Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 19:19   #706
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@AP Qualis getting stuck on the sand in this beach? Man. Are you serious?

Seeing two wheeler guys ripping around, the jeep, the pillion rider, the cyclists etc, one can't believe a qualis guy got stuck here. And you yourself have advocated some place that this is the best beach to drive on and take photos of your vehicle on the beach!

@Samurai San. Many people come to dive agar to drive/ ride on the beach. But with so much crabs and other living things, it's better that vehicles aren't allowed, lest the kill these beautiful creatures.

And that red jeep was literally doing over 50 at that time saar. And one biker flatlined his bike on this stretch. He'd have touched 100. How often do you hear people doing 3 figures on beaches?

Last edited by MX6 : 16th November 2010 at 19:23.
Old 17th November 2010, 10:20   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@AP Qualis getting stuck on the sand in this beach? Man. Are you serious?
I still advocate about beach drive at Diveagar but things are not as easy as it look like.
One wrong judgement and tyres will be half buried in the sand surely and same thing happened with qualis.
Just be cautious and enjoy beach drive at diveagar.
Posting some pics of my alto at diveagar beach,
sorry for poor pic quality by crappy mobile cam,

My Alto at diveagar beach year 2006.
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-image014.jpg
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-image022.jpg
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-image024.jpg

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 17th November 2010 at 10:25.
Old 24th December 2010, 17:23   #708
Senior - BHPian

Re: Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!

Did a Pune-Paithan-Aurangabad-Ajanta-Ellora-A.Nagar-Pune trip. Few are of the pics.. Not sure if I can post battle tank pics kept at the museum so skiping them for time being.
Attached Thumbnails
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-pc180041.jpg  

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-pc180048.jpg  

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-pc190077.jpg  

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-pc190128.jpg  

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-pc190157.jpg  

Old 24th December 2010, 17:48   #709
Senior - BHPian

Rest of the pics...

PS: There was some problem with the image upload so could not upload all images in the first post.
Attached Thumbnails
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-pc190171.jpg  

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-pc190187.jpg  

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-pc190219.jpg  

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-pc200331.jpg  

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-pc210402.jpg  

Old 30th December 2010, 22:26   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I still advocate about beach drive at Diveagar but things are not as easy as it look like.
One wrong judgement and tyres will be half buried in the sand surely and same thing happened with qualis.
Just be cautious and enjoy beach drive at diveagar.
Posting some pics of my alto at diveagar beach,
sorry for poor pic quality by crappy mobile cam,
When we visited Diveagar last year, the local people had put up barricades preventing vehicles to proceed onto the sand. Though, I would have liked to drive on the hard sand, I appreciate this initiative as it allows visitirs to walk peacefully. The reason for the barricades is apparently because someone in a car went further and stayed longer and the tide came in. I dont know how true this is - they didnt explain further and I was already running to the waves

This is a truly remarkable compilation, it took me a coupple of days to catch up on this, but I read through every page from the beginning till now. I expect to visit some of these places next year and also contribute a few more if they havent already been covered by then!
The meet also seems to have been a grand success - heres to many more of them. How about having the next one in equidistant territory - Goa?
can we please schedule after march so I can attend too?

EDIT: removed question on how to subscribe as I managed to do this

Last edited by selfdrive : 30th December 2010 at 22:28.
Old 24th June 2011, 17:50   #711
BHPian

Re: Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog - Monsoon Mania!

This thread has been a big source of inspiration for me on the places to see around Pune. Since this has been dormant for a while. i thought i will revive it with a collection of photos from my travels during last monsoon. I have given the places corresponding to the photos which i hope will inspire you to make a visit

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc00280.jpg On Kaas Plateau

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc00402.jpg Lohagad Fort

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc00503.jpg Famous viewpoint in Tamhini

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc00526.jpg Plus Valley - Tamhini

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc00865.jpg View from the top of Neelkanteshwar towards Panshet

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc00965.jpg From the top of Karla Caves

Name:  DSC_0092.JPG
Views: 2636
Size:  241.6 KB On the trail to Bhaja Caves

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_1203.jpg Looking towards Bhor Ghat

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_1278.jpg Looking towards the Thoseghar ridge from Kaas Plateau

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_1375.jpg Thoseghar Waterfalls

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_1391.jpg Tung Fort/Pavna Dam

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_1802.jpg Bhuleshwar temple (was a beautiful day!)

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_2334.jpg Waterfall on the route from Satara to Mahabaleshwar vis medha. An amazing route - the most number of waterfalls i have seen on a single trip

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_2497.jpg Kaas Plateau - not on the main flowering area, but a bit towards Bamnoli

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_2707.jpg Just as you enter te side road going towards the base of Purandar fort

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_2755.jpg Lonavala waterfall, just below Lions Point

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_2773.jpg Lion's Point, Lonavala

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_2809.jpg Bushy dam, not exactly my type!

