Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 17:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

The King who conquered Part of South India

I was looking for a long waiting holiday from my work; the work was taking my jolly life totally after working for nearly 10yrs with the same company and transferred recently to Singapore.

The story begins like this I work for a Proprietorship Firm in Singapore as you all know in these kinds of companies it is very difficult to get leaves. After failing to take leave earlier in January I had lost interest in asking my boss again. But my parents used to call me daily and ask me to come home for the festival so had to take it at any cost do or die in these kind of situation in the market.

Just tried my luck requesting for a 10day leave for Ugadi Festival, as you all know 1st answer from the boss was No and then came your wish (damki type) if you want you take kind of thing and I did not look back and said I will take it and did not want to lose this chance to fly back home. I had to take this leave because it was nearly 4months since I had left My Parents and The King – Tata Safari .

As you all know how much I love my King and was very frustrated as I was not able to drive him for past 4months and he had done already 30K without me driving it and my brother was enjoying it fully. So the 3rd free service was due and it was sent to Manipal Motors on 23rd March and got back the vehicle in the evening by delivery guys on the same day after the routine servicing and oil change in it along with the replacement of tie rods. The King was like new and waiting for me to come back home and take him for a long drive.

Started booking my tickets and got the tickets booked on Tiger Airways for 25th March and had less time to do shopping for everyone back home, but thanks for Mustafa Centre at Singapore which is open 24hrs and you get A-Z @ reasonable price and helped me in saving time on shopping at different places.

Reached Bengaluru on 25th night at 11.15am and I felt like kissing the ground as soon as I landed in the airport, but came out of the airport only at 12am as usual due to the cross marks (for identifying electronic goods in the bag) on the baggage and took time to come out of the customs clearance and immigration process. When I came out of the Airport my brother/sis-in-law/niece was waiting for me at the airport and everyone were happy to see me back. Then my brother handed over the keys of Safari and we headed towards the parking and there he was waiting for me ready to conquer the Central Part of India but the plans needed to be changed -

To be continued with the details on the places visited and total kms done in next post
Attached Thumbnails
The King who conquered Part of South India-picture-004.jpg  

gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2009, 17:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Come on Raghu, that's too short a post! Not allowed, not allowed, lets hear more of "The King & I"

Eagerly waiting!
Old 8th April 2009, 18:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Finally the travelogue!

A good teaser!

Go on, Raghu, all eyes!
Old 8th April 2009, 19:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

WOW that will be nice travelogue! Waiting for details.

Ravi.
Old 8th April 2009, 22:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

From your thread, I can make out that the safari (the king) was on trip...where to, when...we are waiting for details.
Old 9th April 2009, 10:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Guys will post the 1st day of trip in the afternoon, as i am stick with my work and not able to complete the travelogue sorry for that and assure to complete it at the earliest.

The actual plan was to Conquer the Central India with The King in 3days, but there was something else in the bag.

Last edited by gowda79 : 9th April 2009 at 10:02.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:39   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Guys will post the 1st day of trip in the afternoon, as i am stick with my work and not able to complete the travelogue sorry for that and assure to complete it at the earliest.

The actual plan was to Conquer the Central India with The King in 3days, but there was something else in the bag.

You and your plans, Going london went tokyo.

Open that bag and the full story please (Dhamki Style)

BTW How was Kanyakumari guruve ?
Old 9th April 2009, 11:41   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
BTW How was Kanyakumari guruve ?
oh oh ! - seems like Pavan spilled the beans.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Raghu: So you had been to south india trip. Thank you Pavan for giving us the hint.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Damn! I thought he was doing a tour in a chinese bus.

Have fun, Gowda. Did you run towards your Safari in slow-motion and kiss the bonnet like devarshi did with his lancer a couple of years ago?
Old 9th April 2009, 12:22   #11
BANNED

Gowdre, where is the rest?

Did you also talk to the King - Your Majesty, shall we drive each other (wild)?
Old 9th April 2009, 12:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Steeroid it was not me who kissed the bonnet but the coconut tree leaf did it when it was parked in Infosys campus at Electronic City.

P.S. - I'm not so fat that i can damage the bonnet, i am 6'4 tall thin guy.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be continued with the details on the places visited and total kms done in next post
Two post after you said this and still no info .

Quote:

Quote:
Steeroid it was not me who kissed the bonnet but the coconut tree leaf did it when it was parked in Infosys campus at Electronic City.
Please put (under) crown and save his head
Old 9th April 2009, 13:07   #14
Senior - BHPian

Planning for the Trip

Guys first of all sorry for the delay in postin as i get stuck in my work and do not get time in typing the travelogue -

The planning was made to Shirdi to have the blessings of Sai Baba. Took help from our HVK who is a busy man and had to disturb him a while and get the route maps, but has he had not done this sector he was not able to give the proper details. He helped me out for the route map until Pune from Bangalore and sent me a route details taken by one of his friend and I am very thankfull for his effort in sending me the details.

Myself and brother(Kdeepakk from now KDK) planned the trip in such a way that we can cover the nearby places to Shirdi and we were all set to do the trip. When i returned to India and started getting details from some of my contacts who have link in the Shirdi temple, wanted to know the crowd and boarding facilities. After we spoke to few of them we had a shock as per them we needed to wait nearly 6-7hrs in queue for Darshan or even more and we need to pay 2-3times the usual room rates on occasion of Ram Navami and Baba’s Birthday which we had totally forgotten on the enthusiasm of long drive and trip.

After this we had to cancel the trip and we were not having any idea where to go and what to do and everyone was very unhappy to miss the Darshan of Baba. Then came planning for 2nd time and KDK started planning trip to the temples on the coastal region and somewhat everyone in the family said yes for this, myself then came up with a idea and started screaming Kanyakumari.

After hearing Kanyakumari everyone were full happy as they will be going to the Tip of India and will be able to see the nose rings of the goddess which is so bright that it can be viewed from very long distance, we had heard that in earlier days the ships used to see the shining nose rings in the night and come to know that they were heading towards India.

Then we started our planning when to leave and which all places to be visited and distances. The planning was like this too move on the NH 7 / NH 17 & NH 212 –

1st Day -

Bangalore – Madurai – 400kms
Madurai – Rameshwaram (Halt) – 180kms

2nd Day -

Rameshwaram – Kanyakumari (Halt) – 400kms

3rd Day –

Kanyakumari – Guruvayoor – 385kms
Guruvayoor – Bangalore – 522kms
Attached Thumbnails
The King who conquered Part of South India-picture-002.jpg  

gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2009, 13:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

No No No... Not acceptable. Its same pic as first post with some more zoom out

Man, what is this? I can understand that The KING is the hero of this. But that does not mean it should be like only HIM on the screen. Even our superstar movies have some shot on screen for co-artist.

Be generous Mr. director!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks