Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2009, 17:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Nice photologue.

OT here but who will teach express way driving behaviour? There seems to be no reason for this guy to be fast lane. Looking at the picture he would be best in the slow lane and safer too for every one concerned.
absolutely true , but this is something which we all get used to aftre having earned some amount of mileage on our highways we just honk and pass them by the left side . Yes its extremely dangerous for everyone involved but i for one wud not wanot to get into a fight with this guy and waste my time fighting on the road - just move on..
Old 26th September 2009, 18:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
absolutely true , but this is something which we all get used to aftre having earned some amount of mileage on our highways we just honk and pass them by the left side . Yes its extremely dangerous for everyone involved but i for one wud not wanot to get into a fight with this guy and waste my time fighting on the road - just move on..
Truly, I remember him, as I neared (was crossing 100 then), honked and he looked into his RVM and moved to the side.

Even if you would have asked him to drive in his lane, he would have thought that you are from "Mars", lane!! what lane on indian roads.
Old 26th September 2009, 18:50   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Seriously OT here but "chalta hai" attitude of us all is responsible for what we see. But as I said off topic here.
Old 27th September 2009, 17:48   #19
Team-BHP Support

Very nice pictures and resort also looks nice.

Mahab and Pondy are two places high on my list, but just not been there due to heat. Looking for a suitable time. Will Dec/Jan be a good time?

BTW FYI:

There is a weekly overnight train from Bangalore to Pondy (Garibrath). Only issue is that it starts on friday night from Bangalore for Pondy and starts on a Sat night from Pondy.

Should have been ideal if return was on a Sun.

Anyway why am I speaking about trains to a group of motor fanatics !
Old 27th September 2009, 18:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Very nice pictures and resort also looks nice.

Mahab and Pondy are two places high on my list, but just not been there due to heat. Looking for a suitable time. Will Dec/Jan be a good time?
You would be surprised that the weather is not so hot & sticky (as long as you dont stand in the sun), even I was thinking that I will sweat etc there but we spent hours sitting in their lobby, reading magazines, enjoying our drinks and not feeling uncomfortable et al, that too without the fan. The breeze flowing from the sea was good enough.
Old 27th September 2009, 18:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You would be surprised that the weather is not so hot & sticky (as long as you dont stand in the sun), even I was thinking that I will sweat etc there but we spent hours sitting in their lobby, reading magazines, enjoying our drinks and not feeling uncomfortable et al, that too without the fan. The breeze flowing from the sea was good enough.
Wow ! That is great. I will try it out then. I plan to finish Tiruannamalai on the way to Pondy. Need to plan it out. The current plan is Kerala in Dec.

Most Viewed