Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 06:39   #31
Team-BHP Support

Please check. Sometimes the Top Slip roads may be closed.
Old 24th June 2010, 14:52   #32
BHPian

Great Snaps of the Forest Route. Been meaning to do this trip for a couple of years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Great photos and great trip. The waterfalls snaps reminded me of a Tamil Movie Punnagai Mannan, where Kamal and rekha (not the hindi one) leap from top in the opening scene.
Same Falls MX6. Athirapally only...
Old 6th November 2017, 09:41   #33
BHPian

Trichur chennai route advice

I am planning a road trip to Chennai on 10th Nov’17 from Trichur. My basic route is Trichur>Pallakad>Salem>ulundurpet>tindivanam>cheng alpattu>maduravoyal>kilpauk. I would appreciate if someone could advise me if it’s safe to do the trip, due to the heavy rains in Chennai and probably water logging on the roads. I am also planning on a side trip from Chennai to Mahabalipuram, so I have to take the road condition for that trip too. Any advice in this matter would be most welcome, as I have hotel bookings which will have to be changed if my trip has to be postponed. Thanks in advance.
Old 6th November 2017, 13:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trichur chennai route advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
I am planning a road trip to Chennai on 10th Nov’17 from Trichur.
If your question is only about driving and waterlogging, then there is nothing to be worried about. I drove to work on Friday (the morning following the 300 mm downpour) in almost dry roads, the only place that had standing water was ankle deep. This morning it was all clear.

Its on-off rains since Saturday and this would further subside from Wednesday as the low pressure moves inland for some rains in interior TN. So there are chances of rain on your drive into Madras.

If you don't have outdoor activities planned, you will face no problems. Beaches will be like how west coast beaches are during SW monsoons (since you mentioned Mahabs).
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 13:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

If you don't have outdoor activities planned, you will face no problems. Beaches will be like how west coast beaches are during SW monsoons (since you mentioned Mahabs).
That was what I too presumed the scene would be, but my wife was worried a bit and did not want us stranded anywhere. The weather reports are also quite clear, but your report has cleared my doubts.
Old 6th November 2017, 18:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
That was what I too presumed the scene would be, but my wife was worried a bit and did not want us stranded anywhere.
City schools might start functioning from tomorrow or day after at the most. That's the best indicator you'll get They've been overcautious to put it mildly.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks