Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 12:44   #1
VMG
BHPian

Chennai -Coorg Trip.

Last Saturday (18th April) we have started from Chennai around 10am in the morning and reached Bangalore around 3:30pm. Not much traffic because of odd time I think. Stayed with my cousin and had good time in the evening.

Left at 7am on Sunday morning thru Nice road got into Mysore highway. Had a good breakfast in Kamat and reached Shrirangapattna at 10am. Till Kushal nagar road is very good. Covered the Golden temple before we go to the Fieldaway Home stay at Sunticoppa.

This homestay is an excellent atmosphere with nature. Because of rain in the afternoon we were not able to go outside. Just enjoyed rain and took good rest. Had a nice dinner in Homestay.

Next day after good breakfast we started around 8am and covered Dubare elephant camp where we had very good time. We proceeded to Nisargadhama (bamboo forest, bamboo bridge and boating) and after Lunch(not so good) in Kushal Nagar back to Home stay.
After a good nap, we went around the forest in and around the homestay ( about 20 acres). Played shuttle for some time and watched IPL along with good dinner in the home stay itself.

Tuesday morning we left 8:30am and proceeded to Talacauvery. Enjoyed the driving till talacauvery. Worshiped Ganesa and Siva and climbed the peak about 300 steps. Very good view from there. Came back to Madikiri seen the fort, raja seat and abby falls and returned back to Homestay.

Wednesday morning we packed our stuff and left the Homestay at 7:45am after good breakfast( Kai puttu ). Non stop drive to Srirangapattna at 10am.
Had a snack at Mac on the Mysore – Bangalore highway. Reached Nice road at 12.15pm.
It took about one hour (horrible traffic) to reach Hosur road thru electronic city.
In the Bangalore highway, couple race with Verna and Civic.
Reached Poondamali at 5:30 with couple of stops. From Poondamaili to reach my home at RA puram took 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Over all we all enjoyed our trip especially our stay in Fieldaway at Sunticoppa.

Total KM driven : 1375 KM
FE: 12.5 KM
Car: Cedia sports
Old 27th April 2009, 13:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Short, sweet and crisp review ! Why don't you also share with us some pictures of the homestay and surroundings ?
Old 27th April 2009, 15:10   #3
VMG
BHPian

I uploaded some pictures thru Imageshack. But how do I link it to Team BHP.
(uploaded pictures long time back but I forgot now). pl. help me out.
Old 27th April 2009, 15:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I uploaded some pictures thru Imageshack. But how do I link it to Team BHP.
(uploaded pictures long time back but I forgot now). pl. help me out.
See this step-by-step procedure to upload images here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Last edited by null : 27th April 2009 at 15:17.
Old 27th April 2009, 21:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice short and sweet travelogue. Do post some pics. Also the details of the homestay.
Old 27th April 2009, 23:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Short and up to the point travelogue. But, is incomplete with pictures. Hope seeing that link will help you in posting the pictures. Do it soon !!!
Old 28th April 2009, 00:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

NICE Roads, Home Stay food, Coorg roads. Please elaborate on these 3.

Driving from one part of Coorg to another in a decently powered car is something everyone has to experience. 70-100 on the windy twisties with greenery all around and the smell of nature sans pollution.

Driving to KushalNagar with some friends this MayDay early morning. Anyone going to Coorg this weekend?-See you there.
Old 28th April 2009, 07:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

the meat of any travelogue are the pictures do add them , the report is very crisp and nicely written but do spice them up with the pictures.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:03   #9
VMG
BHPian

1. Road upto Kushalnagar is very good except the first 20km from Srirangapattna.
2. From Kushalnagar to Madikiri is OK and upto Talakavery is also good and good nature veiw on both sides.
In and around roads in Madikiri is OK not bad.
3. Nice road is good. but it is only upto Banergata road. Have to take the exit baneergata road and drive to Husur road thru the city. This has taken more time and traffice also.
4. Food in homestay is very good and Hygienic also. Charges for Veg is
Rs.125/- per head(Roti, side dish, Mixed rice, plain rice, curd, one vegetable and sweet).
5. Our room is in first floor; One big bedroom; small dressing room; bath room; one big living room with one bed and diwan; Tata sky TV;
Charge is Rs 2000/- per night including breakfast.
6. Homestay owner is very friendly and helpfull and they live in ground floor.
7. Homestay - Fieldaway
Address
K. Suma Thimmaiah
P.B. No.20, Chinni Estate
Sunticoppa, N. Kodagu
Ph: 08276-2622267, 261677, 9448561288

NOT ABLE TO UPLOAD PHOTOS - GIVING ERROR SAYING CONTACT ADMINTR.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:08   #10
VMG
BHPian

Homestay is web site with photos

fieldaway

I am getting the following error again while uploading photos.

"Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th April 2009 at 11:49. Reason: Merging posts
Old 28th April 2009, 11:55   #11
BHPian

Quote:
3. Nice road is good. but it is only upto Banergata road. Have to take the exit baneergata road and drive to Husur road thru the city. This has taken more time and traffice also
Bannerghata to Hosur Road is also done, though with some diversions. Check this thread out for latest update.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html
Old 28th April 2009, 20:36   #12
BHPian

@VMG: So you did make your trip. Post more pictures and details.

@Ironwolf: Lots of tbhpians in Coorg this May 1st weekend. How about a small dinner meet or something?Iam going to be there at our homestay.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Homestay is web site with photos

fieldaway

I am getting the following error again while uploading photos.

"Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
Pls write a pm to GTO and he may address your problem. Also go through the the announcements section on how to post pics on tbhp.
Old 29th April 2009, 12:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Short and crisp, but complete with out the pictures. Hope you could upload snaps soon..
Old 29th April 2009, 13:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

@VMG - Nice details. I see Coorg Uncle has a Commander and a MM5x0. Did he let you drive any one of these

Please upload the pics ASAP - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Prince, Sorry sir, looks like plan is getting postponed. Will PM you if plan is on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks