Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 09:45   #46
BHPian

Nice pictures of the Linea, i think the name of the chinese restaurant that you went is Shinkos,its been there for a long time.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:24   #47
BHPian

The Black linea does look awesome. Especially on green grass.

On my recent drive from Pune-Bangalore a silver Linea was right on my tail( I was driving a Corolla ) and I am not sure of the general opinion that Linea is a bit under powered. With right gear shift, it can give a run for money to any bigger cars.

Nainar
Old 31st August 2009, 11:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Vinay - Superb snaps and well written. Many thanks for my introduction and including Elantra snaps. For other BHPians, I am Bobby Vinay's fellow traveller for this trip. Travelogue may not be complete with out a mention about the rains we had in Mysore on the way back. It was like Kerala monsoon and we were forced to stop for some time. I was happy to follow Vinay's tail lamps (not to lead from the front) but Vinay didn't want to risk his Linea.

Majic - Yep, that is Shinkos. The quality of their food has come down over period, but not the quantity, so we had lot of leftovers

Saw mention about the old non CRDI Scorpio can take this stretch on 2nd gear. You are spot on, I have done the stretch on old Scorpio and it was a breeze on 2nd gear. I had to sift my Elantra CRDI to 1st on few bends where the turbo failed to kickin. Other trouble on this road when few other cars before us failed to copeup with the climb (don't want to mention the makes since it is due to bad driving and nothing to do with the vehicle)
Old 31st August 2009, 11:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Nice pictures of the Linea, i think the name of the chinese restaurant that you went is Shinkos,its been there for a long time.
OT. It has to be Shinkows, even I feel the same.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:05   #50
BHPian

Hi,

The portfolio pictures taken are really awesome. Good to know that you came across some of the actors in the hotel. Did you take any pictures with them. If yes, could you please post it.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:51   #51
BHPian

Nice pics and hope you had a good time.
I just love to drive on Kalhatty ghats. I have done this stretch up the road in 52 mins in my old 98 model Maruthi 800.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:16   #52
BHPian

Hello, good that you experienced the Kerala Monsoon in Mysore, well must have been quite a ride through Banipur in the rain, any luck seeing any animals.

Shinkos, i believe has been there from the mid eighties, when i was a student in Ooty, have been there a couple of times, at that point anything outside the school mess is good food! There was also another place ( not chinese), it was by the name of Tandoor Mahal , i don't know whether it is still there or not. But for sure on the next drive please don't missout on buying chocolate fudges from King Star Bakery.

Cheers , please do post any pictures that you may have.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Hello, good that you experienced the Kerala Monsoon in Mysore, well must have been quite a ride through Banipur in the rain, any luck seeing any animals.

Shinkos, i believe has been there from the mid eighties, when i was a student in Ooty, have been there a couple of times, at that point anything outside the school mess is good food! There was also another place ( not chinese), it was by the name of Tandoor Mahal , i don't know whether it is still there or not. But for sure on the next drive please don't missout on buying chocolate fudges from King Star Bakery.

Cheers , please do post any pictures that you may have.
You know all the right places on where to feast at Ootacamund.
Old 1st September 2009, 16:21   #54
BHPian

Hi beejay, i take that as a compliment, but then back then these places were the talk of the town, and being in the same school for 11 years , you tend to hear more about the best places where the food is good. Its been almost a decade since i had left the place, i am planning on one trip very soon. Cheers !
Old 11th September 2009, 19:54   #55
BHPian

congratulations

Your black Fiat Linea looks fantastic. Keep travel ling, and publish beautiful photos as always you do. Take care.
Old 11th September 2009, 20:49   #56
BHPian

Nice narrative. Very nice photographs also.
Old 13th September 2009, 21:25   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
IMHO, another factor is how prone one's passengers are to car sickness .

Thankfully, as soon as I spotted the chameleon-like change happening next to me, I quickly moved to the 'changing to 1st gear before the turn' approach and found it much better for the engine as well.
A very effective visual control indeed to change gears at the appropriate moment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks