Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 17:40   #16
BHPian

Good one traveloholic. Nice pictures too.
Old 14th October 2009, 17:46   #17
BHPian

Thanks everyone for reading through my travelouge. I am enjoying writing about my experience as much as I enjoyed the trip. These words get back the memories to life.
Old 14th October 2009, 19:11   #18
BHPian

Not even 24 hours into the journey and have experienced so much on the way to Goa. More to come soon, travelouge being updated.
Old 14th October 2009, 20:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Keep the pics coming, Travelholic.

Man, you guys were lucky to get accomodation that cheap---Avi paid 800 per double room at Baga, and we paid 1000 per double room. Even what I paid was dead cheap---I'd estimated Rs 2500 per room,going by rates quoted on websites. Thanks to Avi, we got a good deal, with all the bells and whistles.
Old 14th October 2009, 21:13   #20
Team-BHP Support

Wow that waterfall experience was good! I had a similar experience in Tirupathi while climbing the ghats on foot! It was just that we were the first to take plunge into the falls and crowd followed suit !

BTW what is at thing which is hanging over the falls?
Old 14th October 2009, 22:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Wow that waterfall experience was good!
BTW what is at thing which is hanging over the falls?
Well, it is the same dangling ghost I'd put up in my travelogue (sorry for hijacking your thread, Travelholic!

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-goa-trip-074-large.jpg
Old 15th October 2009, 00:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Took the room for 2 days = 500/- * 2 Rooms * 2 Days = Rs. 2000/-
You got a pretty good deal, considering this to be in calangute.
Old 15th October 2009, 12:02   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not even 24 hours into the journey and have experienced so much on the way to Goa. More to come soon, travelouge being updated.
You bet. I am sure it's going to last for the coming few days. I cannot help but repeat Nikhil, i am pleasantly surprised to see your writing skills with a slight twist of humour and i thought you were good at images and design. I am enjoying it thoroughly. Please continue in detail !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Keep the pics coming, Travelholic.

Man, you guys were lucky to get accomodation that cheap---Avi paid 800 per double room at Baga, and we paid 1000 per double room. Even what I paid was dead cheap---I'd estimated Rs 2500 per room,going by rates quoted on websites. Thanks to Avi, we got a good deal, with all the bells and whistles.
Thanks Venu. I would have negotiated till 700 bucks which would have been a saving of Rs.600 but i can see my friends shifting their legs in impatience so i told myself " what the heck, let's settle for Rs.800/room/day"
Old 15th October 2009, 13:29   #24
BHPian

The weather was kind of getting better as we were entering Goa. Clicked a silhouette of the hillock against the setting sun. Don't remember which place it was but was way before entering Goa.

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-1-scenery.jpg

After checking into the room, we loittered around the place, checking out the beach shacks at Calangute and having sumptous dinner after 24 hours.

This was an experience in itself. Detailed sightseeing and few more anecdotes coming soon.

Right now, its at work place.
Old 15th October 2009, 19:28   #25
BHPian

Landing in Goa was a miracle in itself now, especially after the whole 24 hour fiasco, which took place during our journey from Hyderabad to Goa. We thought we need to celebrate this achievement.

So, we slowly walked very very apprehensive towards one of the beach shacks on Calangute Beach. Would not dare recollect the name of the restro-shack on Calangute. If someone knows the name, please tell me the name of the shack, which is first when we descend the steps at Calangute Beach.

We ordered for Golden Fried Prawns and Pepper Chicken. It took the guy 30 mins to get the Golden Fried Prawns and even before we could say WOW!!!, the plate was all empty. We count the number of servings in the plate and we get the count of 7 pieces of Prawns. We thought atleast Pepper Chicken should be good and serve enough for us. I would not dare explain about it, else I might have to go through the whole stressful part again.

Skipping the whole pathetic part of the so called snacks at the shack, we shifted our place from there to somewhere worth while. As we slowly started strolling out of Calangute we notice a Chinese Fast Food guy preparing Chicken Lollipops, we were dumbstruck with the sight and settled down to gorge on the tantalizing chicken lollipops.

I always wanted to try out the Tibetian Restaurant on the Calangute but my friends were always “No No, The Food Would Not Be Good There” Next time I am in Goa, I am gonna try out Tibetian/Russian/Israeli food for sure.

After dinner, we slowly started jay walking towards Baga Beach as we were too tired driving and wanted to stretch out a bit. We were walking on the Calangute Road window shopping or rather say checking out the hot stuff around and mind you guys, I am referring to the collectables and t-shirts sold around. Purchased a couple of T-Shirts as we had already used up 3 T-Shirts.

That was the time, when rain gods blessed us with a couple of zillion gallons of fresh rain water. Half-drenched the 4th time, we thought enough is enough. We cannot get drenched and keep changing clothes, this way we would end up purchasing half of the market and would need to rent out a truck to deliver the stuff to Hyderabad.

So, we quickly retreated back to the room to take some much anticipated rest as another was on the way to Goa and was expected anytime soon. He was to come by flight from Hyderabad to Goa. The flight got delayed by 2 hours and we thought of catching up with quick power naps, which never materialized and the devil lands in Goa. We ask him to take a taxi and drive down to Calangute Beach. Then the whole night binge was in store.

After a hurried change, we all huddle into the car as the down pour was still continuous. So we hopped into the car and off we were to Baga. Checked out the regular places like Tito's, Mambo's and headed to Britto's for some appetizers. Being not much of a foodie kinds, everyone on my ride were mostly option for good appetizers rather than sitting out and eating whole meals. They wanted to try out variety of food there.

Missed my camera a lot that day. The constant fear that rain might try acting funny and play around with my camera, then I would be doomed for ever.

We all retired to bed late in the night at around 4:00 AM and dropped dead as soon as we hit the beds. The itinerary for the next days was very much in place and we had to stick to our plan for the next day.

Planning to buy one of these for my camera. A sure protection for the rainy day.

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-ju0149r20action.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-diccovprc_5.jpg

Last edited by traveloholic : 15th October 2009 at 19:29. Reason: Added last lines
Old 16th October 2009, 00:22   #26
BHPian

Interesting blog. The pictures are very nice too.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:22   #27
BHPian

Date: 03-10-2009
Place: Anvin Guest House, Calangute, Goa
Time: 5:30 AM

Admist the beautiful dreams, I was shocked to hear a few hard knocks on the door. Half-asleep, I staggered to open the door and to my utter surpise, there was no one at the door. I was scared of my wits. I was just a few moments away from wetting my pants due to the experience. Even before I could repurcate from the scary incident, I heard another round of loud thuds and knocks on the door.

Then I noticed my friend missing on the bed and on hearing the knocks carefully, I noticed that these were emanating from the Wash Room. My friend by mistake locked himself up in the wash room and the door was too hard to open once closed fully. We never noticed this when we took the room. It was only after this experience we came to know that either you should have someone outside to open the door incase you close the door or keep the door slight ajar. This way, your escape would be easier.

So, scared to death, I bang opened the door and let him out. It was a funny situation I would love to laugh at. Being at a new place, it was not so easy to calm down and go back to sleep, however slumber was a few minutes away and I was happily dozing off after a few minutes.

Tried hard getting back to the dreamy world I was in, but the whole world seemed to have vanished in thin air. However, I was fast asleep for what ever time was left on hand for me to sleep, before other devils wake up.

As per plan, woke up at 7:30, took bath and was ready to leave. As usual, it was my duty to wake up everyone and make sure that we get out butts out on time. It was Herculean Task, given the deep slumber some of my buddies were in. It was just few words which were yelled for a long time "Wake Up Dude!", "Its Time to leave", "M^@** C*^#~", "@%%@%#%@%#%%@%#@**#@#@*"

Atlast, we got our butts out of the place by 9:00 to head for breakfast at Sagar Hotel, Calangute. Ordered 3 Masala Dosa's, 2 Upma's, 1 Poori & 1 Wada. Followed by a cup of tea for each. As anticipated, the bill worked out to Rs.293/-, paid Rs.300/- and walked out. You might be thinking only Rs.7/- tip. As per my friend, it was too much of a tip especially taking into account the kind of service offered.

Less said the better, we walked out of Sagar Hotel and started walking towards Calangute to start our funfilled activity for the day. After we reached Calangute beach and started enjoying in water, we remembered that we forgot the camera. No one had patience to walk back to the car to get the camera. That is the level of lethargy in our group. If we were to participate in MTV Roadies or any of such shows, we would be either eliminated at the first instance or we would be kicked out of the show for being too lethargic.

As the day progressed, so were many new experiences and new adventures in store for us.
Old 16th October 2009, 17:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Never ever get bored reading a Goa travelogue ! Nice one Nikhil, cant wait to read and see more, keep them coming !
Old 19th October 2009, 15:59   #29
BHPian

Diwali's been hectic, updates coming up soon. Happy Reading Friends
Old 19th October 2009, 18:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Diwali's been hectic, updates coming up soon. Happy Reading Friends
We need more posts to justify that statement!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks