Team-BHP - An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/73921-incredible-road-trip-lifetime-udaipur-most-romantic-city-world-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy_lover (Post 1704149)
Thank you friend. I am happy that you liked my pics. I have to write my story in my own pace. I cannot hurry up and post the interesting pics first. My story progresses on a day to day basis. So the pics will also be posted accordingly. Thanks for your patience!

Well, I am very proud of my pics. They will always be close to my heart.

@Majic, thanks friend. Let me tell you something. When I post some of my pics later on, as the story progresses, some of these pics will seem amateur before them. The best and the superb ones are yet to come!

>>> Methinks you are well onway to becoming a Rajasthan ka daamaad ( a favourite son-in-law of Rajasthan):)

Hope you have planned similar visits to the western parts as well - to Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sami316 (Post 1702221)
Just got one word to say about the snaps...WOW!!
CL your narration is so good that I felt myself touring the city with you guys. I am planning a similar drive soon.
Dont worry about the comments from few of our friends regarding the no. of photos that you are posting. Keep'em coming, because Yeh Dil Maange More!!.
And I really like to appreciate Bhabhiji's efforts :thumbs up. Its really great that you got such an understanding and compatible better half. Eagerly awaiting your next post. Cheers!!clap:

Thanks a lot for your appreciation, Sami. I will surely post pics that are relevant to our story. Yes, my wifey dear put in a terrific effort to capture some great scenes.

Stay tuned, as the pics are only going to get better and better!

Coming up! The Vintage Car Museum. I have some amazing pics of those beauties!

It is difficult to select one pic that i like the most since i like all of them. clap:

Must be quite a pain to choose which one to post here.
Both of you deserve appreciation for this effort and i can imagine how good the coming pics are gonna be.

Udaipur is one of my favourite destinations and good willing will be planning another trip this yr.
You could have tried RTDC hotel there. It provides secure parking, are much safer and have reasonably priced rooms. We stayed there on our last trip in 05.
Once again, good job and let the pics do talking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amikacin (Post 1704569)
It is difficult to select one pic that i like the most since i like all of them. clap:

Must be quite a pain to choose which one to post here.
Both of you deserve appreciation for this effort and i can imagine how good the coming pics are gonna be.

Udaipur is one of my favourite destinations and good willing will be planning another trip this yr.
You could have tried RTDC hotel there. It provides secure parking, are much safer and have reasonably priced rooms. We stayed there on our last trip in 05.
Once again, good job and let the pics do talking.

Thanks Amikacin. I have covered the Vintage Car Museum and the palaces very well. I am sure you'll like those pics too!

I will surely try out the RTDC hotel when we visit Udaipur the next time!

Hi CL,

My fingers are aching now. That is what happens when you press the F5 key repeatedly. Awaiting further update.

We reached our hotel after the photo shoot at Pichola Lake by 8.40 am. We were really tired after spending over two hours running around the lake trying to capture the perfect shot of the sunrise. We decided to rest for a while and then venture out to our next destination, the Vintage Car Museum! We were really exhausted and dozed off in no time!

We woke up after a two hour siesta and got ready and got of our hotel at 12.30 pm. We reached the museum which was very near to our hotel after a three minute walk. Gulab Bagh was right opposite to the museum.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-gulab-bagh-street-outside.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-gulab-bagh.jpg

There were two options for buying tickets of the museum. The first one was priced at Rs. 100 per head with a soft drink included. The other option was to take a ticket at Rs. 150 per head with one vegetarian meal included in the price. We opted for option one.

Soon we were inside the palace and were taken aback by its beauty. There was also a beautiful vintage petrol pump inside the palace!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-1.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-2.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-3.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-4.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-museum_-petrol-pump.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-petrol-pump-2.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage_-restaurant.jpg

The cars were kept in pristine condition and we were awestruck seeing the beauties.

The first car we saw was a Rolls Royce 1934 model. It was a stunning work of art! clap:

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-royce-1.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-royce-1a.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-royce-2.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-royce-3.jpg

The second car was again a Rolls Royce 1930 model. It resembled a huge truck. We were surprised to know that this car was used by Maharana Bhagwat Singh to transport cricketers between the Palace and the stadium for Ranji Trophy matches.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rr-3.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-royce-.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-royce-b.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-royce-c.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-royce-d.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-royce-e.jpg

The third car was a Buick Super 8. We liked the car a lot. It was a huge car, even by today’s standards.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-buick-1.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-buick-1a.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-buick-2.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-buick-3.jpg

The fourth car was a real beauty. It was a Ford 1930 Phaeton. This car was hired by Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon for her marriage ceremony in Udaipur some years back. The car was driven only inside the palace premises during the ceremony. We loved it! :D

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-ford-description.jpg
Name:  Ford  1.JPG
Views: 1644
Size:  201.8 KB
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-ford-2.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-ford-3.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-ford-4.jpg

We also saw an antique Morris, which reminded me of the Amby!!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-morris-description.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-morris-1.jpg

Hey CL , i am going to sue you. 1) For making me wait till the next installment of the pcitures 2) For undue tensions that i am meeting for checking this thread 3) for making a patient of Compulsive Disorder, hitting F5 every 10 minutes. you better get going with this thread.. Wonderful!

We were truly mesmerized by the collection of vintage cars on display.

Here are some more pics. Each car has a description too, with its registration number! :D

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-merc-1.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-merc-1a.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-merc-2.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-merc-4.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-merc-5.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-merc-6.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-merc-7.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-cadillac-2.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-cadillac-1.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-cadillac-3.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-1.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-3.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-rolls-2.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-royce-1.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-royce-2.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-royce-5a.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-royce-6.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-royce-7.jpg

Those old ladies look awesome even at this age! Thanks CL for sharing these pics. We missed to visit that wonderful collection for lack of time during our trip to Udaipur in October. Anyway, Udaipur is en route to several more long trips, so will have a date with those old beauties sometime in future.

wow those are some crazy cars you have spotted my friend

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongDrive lover (Post 1707480)
Those old ladies look awesome even at this age! Thanks CL for sharing these pics. We missed to visit that wonderful collection for lack of time during our trip to Udaipur in October. Anyway, Udaipur is en route to several more long trips, so will have a date with those old beauties sometime in future.

It is my pleasure to share these pics, Longdrivelover. There are many travelogues on Udaipur in T-Bhp, but no one has given enough importance to the vintage car museum. I have clicked around 900 pics of the vintage cars, because I happen to be a great car lover. I spent close to twelve hours selecting, finetuning and combining the pics, that I already posted. I still have another 50 odd pics to post. :)

In my opinion, the vintage car musueum is a 'National Treasure'. It has to be preserved for the present and future generations. I will be very happy if a fifteen year old child knows how a 1930 Rolls Royce looked!!! I hope my pics will serve that purpose!

One more fact. The vintage car museum is a photographer's nightmare. The lighting inside the garage is 'horrible' and the sun casts very dark shadows all over! And if I use flash, the photo will be ruined most of the time because of the reflection from the shiny cars! No wonder I spent three hours inside the museum!!! :Frustrati I hope you liked my pics, most of which were taken without a flash or any artificial lighting.

As I said, this was our best effort in photography and I did it for the benefit of my readers.

@Kaushik, the cars are real works of art. Some of the car's dashboards resembled a fighter plane's cockpit with so many dials and meters! An example - The Rolls Royce 1924 Tourer!

@ Majic, sorry for the delay, buddy. I have lots of work to do to downsize, fine tune and combine the pics! Selecting which pics to post from my collection of 10,000 pics is itself a herculean task!

Stay glued for more!

Quote:

I drove towards Hotel Florence and parked my Chevy there and went inside to check out the rooms. The manager was a nice gentleman and he gave me a fantastic rate of Rs. 1400 with breakfast. I liked the room a lot. I told wifey about the room. We were shocked to finally understand the game played by touts. He would have easily made Rs. 1000+ as commission, if I had gone with him. I told about this to the hotel’s manager and he just told me that he would have charged me Rs. 2200 if I had gone there with the tout.

Then it was time for negotiations. They showed me two rooms, one deluxe and one super deluxe. I liked the super deluxe room. It was very good. They quoted me a tariff of Rs. 1600. Know what rate I finally got it for??? Rs. 800!
That is a very useful tip, Chevy Lover. And some good bargaining skills on your side.

Great photos as usual!

Thank you HVK sir for your comments. I mentioned about the guide deliberately to make readers understand the dirty games people play.

I made the hotel guys greedy by mentioning that I might stay for a week. They were literally treating me like royalty during our entire stay!!

[quote=Chevy_lover;1707965]It is my pleasure to share these pics, Longdrivelover. I have clicked around 900 pics of the vintage cars, because I happen to be a great car lover. I spent close to twelve hours selecting, finetuning and combining the pics, that I already posted. I still have another 50 odd pics to post. :)

Dear C_L, It is said that quantity and quality rarely go hand in hand, BUT, you have proved it wrong here. So many pics, yet, each one is better then the previous! Amazing efforts surely you must have put in.

Yes, that vintage car museum should be seen as a national treasure, no doubt.
Pl. continue the excellent work.

The last set of pics from the Vintage Car Museum!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-1.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-2.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-3.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-4.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-5.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-6.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-7.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage-8.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-vintage_workshop.jpg