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_3002.jpg On the trek to the top of Purandar, looking down

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_3059.jpg Dilli Darwaza - Purandar Hill

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_3613.jpg Trek to Purandar fort - an easy, but interesting one.

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_4001.jpg An amazing waterfall somewhere behind Sutarwadi in Tamhini. To reach this, you have to cross a river.

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_4172.jpg Just below Sajjangad, on the way to thoseghar

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_4785.jpg View from Ekaanth lodge in Lavasa

Name:  DSC_9838.JPG
Views: 2057
Size:  129.0 KB Somewhere on the NH4 close to Pune

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_9915.jpg Behind Baneshwar Temple

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-dsc_9940.jpg At the start of Bhor Ghat, found this from Google Earth

Enjoy!
Old 24th June 2011, 19:05   #712
BHPian

wow fantastic pictures there. Beautiful when it rains. Thanks for sharing
Old 24th June 2011, 19:40   #713
BHPian

Beautiful pictures rajarams. Perfect season to revive the thread.
Bamnoli and Kaas are nearby isnt it?
Old 24th June 2011, 19:56   #714
BHPian

From satara, you take the road to the Kaas Plateau. On the other end of the road , where the road meets the backwaters of the Koyna dam is the village of Bamnoli. Here, you can take boating trips to Vasota and Tapola. Btw, if you are in Bamnoli, look up. I have never seen such a big bat colony out in the open. There are few trees near the boating jettys and there are hundreds of bats on them. (Don't know whether they are seasonal though)
Old 20th July 2011, 22:54   #715
BHPian

Guys, help needed on the route and accommodation.

I am planning a trip to Amba ghat on Kolhapur - Ratnagiri road in last weekend of July including a night stay.
Route would be Pune - NH4 till malkapur - then NH 204 as per google maps.
Any suggestions on the route to take?

There are few resorts at Amba ghat. Jungle resort, Amba resort, Manali resort, Pavankhind resort, Vanashree resort.

First hand reviews are most welcome. My family includes a 4 year old kid hence the accommodation quality matters.
Old 21st July 2011, 14:12   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Guys, help needed on the route and accommodation.

I am planning a trip to Amba ghat on Kolhapur - Ratnagiri road in last weekend of July including a night stay.
Route would be Pune - NH4 till malkapur - then NH 204 as per google maps.
Any suggestions on the route to take?

There are few resorts at Amba ghat. Jungle resort, Amba resort, Manali resort, Pavankhind resort, Vanashree resort.

First hand reviews are most welcome. My family includes a 4 year old kid hence the accommodation quality matters.
You should be taking this route - Pune - Satara - Karad - Kokrud - Malakapur - Amba. Just after Karad look for an exit for kokrud after the reliance petrol pump which will take you to Kokrud, malakapur and then Amba. If you wish to visit Kolhapur then of course you can proceed till Kolhapur and take the Ratnagiri road. This alternative road will avoid Kolhapur city traffic and lots of time for you.

The best resort in Amba would be Pawankhind. The location of Manali resort is good as well. On the internet you may find one Hornbill resort. Do not dare going to this resort, I had extremely unpleasant experience here. At pawankhind, you may have to opt for at least 1.5 days package which includes jungle safari (Not sure it's working in monsoon though!)
Old 21st July 2011, 18:59   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
You should be taking this route - Pune - Satara - Karad - Kokrud - Malakapur - Amba. Just after Karad look for an exit for kokrud after the reliance petrol pump which will take you to Kokrud, malakapur and then Amba. If you wish to visit Kolhapur then of course you can proceed till Kolhapur and take the Ratnagiri road. This alternative road will avoid Kolhapur city traffic and lots of time for you.

The best resort in Amba would be Pawankhind. The location of Manali resort is good as well. On the internet you may find one Hornbill resort. Do not dare going to this resort, I had extremely unpleasant experience here. At pawankhind, you may have to opt for at least 1.5 days package which includes jungle safari (Not sure it's working in monsoon though!)
Thanks Figopian for the route and accommodation advice.
I am unable to get through the guys in Amba resort which is right on the road. Any idea about a resort named The Jungle Resort?
Old 21st July 2011, 20:37   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Thanks Figopian for the route and accommodation advice.
I am unable to get through the guys in Amba resort which is right on the road. Any idea about a resort named The Jungle Resort?
Nope. Never heard of The Jungle Resort. I guess, the Amba resort is bang on the road so won't be so quiet and clam.
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:27   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Nope. Never heard of The Jungle Resort. I guess, the Amba resort is bang on the road so won't be so quiet and clam.
Called most of these resorts today. Their response doesn't inspire me to book in advance. Will reach there and decide. If I don't find anything good at Amba ghat for stay, I will go to Kolhapur.
Any good options for stay at Kolhapur?
Old 23rd July 2011, 09:43   #720
BHPian

Lots! Pearl, Victor Palace, Raison regency, Panchashil, Orient Crown, Vrishali, Vrindavan, Tourist to name a few.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks