Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2010, 17:33   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi Ampere,

I didnt know about this place earlier. The pics were good. Need to check it out.
Thanks Sami. It makes for nice half day outing. Over on top the history of the place is also refreshing to see.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:36   #32
BHPian

Lepakshi-A place to see

Thank you all for informing us about Lepakshi-fantastic place-Temple built in 1538, so its over 400 years old nearing 500. Its about 4 kms from the the Toll on the left enroute to Hyderabad. There are a No. of those big autos standing there, you just cannot miss the turning!
The main temple is beautiful and I must say really well kept. The Nandi is amazing!! Great place for a Family pinic, on the way back visit Nandi Hills.

Last edited by Judemayne : 23rd August 2010 at 09:37. Reason: spellings
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:35   #33
BHPian

Needed a quick break from routine. drove to lepakshi today. The drive was very very good, the NH7 is like a laid-back, whetted snake, with no rush. There were so few vehicles plying after devanahalli. started at 6-30 from bangalore. took multiple stops, and finally reached lepakshi at 9. The drive on NH7 is like a dream. I followed guidance from this forum to get the left turn from NH7. Once you cross the toll-gate, after 4/5 kms, there is Raxa academy on LH, after that there is very small APTDC hotel, which is located in a busy junction with lots of trucks and people waiting for bus, take immediate left turn after the APTDC hotel.

The road to lepakshi is good for initial 5 kms, after that it becomes rough with lot of pot-holes. there are some scaly patches with lots of pot-holes which shook my i10 (well I know it would have been shaken on any road :-)) . I could not manage to go beyond 30 kmph for most part, and needed to do a lot of steering manipulation to prevent my pregnant wife feeling all the pot-holes.

The lepakshi town, as such has nothing to write home about, but temple is grand. Somehow, I get the feeling that it is not being promoted well. The architecture and craft are marvelous. As I visited on Thursday, there were very few visitors, and we could took our own time and space to laze around.

Started back at around 1pm, had lunch at Kamat. Needed to take 2 u-turns as it is on RHS while coming to Bangalore. Did a halt at Chitravathi Dam before that - there is not much of dam though, just a small barrage kind of place, there was cloud cover and nice wind, so we took a walk along the barrage. The place is roughly 30 kms before Chikkaballapur while coming to bangalore.

The NH7 was as usual breeze till airport, and we got lucky in having only 1 red signal, that too for less than a minute, from airport to infantry road. Just imagine - the whole stretch, from airport to infantry road I had only two signals one at yelahanka, and the next at infantry road, that too at around 4pm.

Overall, a very nice drive on a short notice. Thanks for the info guys.

Last edited by cuboid : 2nd September 2010 at 21:36.
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:57   #34
Team-BHP Support

Even I wanted to do that dam on the way back. But since was in a hurry did not take that deviation.
Do you have any snaps of the dam?
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Even I wanted to do that dam on the way back. But since was in a hurry did not take that deviation.
Do you have any snaps of the dam?
That deviation would not take you far - it's only half km. The tarring stops soon after the highway and after that it is only gravels. There is a large gravelled parking space, after that the road is very narrow, only for a single car. That road/pathway leads to the barrage. we walked down on it. Would try to post couple of snaps tom.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
That deviation would not take you far - it's only half km. The tarring stops soon after the highway and after that it is only gravels. There is a large gravelled parking space, after that the road is very narrow, only for a single car. That road/pathway leads to the barrage. we walked down on it. Would try to post couple of snaps tom.
Hey Cuboid,

How do we spot the deviation for the dam? Is there a board there?
Old 2nd October 2010, 08:44   #37
Team-BHP Support

There is a very small sign-board, which can easily missed! (This is on the way back to Bangalore)
I have already forgotten where it was!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks