate.

Last edited by rider60 : 21st March 2009 at 06:13.
Old 21st March 2009, 09:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
ashishpallod, its raayalaseema-express, not royalsima, for a second there i was reading it as royyala-sima where royyala = shrimps/prawns got totally confused.
oops, my mistake.
i don't know exact meaning of the word "raayalseema".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks