Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 15:38   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
tanveer excellent stuff there man, really takes a lot to get to where you have bin. Surprisingly the horse seems to be running without any issues, touch wood !!

Am sure you have lots more to share and am glued.
Yup, lots more to share. Infact over 20 more pics to share. Picture abhi baaki hai, bahut baaki hai

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Seems like this threat did the trick!
Of course, who wants the wrath of the old man!
Quote:
But talk about the tea pot calling the kettle black! (or is it the other way around!!!)
I think for next installment I will keep you hanging much longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Oh what a wonderful experience, what a great story and what lovely photos.

Driving up a snowy mountain. I would love to do that.

No I would love to be driven up a snowy mountain as I take photos. Did you have chains TSK?
Chains..? What chains? Oh snow chains. Nope. I just have 2 bridgestone duellers with one extreme side of the tread missing, and 2 JK Elanzo taxi special tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Tanveer, the second last picture is just brilliant!
thanks breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Shades of Alistair Maclean! Keep 'em coming
More to come more to come
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
Yeah right ! Who leavs their audience hanging is a very well known fact. so lets not get into that. Mr. Kapsi now you taste your own meds.
Yup, I will make Sam ji taste his medicine for a few hours now.

Quote:
I completly agree with you there... Begalis are certainly the Leaders when it comes to tourism. Proudly i belong to the same pack.

Ok next round please.... I'm wonderfully utilizing my Ideal time during the recession.. Still I'm waiting eagerly. ( Shhhh hope my PM in not reading this.)
[/quote]
You bet. Even at Kalpa, the bengali tourists outnumber people from chd! If I have to go to Sikkim, I will think a million times, but not West Bengal!
Old 13th May 2009, 15:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

those are some mind blowing pics, and so much snow, I just can not resist to be there. You are damn lucky to be there at right time.

I guess your are having a full paisa vasool from your 4X4

Last edited by rkbharat : 13th May 2009 at 15:53.
Old 13th May 2009, 16:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

Tanvir,

I think you should affectionately pat your "white elephant" and give it another name. You finally seem to be having fun with her.

I am keep ing my fingers crossed so that I can have the pleasure of more such travellogues . The phots were simply breathtaking. Cheers
Old 13th May 2009, 16:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

nice writeup,
everyone is hooked up to this thread,
nice pics.
Old 13th May 2009, 16:38   #65
adc
Senior - BHPian

Catched up with travelogue and ice and snow pictures to be amazed at. For me, it somewhat like the flashbacks of North Sikkim but those towering walls of ice among the slushy track is something thats only at Rhotang at this time. In fact, this journey is like a precursor to all those travelling to Leh this year - and Suman-da being among the first batch travellers to take the high road to Leh this May!

Great pictures again, and making a note like - have to do Rhotang at this time of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If I have to go to Sikkim, I will think a million times, but not West Bengal!
Yeah let me know if you can make it next year around April. JSL should be here and we [three of us] can again stand out in front of the Sikkim Police window asking for permits - but as it has been proved again and again - persistence pays!

Last edited by adc : 13th May 2009 at 16:39.
Old 13th May 2009, 16:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

TSK,

You are one lucky guy! Wonderful place and great time you have had.

The grin on your face says it all!
Old 13th May 2009, 16:53   #67
BHPian

Tanveer... this is simply brilliant. Awesome. Looks like heaven, definitely must have felt like it. This is what a Safari is meant to do, this is where it belongs, this is where it looks its best and this is where it should behave its best.

All the bad things i have been hearing about the Safari, all wiped clean by just looking at those amazing pictures.

@ Sam - Those living in glass houses don't throw stones at others houses. (Sounds better in Hindi, though)
Old 13th May 2009, 16:53   #68
Senior - BHPian

The White Elephant did not let you down in such difficult situations and did not make you embarass in front of the BRO's and the other drivers.

3 Cheers to your White Elephant aka The King - Tata Safari
Old 13th May 2009, 17:19   #69
Senior - BHPian

Awesome man! Guys up north are lucky.

I can understand how tricky it would be to drive in snow. When snowing at Denver, my For Focus was totally out of focus. I just remembered how I struggled with that car during that time and I was able to correlate everything that you said.

All said and done, I would like to do Rohtang Pass some time in a year or two.
Old 13th May 2009, 17:27   #70
Senior - BHPian

Awesome travelogue Tanveer, looking at these pics (& few older travelogues) now I know why you were so keen on a 4X4 & rightly so. You are fully utilising the potential of the Truck.

Waiting for more pics

Quote:
The canon is a great tool to stop snowballs. First you shoot the snowball. If it does not stop, the camera will stop it you see
Old 13th May 2009, 17:59   #71
Senior - BHPian

Great going Tanveer. Superb pictures. Yeah the BRO guys do relent at times especially since he lost those ZEN guys he would be ready to make amends with a vehicle that he thinks can withstand the brutal track. Plus sending you up would probably save him from going to recover the ZEN. Except at Rohtang Army mans the ascent and descent at many of the major passes and they are usually more strict and cruel when it comes to dealing with Bhagodas.
All in all you got what you sought and full paisa vasool for the 4X4. Cheers.
Old 13th May 2009, 19:16   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely pictures and narration. Enough to make yo feel as if I was there. Brrr...oh damn some one set the a/c at 20degree///!!
Old 13th May 2009, 19:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

Tsk.
Thou art brave. And the trust thou demonstrateth in the beast hath paid off in style!
Thou art a good teller of tales and clicker of pics.
Thou art making me swoon. And green.
Awesome!
Old 13th May 2009, 19:58   #74
Team-BHP Support

Great stuff Tanveer!. More pictures to come? They better come!

Observations: You were shivering and your wife's picture tells that. On the other hand your wife's shots of yours are nice. You never looked so good before.
Old 13th May 2009, 23:11   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Tanvir,

I think you should affectionately pat your "white elephant" and give it another name. You finally seem to be having fun with her.

I am keep ing my fingers crossed so that I can have the pleasure of more such travellogues . The phots were simply breathtaking. Cheers
I call it the white elephant affectionately. And every time before starting I pat her affectionately. IF she gets angry, then you are in serious trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Awesome man! Guys up north are lucky.

I can understand how tricky it would be to drive in snow. When snowing at Denver, my For Focus was totally out of focus. I just remembered how I struggled with that car during that time and I was able to correlate everything that you said.

All said and done, I would like to do Rohtang Pass some time in a year or two.
Do it before June or after september, without snow its boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Awesome travelogue Tanveer, looking at these pics (& few older travelogues) now I know why you were so keen on a 4X4 & rightly so. You are fully utilising the potential of the Truck.

Waiting for more pics

More pics coming tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Great going Tanveer. Superb pictures. Yeah the BRO guys do relent at times especially since he lost those ZEN guys he would be ready to make amends with a vehicle that he thinks can withstand the brutal track. Plus sending you up would probably save him from going to recover the ZEN. Except at Rohtang Army mans the ascent and descent at many of the major passes and they are usually more strict and cruel when it comes to dealing with Bhagodas.
All in all you got what you sought and full paisa vasool for the 4X4. Cheers.
Well the BRO guys were not lenient. If it had not been raining, they would have caught hold of both Bhagodas.
And since its not near the border, BRO guys let occasional bhagodas pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Lovely pictures and narration. Enough to make yo feel as if I was there. Brrr...oh damn some one set the a/c at 20degree///!!
even 20 degree feels hot when I see these pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Tsk.
Thou art brave. And the trust thou demonstrateth in the beast hath paid off in style!
Thou art a good teller of tales and clicker of pics.
Thou art making me swoon. And green.
Awesome!
Thanks zenx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Great stuff Tanveer!. More pictures to come? They better come!

Observations: You were shivering and your wife's picture tells that. On the other hand your wife's shots of yours are nice. You never looked so good before.
Well I was dodging snowballs. Difficult to keep steady. the 350D is very small, I think the MK III will be better for defending against snowballs .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks