Team-BHP - Bangalore - Cochin - Thekkady - Alleppy - Cochin - Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Bangalore - Cochin - Thekkady - Alleppy - Cochin - Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/62735-bangalore-cochin-thekkady-alleppy-cochin-bangalore.html)

Hi,

I am very excited to post my first travelogue experience at Team BHP.

Dates: 01-05 AUG

Initially the plan was to do Coastal Karnataka inspired by the travelogue of Dream Diesel. However, Samurai suggested against doing it now due to rains & bad roads. Also I am tagging along wifey and 5 month infant. Hence dropped the plan and prepared for an alternate trip.

I am doing Bangalore - cochin mainly because my brother stay's there and he will be joining us from there on.

MY DRIVE: M 800 AC MPFI

DAY : 1- Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Salem - Coimbatore - Palakkad - Thrissur - Cochin. (Halt at Brother's Place)

Day: 2 - Cochin - Thekkady (accomodation booked at Periyar House)

Day: 3 - Thekkady - Alleppy (Booked a House Boat till 04th morning)

Day: 4 - Alleppy - Cochin (Some shopping for ladies here)

Day: 5 - Cochin - Bangalore

Trip is more revolving around Cochin as brother stays there and will easy & relaxing for wifey & infant at bro's place.

Will post other details after the trip.

Happy motering friend. Hope the rains in Kerala does not spoil you trip.

Lot of rains in Kerala. Hope that does not become a spoilsport. Check the weather before venturing. Have a safe trip !

Back from the trip.

Great weather with no rains. My good luck here. Had a good time over all except bad roads in between.

Will post the details in next few days time as I am too tired now.

Hello,
Waiting for pictures.

Looking forward to the travel blog!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR (Post 1418566)
Back from the trip.

Great weather with no rains. My good luck here. Had a good time over all except bad roads in between.

Will post the details in next few days time as I am too tired now.

bad roads ? could you tell us where ...

I am back with my travelogue. Started at 5:20am from Hutchins Road, Cooke Town and reached Hosur in an hour's time. Reached the Adyar anada Bhavan after Dharmapuri at 8:00am.

Stopped for breakfat till 8:45am. Reached Salem around 10:00am. From Salem, took the road towards coimbatore. About 25 kms after Salem, had to pass through a bad stretch of road.

The below picture says it all.

Had small stop to have tender coconut water at Avinashi on the roadside as the weather was warm compared to bangalore.

Reached Palakkad at 2:00pm and stopped for lunch at Hotel Chanakya on Palakkad-Thrissur Road. Lunch break was for 45 mins and then we started again.

On the Palakkad Thrissur road, few streatches were bad due to the monsoon. Reached Cochin city around 6:00pm and brother's house at Vinayaka Nagar by 7:00pm due to traffic.

Over all Door to Door was 570 Kms in 30 Litres of Petrol with 25% AC on.

Have posted a picture of a bad stretch on Palakkad - Thrissur road.

The second picture is of my car when we were at Palakkad, it was in a bad condition. Had got it serviced at Mandovi in bangalore before leaving to cochin.

Day: 2

Cochin - Changanassery - Kumily - Thekkady - 198 KMS

Started at 9:15 am from Brother's house after a good sleep and breakfast. This drive was planned very slow as we wanted to have a good time.

Stopped before Changanassery for some good picture opportunities and headed forwarded. Stopped in between after Kanjirapally for some Ice cream on the road side Auto ICE Cream stall. Reached Thekkady around 2:30pm, checked into Periyar House inside the jungle, had a quick lunch and headed for boating at Periyar Lake.

Periyar House cost per day was Rs.1850/- + Tax for a couple under MAP plan (Breakfast + Dinner Included).

Boating was arranged by the Hotel staff. Boarded the Kerala Tourism boat and were soon into Periyar Lake. The experience was simply amazing and quite exciting. We saw few Wild Boars, Elephants, Sambhar Deer & Cheetal.

Came back to the room around 6:00pm. Have posted few pics below on the road from Changanassery to Thekkady, Periyar Lake & Wild elephants which we spotted.

Will post the rest of travelogue in a day or two, some guests have arrived now at home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR (Post 1423458)
I am back with my travelogue. Started at 5:20am from Hutchins Road, Cooke Town ...

SBR,

You live on Hutchins Road? What part of it? I live at the beginning of the street (towards Pottery Road).

Regards
Rex

Bad stretch between Palghat - Trichur looks like the turns before Irumbu Palam before hiting Kuthiran Kayattam? Every year roads used to go very bad there

Waiting for more, SBR. Can you post a few pics of Periyar House? I had stayed there for a couple of days in my childhood and have fond memories. Wonder if the place is still good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rex_varghese (Post 1424312)
SBR,

You live on Hutchins Road? What part of it? I live at the beginning of the street (towards Pottery Road).

Regards
Rex

I live at Hutchins Corner apts near North road Jn. You can always spot my M 800 MPFI white color parked in the building parking lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadadhar (Post 1424848)
Bad stretch between Palghat - Trichur looks like the turns before Irumbu Palam before hiting Kuthiran Kayattam? Every year roads used to go very bad there

True. Roads have become bad after the monsoon. The same road was much better when I had driven last in Jan 2007.