Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 11:38   #16
BHPian

Day 1 Pics

Few more pics from day 1 journey are here:

NOTE: 1. Most of our highway pics were taken by our 12 yr old son.
2. And I also gave him instructions to record trip logs.
He performed both these duties reasonably well, considering his age and the fact that this was our first time!

Pics 1-2. Passing by Fatehpur Sikri. (Though we have yet to visit this beautiful monument of Mughal period, we didn't stop and made a promise to us to visit it sometime next).
3. Beautiful GQ quality NH 11 (Agra - Jaipur).
4. Family enjoying the comfort of Safari. Its like being on your sofa in your drawing room!
5. Our son doing essential duty of the trip. (Pl dont pull me for son not wearing seat belt. Actually, this snap was taken when the car was parked for a pits stop. I never allow anyone on front seat w/o seat belt).

Day 2 with more good pics of will follow soon.
Attached Thumbnails
My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc01979.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc01980.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02002.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02005.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 1st February 2010 at 11:46.
Old 1st February 2010, 15:06   #17
BHPian

Day 2

Day 2.

We woke up late but were looking fresh. daughter was also fine, saying her fever has gone. We started at 8 am (trip odo 618) and after taking a flyover from near railway station, soon reached Jaipur - Ajmer Express way. had a photo session on NH 8 at the beginning itself. First Toll plaza came at odo 640, Time 8.45 am. Took left to Bhilwara just before Kishangarh. had a brief brake at Nazeerabad, passed by Bhilwara. We knew this road has less traffic and poor facilities. But, the drive was fantastic. Before that, I also enjoyed driving on super fast Expressway, though traffic was heavy there, but I could maintain 120-140.
We were thinking for lunch break at Chittorgarh and I was speeding on empty roads, just 30 kms before C'garh, I saw a Reliance A1 plaza along with their petrol bunk, it looked like open, and it was on our side of road, so reluctantly I took break and turned, just in time. We stopped at 12 (odo 901). It indeed was open and as expected, it was very neat& clean, and food was also very tasty. My daughter was extremely happy to have such a open place to roam around. We started after a long break at 1.15 pm.

We reached C'garh at 1.40 (odo 931.4). It was not a pleasant feeling to leave beautiful 4 lane super fast bypass. But we have planned to visit historical fort, so moved inside city on old 2 lane road. Asked locals and went straight to Fort.

Now some pics. They are self-explanatory.

Coming up next are pics of Cittorgarh Fort.
Attached Thumbnails
My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02012.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02014.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02018.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02020.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02027.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02028.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02030.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02034.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02035.jpg  

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 1st February 2010 at 15:09.
Old 1st February 2010, 15:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good progress, my friend. Nice to see your son taking notes! Good teamwork!!

Your pics of the highway are very good. Eagerly awaiting your Chittogarh experience and pics of the fort!
Old 1st February 2010, 15:56   #19
BHPian

Chittorgarh Fort

Chittorgarh Fort

We thought we'd take a round of the Fort in 1 hr. (not feasible if you want to know about the places inside it). Reaching there, we reluctantly hired a guide for Rs. 125 (a wise decision as the Fort is spread in several acres of land). He was an experienced man, showed us around, explained impt places in less time. After coming down from Fort, he took us to a Govt run Emporium, we did some shopping of local things. Finally, we left C'garh city at 4.20 pm. After asking for directions in city, finally we got on to another beautiful 4 lane bypass coming from Kota (NH 76 going to Udaipur- Abu road - Palanpur-), which later crossed below NH 79 (which we had left when coming from Bhilwara side).

Pics of/from the Fort coming up.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am sure you have had a great trip...awaiting more pics!!!
Old 1st February 2010, 16:20   #21
BHPian

A Problem:

Pics are not attaching. An error ' Zero sized reply' is coming. What to do?
Old 1st February 2010, 16:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
A Problem:

Pics are not attaching. An error ' Zero sized reply' is coming. What to do?
Have you downsized the pics to the right size?
Old 1st February 2010, 16:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Have you downsized the pics to the right size?
Thanks. Yes, they all are under permitted size. I am trying again.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:04   #24
BHPian

Chittorgarh Fort pics

Finally pics attached. More will follow.

Thanks Kaushik and C_L for appreciation.

PS: I think I reduced them to 50 % and they became too small!
Attached Thumbnails
My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02036.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02038.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02040.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02041.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02043.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02044.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02045.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 1st February 2010 at 17:08.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:32   #25
BHPian

Chottorgarh Fort pics continue..

There were several temples & palaces inside the hugely spread landscape of C'garh Fort. Of course, majority of them are not in good shape now. The guide told that all of the town population used to live inside the Fort when it was the capital of Mewar Kingdom. But, when after repeated attacks on Fort by Mughal kings, on adwise of hie councels, Raja Udai Singh (Father of Maharana Pratap), shifted capital to Udaipur, the Fort slowly went to ruines and people shifted down outside the fort which is now the city.

Chottorgarh Fort pics.

1-2. View of C'garh city from Fort.
3. Remains of the Residence of Royal family in Fort.
4. In front of Vijay Stambh
5-6. The ground where Royal ladies whose husbands have gone to war and when not expected to return, they used to set themselves afire even before the news of their husbands killed come! This was known as 'Johar'. It was similar. but lil different then 'Sati' tradition.(As told by the Guide)
7-10. Samadhiswer temple inside Fort
Attached Thumbnails
My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02050.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02052.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02054.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02057.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02061.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02063.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02064.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02068.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02066.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02073.jpg  

Old 1st February 2010, 17:47   #26
BHPian

More Fort pics

1-2. Samadhiswera temple.

3,5. Royal pool, where royal family members used to take a bath after last rites of a family member.

4,6. Another temple alongside Royal pool.

7. The one shooting someone doesn't know that HE is also being shot by someone ! he he !

8-10. In front of Vijay Stambh.
Attached Thumbnails
My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02074.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02076.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02077.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02079.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02080.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02082.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02088.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02090.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02091.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 1st February 2010, 18:15   #27
BHPian

Fort pics continue..

1-2. Lake Palace alongside the Padmini Palace (residence of Royal lady Padmini who was said to be amazingly beautiful).

3. Remains of Servant quarters inside Padmini Palace.

4. View of Padmini Palace.

5-7. Views of Lake Palace (where Queen Padmini used to take rest in summers. It had a secret way from inside Padmini palace).

8. Padmini Palace.

9. A Jain temple near Kirti Stambh on eastern side of the Fort.

10. Kirti Stambh. (It is less in height and no. of floors, and is younger then the Vijay Stambh (Vijay Stambh is on western side, current city side).

11-12 Kirti Stambh.

13-15. Views from eastern side of Fort.(Mughals used to attack Fort from this side).

16. Black Tigress at Kirti Stambh.

17. Enjoying much needed Tea at a roadside Dhaba- Wow ! I like it!

18-19. Sunset at NH 76 just before Udaipur (Our son took these pics in moving car!).

20. Black Tigress resting at the Dhaba on NH 76.

Udaipur and Mt. Abu pics coming up next.
Attached Thumbnails
My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02095.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02096.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02097.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02099.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02101.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02102.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02103.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02106.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02117.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02118.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02119.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02125.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02126.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02127.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02140.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02157.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02173.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02174.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02164.jpg  

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 1st February 2010 at 18:16.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:26   #28
BHPian

Great tour pictures! I just need to know how are the suspensions of new 2.2 Safari? As one of my friends is planning to buy Safari, he just needs a feedback about how is the maintenance and its cost for the suspensions compared to previous model Safari?
Old 1st February 2010, 18:46   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Great tour pictures! I just need to know how are the suspensions of new 2.2 Safari? As one of my friends is planning to buy Safari, he just needs a feedback about how is the maintenance and its cost for the suspensions compared to previous model Safari?

Thanks. Till now no problem in last 5 months of ownership. Don't have any experience of previous models, so can't compare. Doubts have always been expressed by many about safari maintenance, and sometimes I also get scared, but then so far its been flawless (touch wood). Suspension is excellent as a rider I am saying. Cost may be more, but that comes into picture very late, I think after 45k kms or so. More info you can get on Safari 2.2 problem thread initiated by dadu.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:51   #30
MX6
Senior - BHPian

the photo showing 160kmph is kind of chilling. I'd not do that no matter how inviting the road is in India. The black tigress indeed looks like she's on a prowl!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks