Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 20:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
hey nice. waiting for the REAL deal

btw - up till now, i've been pretty much the only one recommending jitender to everyone! Who sent you to jitender paaji?
Thanks Buddy, From BCMT i got refrence for Jitender. Is it you who put post there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Great to see that you have completed the tour successfully.

A Bullet bike tour brings all the memories back and surely again someday will have to do at least once more a hill tour on a Bullet.

Anyway, do post some good pictures and details.
Thanks adc and sure i'll put good pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
good going akash, journey started in a good way, waiting for other parts as well, do post more pictures and details to share.I love the noise of indian harley on highways, they have their own manner to conquer the road.
Thanks Vijay for complement. Little busy, but tomorrow i'll post some more travelogue and pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Interesting pictures and a nice travelogue.

Oy, good old Jitender! That guy really knows his bikes and my bike goes ONLY there!
Thanks buddy. Seems you guys all know Jitender before. Yes he is a no nonsense guy and from my experience i learnt he keeps his word and very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babupaul View Post
Deleted - oops wrong post, btw congrats!
Deleted what? Thanks for complement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
What no helmets? Or was that only for photo op?

LOL tea with your feet in water. Wonder how they prevent those tables from floating away?
That was good idea sipping tea while putting your feet in cold water.

Last edited by akas_chauhan : 29th July 2009 at 20:45.
Old 29th July 2009, 21:37   #17
BHPian

Akas, Very Scenic. Awaiting to see more pics. I have rode pillion with my friend for one of Bullet trips from RTMC (Royal thunder Motorcycle Club). Its amazing man and planning to pickup a Electra very soon Insha Allah.
Old 29th July 2009, 22:05   #18
BHPian

Date 13th July 2009
Start Ride time: 9:15AM
End time: 8:30PM
To: PATSIO
Issue: Stuck for couple of minutes in one NULLAH in the evening before PATSIO

Started from Manali after filling petrol in both the bikes and extra petrol in jarkin at 9:15 AM. There wqas some accident near Mall road between a Bike and Auto. The bike guys hand was bleeding.Rohtang road is a pain in A**. The trucks, Sumos, private cars with last nights rain made the road muddy. 2-3 times i was loosing balance in sleepery road. I was little bit more careful now. There were traffic jams and some times there is not even space for bike to cross, so no option had to wait for space to pass through.

Reached Rohtang at 11AM. Waited for Manu. Manu came after 30 minutes or so. Met some guys from Kolkata, tehey were 11 guys in 7 bullets. some guys compalining about Heavy heads in Rohtang pass. Gave them some Diamox and told them it'll take around 24 hours to effect and suggest them to descend from Rohtang top ASAP. Those guys were from some bullet clubs from Kolkata. When they asked me which club i belonged to, i replied None. I'm in leasure trip to Leh with my friend.

Manu and me left Rohtang at 12PM.Roads were terrible. Bullet is still reliableas of now except lacking power at high altitude areas.Took lot of photo breaks. Met Kolkata bullet gang and other mumbai guys in SUMO whom we met last night.Reached Keylong at 2:15PM. Had a good lunch.Called home from PCO and informed i may not cal them for another 1-2 days. Resumed from Keylong at 3 PM. We had to cross a NULLAH just after Keylong. IN the process of crossing NULLAH i put my both feet in water. Though i had another pair of shoe i did not change the shoe. Just changed the shocks and started again.

Now Ride became intersting, snow capped mountains, barren landscapes, Greenery, blue sky and mostly Dusty bad roads.Reached JISPA at around 5PM, manu said he's tired and lacking enthu to move further. I gave him one Red Bull and asked to start. We chatted with local people in JISPA for around an hour, had some tea and then resumed at 6PM.Planned to reach BHARATPUR, but 2 NULLAH with high force water forced to wet my feet. I was stock for couple of minutes in one NULLAH after DARCHA. While crossing the NULLAH, my front tyre stuckin one ditch, which i could not see and it was difficult to turn the tyre to left due to high water pressure. some how manged to cross, but those 2 minutes were too cold for my feet. I had to change my shoe now.

Reached PATSIO at 8:30PM. Manu suggested to stay in PATSIO guest house. We went to guest house, found it decent at least considering middle of no where.PATSIO means "MOUNTAIN FLOWER". Watchman told us this guest house is more than 100 years old. He provided one lantern and some how i liked that guest house. At 9:30 PM went to one of tent for food (Watchman alrady ordered for our food in that tent).Had ROTI, Dal, ALU GOBI.Chated with tent owner returned to guest houseat 10:15PM.Slept at 11:30PM with plan of leaving this place by 8AM tomorrow and reach Leh. Let's C.

Pictures will follow.
Old 29th July 2009, 22:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

waiting for more pics

@Akas - all the 10 references to jitender paaji on BCMT have been posted by only one person

So someone does read some of the posts I do!
Old 30th July 2009, 09:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
waiting for more pics

@Akas - all the 10 references to jitender paaji on BCMT have been posted by only one person

So someone does read some of the posts I do!
Oh OK, now i get. Pictures will follow now.
Old 30th July 2009, 19:06   #21
BHPian

Pictures in Manali PATSIO road.

Small Accident near MAll Road, Manali.

Into the Wild-dsc00060.jpg

Near Rohtang Pass

Into the Wild-dsc00061.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00062.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00064.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00065.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00066.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00068.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00070.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00073.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00074.jpg
Old 30th July 2009, 22:32   #22
BHPian

Just After KEYLONG

Into the Wild-dsc00132.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00134.jpg

Near and In JISPA

Into the Wild-dsc00149.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00153.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00156.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00158.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00159.jpg

AFTER DARCHA

Into the Wild-dsc00160.jpg

Name:  DSC00167.JPG
Views: 616
Size:  134.8 KB

Into the Wild-dsc00170.jpg
Old 30th July 2009, 22:50   #23
BHPian

Keep Riding on Man!!!, don't stop, still more place to explore (I mean don't stop putting pics, keeping adding in the thread

I am just enjoying it, Thanks for the pics
Old 31st July 2009, 23:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Keep Riding on Man!!!, don't stop, still more place to explore (I mean don't stop putting pics, keeping adding in the thread

I am just enjoying it, Thanks for the pics
Thanks Vinay. Surely i'll post more.
Old 31st July 2009, 23:42   #25
BHPian

Some more Near JISPA.

Into the Wild-dsc00142.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00143.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00145.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00146.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00147.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00151.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00154.jpg

Into the Wild-dsc00157.jpg
Old 1st September 2009, 01:15   #26
BHPian

Held up in work ever since i returned.
Here are some more.

Date 14th July 2009
Start Ride time: 10:00AM
End time: 10:00PM
To: UPSI
Issue: 1 Fall, gas shock absorber leaked. Crossed Tangla with barely 5 meters visibility at 8:30PM.
Got up at 6:50 AM. Went to open toilet, you do not expect toilets here, do you? It was obviously chilled outside. Packed my saddle bags, put them on my bike and went to the same tent where last night i had diner.Had Chapati and Omlette. Returned back, but saw BRO persons repairing a bridge. Waited 10 minutes there. After bridge repair went to guest house and start with Manu at 10AM. Road till ZINGZINGBar is Ok. After that some bad roads and then start ascending toward Baralacha Pass. Midway to Baralacha Pass spotted couple of foreigners on a bullet, there bike giving some problem. Asked them to ride before me, so if any issue we'll be behind to help them.

On Baralacha top plenty of snow, i've been to places where it snows heavily, but seeing snow in your own country and riding your own bike on those roads make you feel good. Plenty of pictures there and then descended down. Manu was ahead as he was not clicking much pictures. Caught Manu at Sarchu, went inside tent and he was having Roti and Mutton there. I waited there for some time and then resumed riding. I guess it was around 1 PM when we reached Sarchu.

There are quite some trucks now and overtaking them was bit tedious on narrow roads. Now i was riding on Famous GATA LOOPS, saw one truck met with accident , chatted with the helper of the truck, he was there in that truck since last 2 days. I ahd one Energy bar, thought i'll give him that, but again thought i've not ate anything since morning, may be need this one. This accident was on 4th or 5th loop of GATA. In Gata LOOP unexpected happened.

I was trying to overtake one truck from left side in one turning (MY Bad). When i just overtook the truck suddenly saw one truck descending down and if i do not brake truck might hit my bike. Engaged front disc brake, it did it's jb, but the road had lot of small metal chips. Bike skidded and my FIRST FALL on GATA LOOP. suddenly all the truckers came out, picked my bike and asked how am i doing? Thanks to CRAMSTER riding gears i was not hurt at all, except some pain on my right elbow. I thanked them and took some pictures there. Manu caught up wih me and i informed about the accident. After this accident right foot rest bent, Right leg guard bent and my rear gas shock absorber leaked. SO now it's pain to ride almost 200 KG bike without rear suspension.

I ate the energy bar and resumed journey. After sometime i'm used to the bent foot rest and with not much trouble i was riding, now little cautious to trucks and metal chips. It was around 5PM we reached PANG. we made our first entry in PANG military check post. Military person told to stay and PANG. however i made up my mind, i'll ride either till UPSHI or LEH, as i was not sure how much gas leaked from rear shock absorber and a night stay might cause the matter worse next day. We reached MOORE PLAINS and it's snap time and took any track and moved on. Manu was Skeptical about riding during night on TANGLA as he has power lenses on his glass. There were lot of dusts and it was apin to maintain speed in MOORE plains due to lot os dusts, read dried muds. I'm sure air filter must took lot of beating here.
At one point i saw Manu stopped and Switched his bike's headlight. I returned back to him thinking he's facing some issue, however he told me he'll go back to PANG and stay there. Without wasting any time i told carry on, but i'm moving further and started.

Now it was me and when i started ascending TANGLA it's around 7:30 PM. it was bit difficult and scary to ride alone without any bikes or trucks in front or behind you. While i was ascending TANGLA saw some trucks ascending and quickly overtook them to make sure if something goes wrong somebody is behind me. When i reached TANGLA top it was almost 5M visibility and night and to make matter worse started snowinging. I could not even spotted any of those truck lights whom i overtook. I was now riding on right most side of road as i could not see much. It was cold , I've missed my lunch and feeling little down morally. Anyway i think by 8:30PM i descended down and went to a tent, had some maggie and tea. I did not like spending night in that tent as it was quite cold. So resumed and reached UPSHI at 10PM. Did not have much energy left and felt stomach upset there.

Searched for hotel, got one shady place to stay for 200 bucks. Removed my dresses, it was all muddy and my shoe sole was almost kind of removed form one shoe. Did not eat anything and took stomach upset medicine had some electral water. Went to toilet 3 times, thank god toilet was inside, though it was Indian one, it did not matter that time.

Day-4 Long Ride over. Did not know how many KM over and what speed i was riding, as my speedometer was not working.
Old 1st September 2009, 01:27   #27
BHPian

Some pictures enroute Baralacha, Sarchu.
Attached Thumbnails
Into the Wild-dsc00227.jpg  

Into the Wild-dsc00237.jpg  

Into the Wild-dsc00253.jpg  

Into the Wild-dsc00256.jpg  

Into the Wild-dsc00259.jpg  

Into the Wild-dsc00261.jpg  

Into the Wild-dsc00267.jpg  

Into the Wild-dsc00272.jpg  

Into the Wild-dsc00291.jpg  

Into the Wild-dsc00309.jpg  

Old 1st September 2009, 02:20   #28
BHPian

spectacular experience. Hope to ape you next year. I flew to leh this year to see what it was all about. Next year even if i have to leave job, i will do it- either on bike, or gypsy or if nothing else my zen
Old 1st September 2009, 15:07   #29
BHPian

Nice pictures and nice report i just cant wait for the next post, from the pictures i see what a tough ride you must have had, well your experience deserves one big CONGRATULATIONS! As mentioned please keep the pics and posts coming !
Old 1st September 2009, 16:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Nice pictures and nice report i just cant wait for the next post, from the pictures i see what a tough ride you must have had, well your experience deserves one big CONGRATULATIONS! As mentioned please keep the pics and posts coming !
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
spectacular experience. Hope to ape you next year. I flew to leh this year to see what it was all about. Next year even if i have to leave job, i will do it- either on bike, or gypsy or if nothing else my zen
Thank you.
I'll soon resume posting pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks