Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 15:15   #16
BHPian

DAY 3
Today we need to headed towards Bangalore. Took bath and finished our Breakfast. The resort manager offered a visit to a near by Ayurvedshala. We agreed and went the Ayurvedshala. Looked around the places and find to be a very interesting how they treat people. Took some snap and came back to resort. Now its time to say Good Bye to the Resort. Settled the amount and headed towards Bangalore. Decided to go VIA Nagarhole wild forest.

Inside the Cottage (2nd Floor)

Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-002.jpg
Resort Entrance

Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-045.jpg
Ayurvedshala

Near By River

Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-020.jpg

Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-048.jpg

Tholpetty Forest

Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-056.jpg

Inside Nagarhole Forest

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wayanad 056.JPG
Views:	3316
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	162018
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-079.jpg
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-082.jpg
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-085.jpg
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-089.jpg
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-109.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-024.jpg  

Last edited by arin_12 : 21st July 2009 at 15:16.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Arindam, Cool snaps. Just wondering about the title, Do you mean "Falls" or "Island"
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:59   #18
BHPian

Good snaps there!
I had been to kuruva Island recently, but never saw the canteen inside! It could be because I never got a guide with me and never saw any sign board too about it.
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Arindam, Cool snaps. Just wondering about the title, Do you mean "Falls" or "Island"
Its Island not Falls. By mistake I wrote that. After posting I realized. Dont know how to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
Good snaps there!
I had been to kuruva Island recently, but never saw the canteen inside! It could be because I never got a guide with me and never saw any sign board too about it.
You need to cross the river/the water bed inside the Island to go there. The guide just took 100/- Fixed and he took us all inside the Island. Worth paying him.
Old 23rd July 2009, 06:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics there Arindam, well written as well.

Abhi
Old 26th November 2009, 19:33   #21
BHPian

Hi Arin, we have booked the pepper green resorts on 5th and 6th december and indeed got 15% off on mentioning that i'm a team bhp member. We are around 12 guys and planning to go in 2 swifts and a scorpio. The only challenge we have now is, we are planning to leave on Friday night and reach there by saturday morning(dont want to waste time by travelling in day time!!). On enquiry we have found that there is a route in which we can travel in the night.
Bangalore -> Srirangapatna -> Hunsur -> Gonikuppa -> Kutta -> Tholpetty-> kattikulam and finally pepper green resorts.

want to know about the road condition and if we can travel in the nights in these areas. I'm aware that the Nagarhole forest route is closed from 6am to 6pm, planning to take that route while coming back to bangalore.

And one more query on the resort, is it located in the kuruva islands or close to it? what all places can we see around here???
Old 29th November 2009, 14:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
want to know about the road condition and if we can travel in the nights in these areas. I'm aware that the Nagarhole forest route is closed from 6am to 6pm, planning to take that route while coming back to bangalore.

And one more query on the resort, is it located in the kuruva islands or close to it? what all places can we see around here???
I think u have already got all the query on the Road Condition. Avoid night driving in that route. I faced a very big problem as the Nagarhole was closed while I reached Hunsur ...

This resort is just around 2-3KM from the Island. I will suggest you to take a guide and explore the Island. This resort is very nice, so enjoy the stay there too You can see the pics.
Near by place we can visit
1. Pookot lake
2. Safari in Tholpetty
3. A Jain Temple.
4. Cave.
Old 29th November 2009, 17:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

No doubt, very nice scenery and nice photographs
but most exciting is the CANTEEN !
one may not have seen a canteen like this

Cheers
Old 30th November 2009, 13:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I think u have already got all the query on the Road Condition. Avoid night driving in that route. I faced a very big problem as the Nagarhole was closed while I reached Hunsur ...
Thanks Arin.. I have decided to start early in the morning, wont risk taking these bad roads in my swift Have seen all your pics and very nice place indeed cant wait to get there soon!!
Old 7th December 2009, 14:20   #25
BHPian

Back from the trip to kuruva islands with loads of fun. As mentioned earlier the resort was very good and makes you forget all the pain taken to reach there The roads till Kutta through Nagarhole are very good , but from Kutta till the resort there arent any roads , took almost 2 hours to reach from kutta to kuruva islands

Thanks for suggesting this resort,it was a very nice experience

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks