Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 19:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
nice pictures, where are these taken at ?
See post no. 12, please.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:45   #17
BHPian

Great pictures and does bring back the good old memories of this place. I guess its worth another visit.
Old 11th November 2009, 22:26   #18
BHPian

Nice, unspoilt place, mostly deserted, with small week-end crowds. There is also a boating club in the backwaters there. The bridge is photo #15 is the border of Kollam and Thiruvananthapuram districts. Absolutely no infrastructure, except for a closed (?) resort and week-end mobile vendors. Unsafe after evening. I think one could hike to Varkala beach.

For people going from Kollam to TVM on NH-47, one has to take a right after Chathannoor (Thirimukku is the name of the junction), and travel for about 10-15 km. For people going from TVM to Kollam, take a left from Kallambalam junction in NH-47 and travel for about 20 km. The distances are just a rough estimate.
Old 12th November 2009, 14:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Thanks for appreciating the photos.
I can almost feel the water lapping at my feet.......

I used to frequently visit Kollam, but never ventured outside.... I am kicking myself now

If you can, can you please post some pictures of these places in Kollam ? (They are worth visiting)

a. Thirumullavaram - a small temple adjoining the sea. Very few people when ever I visited. You have a small private beach to yourself!

b. Cave Temple - Kottukal Kal Thrikoil, I think!
Old 12th November 2009, 14:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Somewhere near Kayamkulam I guess. The roads which run parallel to the sea are great for top down drives ( top down = open top cars ). We had a meet at Alapuzha sometime back and the route was similar.
When you are driving from edava towards paravoor, you reach this place. Its called kapil, its not near kayamkulam. its aprox 80 kms (up and down)from trivandrum.

Pramod
Old 12th November 2009, 15:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

trrk thanks a ton for sharing those images. I have a request, since your location says Allepey , ever been to the beach in Pollathai or Arthungal ?. One of the most picturesque beaches I have ever seen all my life. If you do get a chance post some images from around there.
Old 12th November 2009, 16:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. keep them coming if you have any.
Old 12th November 2009, 19:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
a. Thirumullavaram - a small temple adjoining the sea. Very few people when ever I visited. You have a small private beach to yourself!
b. Cave Temple - Kottukal Kal Thrikoil, I think!
My friend in Kollam is out of station for a week or so. Let me check with him. He might have images already or he would get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
trrk thanks a ton for sharing those images. I have a request, since your location says Allepey , ever been to the beach in Pollathai or Arthungal ?. One of the most picturesque beaches I have ever seen all my life. If you do get a chance post some images from around there.
I am happy that people did like those images.

I was born and brought up in Alleppey. I am sad to say that I have not gone to that beach.

I am really not an 'outside' guy nor a 'photography' type. It is the friend (mentioned above and the one shooting the sun in the images) who is into such activities. We get together once in three months or so and that is when such things happen.

I will try and check out the beach / beaches that you have mentioned.

Almost all of the images that have been uploaded by me has been from my HTC P3400i though I have a Sony T200 also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks