Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 20:18   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

As of 23/07/2010, the above problems have been rectified. So it should be problem free for a couple of months.

Yes. More than local rains, if the hills get rain, all the smaller dams become full and water is let off. That causes the flooding in this spot on the road.

All low lying areas of Kuattanad off this road are flooded.
came through sh11 today. saw waterlogging at one place. still the surface is ok
Old 26th July 2010, 15:56   #62
BHPian

Have a few questions

Will some be kind enough to answer them.

1. Is there any norm for the height of the foot over brides constructed over the canals? (If I understand correctly they are so high to let the boats to travel through them)

2. Are the end of the road sides marked properly as some time due to flooding it will be difficult to know where the road side ends and where the fields start?
Old 26th July 2010, 17:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
1. Is there any norm for the height of the foot over brides constructed over the canals? (If I understand correctly they are so high to let the boats to travel through them)
I do not know whether there are any norms for sure, but should be as most of them are constructed to some prefixed height etc. Very few of them are wide enough for small cars to cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
2. Are the end of the road sides marked properly as some time due to flooding it will be difficult to know where the road side ends and where the fields start?
That work is in progress. There are Aramco type barriers in some places. Cat eyes (white in the middle and red at the edges) and reflective lane markings for the roads. Not complete, though.

In the day time, that is really not a problem as there are culverts and bridges almost in regular intervals and so the road layout can be identified. Most of it is straight, anyway. After dark, there would be problems as streetlights are only in junctions / populated areas.

The worst aspect is the retaining of narrow bridges / culverts even after widening the road to four lane width.
Old 19th March 2012, 01:29   #64
BHPian

Re: Sh11

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post

That work is in progress. There are Aramco type barriers in some places. Cat eyes (white in the middle and red at the edges) and reflective lane markings for the roads. Not complete, though.

Saudi Aramco you mean?? Have you been there? My father is an Aramco Veteran.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks