Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 13:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

wow the last pic is great!

How was the crowd at both the temples? since it was a long weekend?

I mostly will be visiting both Hornadu & Sringeri next week on my way back from Mangalore...
Old 29th September 2009, 14:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
wow the last pic is great!

How was the crowd at both the temples? since it was a long weekend?

I mostly will be visiting both Hornadu & Sringeri next week on my way back from Mangalore...
Thank you Lohit. Crowd at Sringeri was huge due to start of navaratri and the Goddess Sharada Devi was decorated beautifully. The entire temple was full inside.

The crowd at Horanadu was also more but it is always manageable. The trick here is to reach the temple for darshan between 3-5 pm and with in 5-10 minutes you will have the darshan. There is hardly any crowd in the afternoons.

Now that the navaratri is over, but due to the long weekend, you can expect crowd in both the places.

I also like to thank muralisk, tmnraghu78, MCR for their greetings.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:58   #18
BHPian

Beautiful pics mate,

Brought back fond memories when we used to visit all these places regulary when my mama (maternal uncle) lived in shimoga. Traveling and transporting your car on a barg must be an experience in itself. As a kid, I was always petrified seeing so many people and buses (private cars taking this route were rare then) on the barg and the way the boat swayed due the whirlpools.
Nice pics and travelog - keep it flowing
Old 29th September 2009, 21:59   #19
BHPian

Superb travelouge Indian Ranger, looking at the awesome pictures i think i will definitely like to visit Kollur, Sringeri & Horanadu this year itself. This was on the agenda for next year.
Old 30th September 2009, 11:04   #20
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue and great pics!

BTW, Indian Ranger happens to be my colleague at office. While I have been planning my trip and routes to the same places for close to a month. my good friend informed me on a Thursday that he was travelling the next day and just took off and finished the trip. No planning nothing.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Beautiful pics mate,

Brought back fond memories when we used to visit all these places regulary when my mama (maternal uncle) lived in shimoga. Traveling and transporting your car on a barg must be an experience in itself. As a kid, I was always petrified seeing so many people and buses (private cars taking this route were rare then) on the barg and the way the boat swayed due the whirlpools.
Nice pics and travelog - keep it flowing
Thanks a lot arunu and yes the experience of travelling in the barge along itself was fun, more for my daughter who is so attracted to water and always wants to play. The ride was for 15-20 minutes and was worth all the wait.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv-Bang View Post
Superb travelouge Indian Ranger, looking at the awesome pictures i think i will definitely like to visit Kollur, Sringeri & Horanadu this year itself. This was on the agenda for next year.
Thank you Rajiv and the drive to these places is really worth it. The time I went, the weather was perfect and rain never played a spoil sport. The entire route I took was lush green and trust me, I did not feel tired at all inspite of being in a car which is not mean for highway travel.

Happy journey.
Old 6th October 2009, 15:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Great narration of a great trip with superb pictures. I never knew there were so many places in the interior forest of Karnataka in the vicinity of Jog Falls.
Old 7th October 2009, 12:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roameo View Post
Wonderful travelogue and great pics!

BTW, Indian Ranger happens to be my colleague at office. While I have been planning my trip and routes to the same places for close to a month. my good friend informed me on a Thursday that he was travelling the next day and just took off and finished the trip. No planning nothing.
Thank you Roameo,

I am waiting for your travelogue now. Do post the same fast.
Old 8th October 2009, 10:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Great narration of a great trip with superb pictures. I never knew there were so many places in the interior forest of Karnataka in the vicinity of Jog Falls.
Thank you vnabhi, Western ghats are full of wonders and there are so many places to visit. All the trips are worth since the journey itself to these places is memorable.
Old 14th October 2009, 20:52   #26
BHPian

Hi Ranger!

I was planning to visit Horanadu, do you suggest the Tumkur Arisekere Chikmagalur route or Kunigal, Hassan, Chikmagalur, BaleHonnur Route?

Regards
Hari
Old 15th October 2009, 10:59   #27
BHPian

Hi Hari,

The road till Arsikere via tumkur is decent but I do not have much idea from there to chikmagalur. I usually take Bangalore-Magadi-join Kunigal -Hassan-Chikmagalur because I stay at Bannerghatta road and can bypass the entire city traffic via nice road.

Also there are more places to eat and rest on this route since my kids are small and I might need something in between. Other reason is that I like the route from Hassan-chikmagalur-balehonnur-horanadu since it is very scenic and the drive is through a mix of coffee estates and forest by the river.

I think there is not much of difference in the distance in either route. Do update this thread with your experience if you are taking the Arsekere route since I have not seen many taking it and do not think there is a latest update on this.
Old 15th October 2009, 12:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haripg View Post
Hi Ranger!

I was planning to visit Horanadu, do you suggest the Tumkur Arisekere Chikmagalur route or Kunigal, Hassan, Chikmagalur, BaleHonnur Route?

Regards
Hari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
Hi Hari,

I like the route from Hassan-chikmagalur-balehonnur-horanadu since it is very scenic and the drive is through a mix of coffee estates and forest by the river.
Rightly said Indian Ranger, take the above mentioned route, it's beautiful all the way till Hornadu
Other possible route
BLR-Hassan-Belur-Mudigere-Kottigehara-Javali-Kalasa-Hornadu.
Here the road condition is not so great after Belur, but ditsance wise its 320kms from Bangalore
Old 20th October 2009, 15:55   #29
BHPian

Nice travelogue. Can you pls post some details on the places to stay with contact details and the tariffs if possible? Planning to do a trip to these places over the weekend.
Old 20th October 2009, 16:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Very well written travelogue and pics to go with it Ranger ! And like NFS2024 above has suggested, could you share more details on your stay and rough tariff estimates ? I have always been wanting to do this circuit and your travelogue will help me immensely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks