Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 15:42   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamraj View Post
Folks, that was the end of the travelogue.

Thanks a lot to all of you for travelling with us on this journey that took several years in the making and will be a memory of a lifetime for us.....

- Y
Yamraj
This has been one great trip. I have followed it all along like all the other Leh trips of 2009 season. This has been one family trip with regular vehicles like most of us have. It is up to the courage of the leader of the group that all travelled safely and came back safely.

In the 2009 season I and my wife were just a couple of weeks late when the snows had just started. Could not get leave before that. We had reached Keylong but had to return due to heavy snowfall forecast. We were the last 25-30 vehicles that cross Rohtang and then it closed.

So maybe this year I would be trying it. And you in your very normal way, very family type drive out have done it. Congrats once again.
Old 20th January 2010, 22:31   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Yamraj
This has been one great trip. I have followed it all along like all the other Leh trips of 2009 season. This has been one family trip with regular vehicles like most of us have. It is up to the courage of the leader of the group that all travelled safely and came back safely.

In the 2009 season I and my wife were just a couple of weeks late when the snows had just started. Could not get leave before that. We had reached Keylong but had to return due to heavy snowfall forecast. We were the last 25-30 vehicles that cross Rohtang and then it closed.

So maybe this year I would be trying it. And you in your very normal way, very family type drive out have done it. Congrats once again.
Thanx for the compliments

You were lucky (and wise!) to get out of there in time. The snow caused quite a bit of problems and some folks were stranded for very long.

Wish you good luck in your trip this year. Am sure you will make it this time around (just start a little earlier ).

- Y
Old 23rd January 2010, 14:33   #153
BHPian

Very Nice.

Hi Yamraj, ( or can I call you Yama from Lama and Gama )

A very well written Travelogue. I enjoyed every bit of it. I have a few question though:
Is your Palio a 1.6?
How did you manage the walky licence? & what was its range?

Thanks for letting us into this fantastic journey of yours.

Regards
RoS
Old 31st January 2010, 18:06   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulerofsun View Post
Hi Yamraj, ( or can I call you Yama from Lama and Gama )

A very well written Travelogue. I enjoyed every bit of it. I have a few question though:
Is your Palio a 1.6?
How did you manage the walky licence? & what was its range?

Thanks for letting us into this fantastic journey of yours.

Regards
RoS
Hi RoS,

You can call me either one of those :-D.

I have a Palio 1.6 Sports (2006 model).

I didn't have a licence for the walkies. I don't know if it's required or not either.

Thanx for your compliments

- Y
Old 6th February 2010, 03:41   #155
BHPian

Great One yamraj! I was unable to follow up your thread for last month and you have already finished it. Waiting for your next one.
Old 6th February 2010, 04:16   #156
BHPian

One Simple Word " AWSOME"

rest all i have already said in my previous comment, however with all your good wishes we aer planning the same on Bike this year from Delhi, The saga has already begun for us
Old 6th February 2010, 16:51   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian20 View Post
Great One yamraj! I was unable to follow up your thread for last month and you have already finished it. Waiting for your next one.
Thanx for the compliments .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
One Simple Word " AWSOME"

rest all i have already said in my previous comment, however with all your good wishes we aer planning the same on Bike this year from Delhi, The saga has already begun for us
Thanx for the compliments .

Wish you all the best and a ton of fun in your trip. Do update as and when that happens.
Old 8th February 2010, 20:16   #158
BHPian

@ yamraj , we too had a similar trip to leh n back through Srinagar .

We reached Zozila or the ghat section before sonmarg after 6 , so we couldnt take any good pics of the whole ghat section .
Do you have it ? I m so eager to see that route in the daylight !!

cheers
Old 8th February 2010, 20:48   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
@ yamraj , we too had a similar trip to leh n back through Srinagar .

We reached Zozila or the ghat section before sonmarg after 6 , so we couldnt take any good pics of the whole ghat section .
Do you have it ? I m so eager to see that route in the daylight !!

cheers
We were running a little late and were a bit tired so didn't take too many photographs ourselves. What I have are posted at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1690021
Old 9th February 2010, 11:04   #160
Senior - BHPian

Oh ya we also did Zozila when it was raining cats and dogs and there was fog all over. That place is really beautiful though.
Old 9th February 2010, 12:13   #161
BHPian

What a fantastic trip report - absolutely rivetting! I spent the entire morning reading this thread. Great going and congratulations on achieving this!
Old 9th February 2010, 19:02   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Oh ya we also did Zozila when it was raining cats and dogs and there was fog all over. That place is really beautiful though.
Zozila in rain and fog? That sounds like a proper adventure all right! Did you guys take the upper route or the lower one? The upper one is pretty treacherous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
What a fantastic trip report - absolutely rivetting! I spent the entire morning reading this thread. Great going and congratulations on achieving this!
Thanx Ajit
Old 10th February 2010, 01:09   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Zozila in rain and fog? That sounds like a proper adventure all right! Did you guys take the upper route or the lower one? The upper one is pretty treacherous.

Thanx Ajit
well you got it just right we took the upper route and to add to the fun we landed up in the middle of a live land slide..lol

here is exactly what we experienced up there http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1665508
Old 10th February 2010, 20:24   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
well you got it just right we took the upper route and to add to the fun we landed up in the middle of a live land slide..lol

here is exactly what we experienced up there http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1665508
That was quite something! A live landslide and driving through muck! Must have been quite a hair raising experience!
Old 11th February 2010, 11:04   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was quite something! A live landslide and driving through muck! Must have been quite a hair raising experience!
Oh ya it sure was i so badly wanna take that drive again... are you planning to do Ladakh again this year??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks