Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:04   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Superb pics! Yes, Ooty does have it's own charm even today, inspite of what people say.
+1 to that. I have two favourite places. One is Ooty and other is Chikmagalur! You can keep going any number of times and you will never get tired.

From that point of view one should RETIRE in Mysore.
Its the hub for all places to go to!
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:35   #47
BHPian

Thanks!

DD, thanks for the lovely travelogue! Seconding what Laluks already mentioned about reliving his trips through your eyes, I too remembered a recent trip through your pics... Not a proper Ooty trip, but a trek to the Mukurthi peak near Ooty...

In a couple of your pics from 'Shooting Medu', I could see the unmistakable sharp nose like profile of Mukurthi.

Links to your pics that I am referring to:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-p1000796.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-p1000806.jpg

Thanks again!
Sanjay
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:42   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Amazing trip DD.
Me and my powerpuff girls were reliving our trip through your eyes.
Thank you Lalu. Glad everybody enjoyed the travelogue. Dinner meet pending from me sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Superb pics! Yes, Ooty does have it's own charm even today, inspite of what people say.
Thats true PearlJam. Ooty has something special for every tourist who visit the place. We staying in Bangalore are truely fortunate of the possibility of visiting Ooty regularly, because of the short distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1 to that. I have two favourite places. One is Ooty and other is Chikmagalur! You can keep going any number of times and you will never get tired.

From that point of view one should RETIRE in Mysore.
Its the hub for all places to go to!
Sir, I am having serious plans of settling down somewhere in the Nilgiris after retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
DD, thanks for the lovely travelogue! Seconding what Laluks already mentioned about reliving his trips through your eyes, I too remembered a recent trip through your pics... Not a proper Ooty trip, but a trek to the Mukurthi peak near Ooty...

In a couple of your pics from 'Shooting Medu', I could see the unmistakable sharp nose like profile of Mukurthi.

Links to your pics that I am referring to:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-p1000796.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-p1000806.jpg

Thanks again!
Sanjay
Thanks Sanjay. yes the peak looked pretty prominent (sharp nose) when viewing the hill range from Shooting Medu. Was not aware it was the Mukruthi Peak. Loved the pictures from you trek to Mukruthi Peak, especially the ones taken from the top of the peak.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:50   #49
BHPian

Emerald Lake/Dam - Panorama

Took two photograph in Panorama mode in this entire Road trip. The one at Kodaikanal Lake did not come out well as its was during dusk, no proper lighting. This one taken at Emerald Lake. Taken handheld (No Tripod)...

Bangalore - Kodaikanal/Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri again for the 3rd time in Swift D!!!-panorama-3.jpg
Emerald lake/Dam - Panoramic view
Old 24th February 2010, 06:38   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post

Sir, I am having serious plans of settling down somewhere in the Nilgiris after retirement
Sir if you retire in Nilgiris there will be no hill station to drive to ! If you find a place do count me in

PS: OK you can drive to Himalayas or the beaches !
Old 24th February 2010, 13:34   #51
BHPian

Wonderful trip log again DD.

You have inspired me to go on a vacation this summer and Ooty will most probably shortlisted. There are lot of places there which aren't tourist crowded and I generally look out for such places.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:43   #52
Senior - BHPian

Great travelogue and great pics DreamDiesel. Loved the panorama shot. Your travelogue brought back a flood of sweet memories. We deliberately avoided visiting Avalanche and GlenMorgan, during our 3 week long trip to Kodai and Ooty. Your pics gave us great motivation! Now we have one more reason to head back to the 'Queen of Hill Stations'!

IMO, you could have added some more photos! I posted 1280+ photos in my travelogue!

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 24th February 2010 at 13:59.
Old 24th February 2010, 14:40   #53
BHPian

Wonderful Pictures and a great Travelogue DD. I love Ooty (Nilgiris) too. So they have repaired the road from Mettupalayam to Ooty. Every time there is a rain, this road gets a landslide.

But actually this road is broader than the Kotagiri road.
Old 24th February 2010, 15:04   #54
Team-BHP Support

Never get tired of the Emerald lake snaps. Great!
Old 24th February 2010, 15:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Quote:
Sir if you retire in Nilgiris there will be no hill station to drive to ! If you find a place do count me in

Guys count me in too
Old 24th February 2010, 18:25   #56
BHPian

Another Nilgiris travelogue! How do I hold on till June when we are planning to be there! Already travelogues of laluks, chevy lover have tempted me a lot!

BTW. dreamdiseal, Excellent way of writing it and, as usual, fantastic pics of those beautiful serene surroundings. I have just started reading it, still on page 1. Keep them coming.
Old 25th February 2010, 00:37   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Wonderful trip log again DD.
You have inspired me to go on a vacation this summer and Ooty will most probably shortlisted. There are lot of places there which aren't tourist crowded and I generally look out for such places.
Thank You Krish. Ooty will be crowded in the summer. June would be a better time. But there are lots of places that will be empty even in peak season at Ooty. Enjoy your vacation Krish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Great travelogue and great pics DreamDiesel. Loved the panorama shot. Your travelogue brought back a flood of sweet memories. We deliberately avoided visiting Avalanche and GlenMorgan, during our 3 week long trip to Kodai and Ooty. Your pics gave us great motivation! Now we have one more reason to head back to the 'Queen of Hill Stations'!
IMO, you could have added some more photos! I posted 1280+ photos in my travelogue!
CL, thank you. Even I too loved the Panaroma shot. Was not really sure how the panaroma shot would come out. After I had the pictures stitched in the SW on the comp. was pretty happy with the outcome. Just like how it was at Emerald.
Lots of places to look forward to in Ooty if your visiting again. Just like how i was looking forward to Ooty this time.

Your photos at Udaipur have come really well. I only took about 900 pictures in the entire trip. Just uploaded some of the best ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Wonderful Pictures and a great Travelogue DD. I love Ooty (Nilgiris) too. So they have repaired the road from Mettupalayam to Ooty. Every time there is a rain, this road gets a landslide.
But actually this road is broader than the Kotagiri road.
Thank you prowler. Yes the roads are completely done from Mettupalayam to Ooty. Never travelled on the Mettupalayam - Kotagairi road. I was thinking the road I travelled was narrow.

Nevertheless, a great drive on this road, with lots of turns and is also scenic.

Quote:
Never get tired of the Emerald lake snaps. Great!
Thank You. I too loved this snap a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Another Nilgiris travelogue! How do I hold on till June when we are planning to be there! Already travelogues of laluks, chevy lover have tempted me a lot!
BTW. dreamdiseal, Excellent way of writing it and, as usual, fantastic pics of those beautiful serene surroundings. I have just started reading it, still on page 1. Keep them coming.
Thank you LongDrive. June is a very good time to be in Ooty. End of season and place will be lots less crowded. This is my third Ooty Travelogue at TBHP.
Old 25th February 2010, 09:54   #58
Team-BHP Support

Feeling like packing my bags for the next drive!
Old 26th February 2010, 04:13   #59
BHPian

Just wanted to appreciate the minute details captured. Have been to kodai and ooty many times. Still feel its my first time everytime i am there as two most beautiful places in south to visit
Old 26th February 2010, 18:46   #60
cLJ
BHPian

Very nice pictures! this brought back the memories of our last trip. We are planning another trip to Ooty and Mysore next school vacation.

CLJ

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks